123Next >
15642 89 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans74f1c097
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310486 ft
United States

I got my Pixel 3 a week ago. Disappointing to see that the phone doesn't sync with the Mavic Air controller. When you plug it in, the charging turns on and off constantly and the phone doesn't connect to the Mavic Air via the app and instead the charging icon turns on and off constantly. Pixel 3 is not on the compatible device list I get it. But DJI needs to have a better response than "this device wasn't tested". I regret upgrading my phone. I hope DJI is fixing the issue.
2018-10-28
Use props
djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr
lvl.1

United States

Initially I was able to connect my Pixel 3 to the controller without any issue. I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone and it completed successfully. Then I went to update the firmware and after one of the restarts is when the phone started charging on/off repeatedly. Since then I haven't been able to successfully connect the controller again. Even downgrading the firmware didn't work I haven't even gotten a chance to fly for the first time yet. I hope this gets fixed soon...
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback about the compatible device on the Mavic Air. I just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your Google Pixel 3? No worries, I'll forward this feedback to the proper department. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.

2018-10-29
Use props
fans74f1c097
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr Posted at 2018-10-28 23:10
Initially I was able to connect my Pixel 3 to the controller without any issue. I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone and it completed successfully. Then I went to update the firmware and after one of the restarts is when the phone started charging on/off repeatedly. Since then I haven't been able to successfully connect the controller again. Even downgrading the firmware didn't work  I haven't even gotten a chance to fly for the first time yet. I hope this gets fixed soon...

I wonder if we can downgrade the firmware of the controller?
2018-10-29
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans74f1c097 Posted at 2018-10-29 09:08

Before you downgrade try these settings. Have helped in some chases.
Install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone.
2018-10-29
Use props
TPA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-29 09:05
Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback about the compatible device on the Mavic Air. I just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your Google Pixel 3? No worries, I'll forward this feedback to the proper department. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.

This is a common response for an issue that's been around for a while. DJI's approach has been to ignore the issue, as it is still unresolved.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TPA Posted at 2018-10-29 11:14
This is a common response for an issue that's been around for a while. DJI's approach has been to ignore the issue, as it is still unresolved.

I understand your frustration, TPA. I will update you all once I have the answer from our Senior department about this matter. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-29
Use props
fans74f1c097
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-29 09:05
Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback about the compatible device on the Mavic Air. I just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your Google Pixel 3? No worries, I'll forward this feedback to the proper department. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.

I tried different ways to link the phone to the controller. Used a USB A to USB C cable to plug in to the USB A port at the bottom of the controller. Same issue. I tried using a Micro USB to USB C adapter and the micro USB cable for the controller. Same issue.
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr
lvl.1

United States

fans74f1c097 Posted at 10-29 09:08

I tried with the DJI assistant on Mac but with no luck. I also tried to restore to factory defaults but wasn't able to.. kept getting an error.
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-29 09:05
Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback about the compatible device on the Mavic Air. I just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your Google Pixel 3? No worries, I'll forward this feedback to the proper department. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.

The remote to the drone is fine. I used my wife's iPhone 8 to connect successfully. Without the phone the remote still pairs with the drone  Whenever I plug my Pixel 3 into the remote though it will keep keep going from charging to not charging in an endless loop.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr Posted at 11-1 20:31
The remote to the drone is fine. I used my wife's iPhone 8 to connect successfully. Without the phone the remote still pairs with the drone  Whenever I plug my Pixel 3 into the remote though it will keep keep going from charging to not charging in an endless loop.

Hi, thanks for keeping us updated. I believed it's a compatible issue with the Pixel 3. No worries, I already coordinate this matter to our R&D department and still waiting for the response. I'll let you know the answer once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-2 08:12
Hi, thanks for keeping us updated. I believed it's a compatible issue with the Pixel 3. No worries, I already coordinate this matter to our R&D department and still waiting for the response. I'll let you know the answer once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you. Hope to hear back soon
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_oTR9lod8jcEr Posted at 11-3 09:43
Thank you. Hope to hear back soon

Hi there. Our engineering team will need to test the Google Pixel 3 first. I will let you know the update soon. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-11-3
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

It's really frustrating now be able to fly with my Pixel 3...
2018-11-3
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

I believe this is going to need a firmware update for the controller since it only happens with the Mavic Air. The app works fine for people with the other Mavic drones and Pixel 3/3XL phones.
2018-11-3
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

kgeissler Posted at 11-3 13:37
I believe this is going to need a firmware update for the controller since it only happens with the Mavic Air. The app works fine for people with the other Mavic drones and Pixel 3/3XL phones.

that's terrible. it also sounds like an easy fix so i don't know why DJI hasn't released an update.
2018-11-3
Use props
Cheshire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft

Canada

Im also having the exact problem with my new mavic 2 zoom using a lg g6. Very quickly in and out of power (usb connection) but it worked once and i have no idea why.I spent HOURS trying everything and researching anything i could read about. Now im stuck using an older s5 junker to fly a $1800cdn aircraft.
2018-11-4
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-3 10:36
Hi there. Our engineering team will need to test the Google Pixel 3 first. I will let you know the update soon. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Natalia. When can we expect a response on this? Will it take much longer?
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kmohib Posted at 11-6 10:02
Hi Natalia. When can we expect a response on this? Will it take much longer?

Hi, I'm still waiting for their response. However, we don't have estimated time frame for this. Don't worry, I'll let you know once I get the update from our engineering. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-6
Use props
adawalli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 343465 ft
United States

Wow, this is definitely disappointing. I was forced to replace my Galaxy S8 and was very surprised to find out my Mavic Air is useless right now.
2018-11-6
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148681 ft
United States

I hope this gets resolved. I hate using my busted OG XL instead of this new 3xl
2018-11-8
Use props
fansd40a5e99
lvl.1
United States

Same here!!! Please help!!!!!!! My Mavic Air now is garbage!!!! I want to fly!!!
2018-11-11
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-6 10:24
Hi, I'm still waiting for their response. However, we don't have estimated time frame for this. Don't worry, I'll let you know once I get the update from our engineering. Thanks for your understanding.

Has there been any progress made?
2018-11-12
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
United States

the Android app got updated and I thought it'd fix the compatibility issue with the Pixel 3. But no...still doesn't work.
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello everyone. As I got the result, our engineering team will add the Google Pixel 3 as a compatible device on the next app version. Thanks for all your support and understanding.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

13Prost37 Posted at 11-12 16:22
Has there been any progress made?

Hi there. We will add it to the next app version. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-13
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-13 09:00
Hello everyone. As I got the result, our engineering team will add Google Pixel 3 as compatible device on the next app version. Thanks for all your support and understanding.

This is great news! Thanks a lot for your support. I appreciate it.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kmohib Posted at 11-13 09:10
This is great news! Thanks a lot for your support. I appreciate it.

You're most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have further question. We're happy to help. Have a safe flight always.
2018-11-13
Use props
13Prost37
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-13 09:45
You're most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have further question. We're happy to help. Have a safe flight always.

That's great to hear! I'm assuming the 3XL will also be compatible? I hope it's not too much longer of a wait
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

13Prost37 Posted at 11-13 11:15
That's great to hear! I'm assuming the 3XL will also be compatible? I hope it's not too much longer of a wait

Hi there. Yes, we will add the Google Pixel 3XL too soon. Please stay tuned for the next update.
2018-11-13
Use props
fansd6abb9e5
New
Flight distance : 15066 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-13 12:25
Hi there. Yes, we will add the Google Pixel 3XL too soon. Please stay tuned for the next update.

When is the next update going to take place?
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd6abb9e5 Posted at 11-13 13:49
When is the next update going to take place?

As of the moment, we don't have the exact date on when we will release the next app version. Please stay tuned.
2018-11-13
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Something to try, and this is just a shot in the dark.....

The mavic controller has 2 USB ports - usb 2.0 on the bottom, micro usb upper left..  Connect your phone via the usb 2.0 port on the  bottom and  plug the upper micro usb port into a charger...... and see if the connection loop stops.  A small battery backup as the charger might work.

Report back on the results....
2018-11-13
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-13 16:42
Something to try, and this is just a shot in the dark.....

The mavic controller has 2 USB ports - usb 2.0 on the bottom, micro usb upper left..  Connect your phone via the usb 2.0 port on the  bottom and  plug the upper micro usb port into a charger...... and see if the connection loop stops.  A small battery backup as the charger might work.

Damn! You are a genius! How come I didn't think of this? It worked!! I can actually make my Pixel 3 work this way

You don't even need to keep the charger connected to the Micro-USB port. Once the controller is synced with the phone, You can unplug the charger and it still stays connected.

Now to test it in the field will be a different thing all together. But this is an amazing patch fix.

Thanks White Ox. You should work for DJI lol.
2018-11-13
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

I was hoping it would work - I have a similar scenario happening with my Nexus 7 2013 and a Spark Controller - once it's down to 50% battery on the RC, it starts the connect/disconnect loop.  I got past it  a little bit differently as a spark controller only has one usb port, but the principle is still the same.

Here's my hunch... we all know that with android devices, the host TRIES to charge the slave, the controller is the  Host, the Slave is the tablet / phone.   And as we all know, the RC tries to charge the Phone / Tablet.  This isn't the scenario with the IOS devices, I don't believe.  I'm guessing that these upper end devices have some sort of FAST charge enabled and they are drawing too much juice through the USB port, and for whatever reason, whether it be the controller's own voltage is dipping, or it's a current flow overload to the usb port, the controller disconnects from it.

DJI NEEDS TO FIX THIS.  I just tested my remote, and the usb port is NOT connected diretly to  the battery when the RC is off, so there is some sort of circuitry  disabling power flow to it, and thus, maybe they can reduce the  voltage so low that it can't charge, but the phone/tablet can still tell it's connected to the host.....DJI, are you listening?  This simple issue of charging the slave device is LIKELY why so many devices are deemed "non-compatible".... which is a complete and utter shame.

I'll have to try your method of powering the usb port only long enough to get a solid connection, then removing the external power source and see if it works for the spark controller that way.  The down side of that method is, IF for whatever reason you loose connection during flight, you'll need to re-apply the external power source to regain connection, or you'll be stuck in the connect/disconnect loop all over again.

Next question..... Kmohib, when your Pixel 3 was doing it's connect/disconnect loop, was your RC 100% charged, or was it partially discharged?
2018-11-13
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-13 21:28
I was hoping it would work - I have a similar scenario happening with my Nexus 7 2013 and a Spark Controller - once it's down to 50% battery on the RC, it starts the connect/disconnect loop.  I got past it  a little bit differently as a spark controller only has one usb port, but the principle is still the same.

Here's my hunch... we all know that with android devices, the host TRIES to charge the slave, the controller is the  Host, the Slave is the tablet / phone.   And as we all know, the RC tries to charge the Phone / Tablet.  This isn't the scenario with the IOS devices, I don't believe.  I'm guessing that these upper end devices have some sort of FAST charge enabled and they are drawing too much juice through the USB port, and for whatever reason, whether it be the controller's own voltage is dipping, or it's a current flow overload to the usb port, the controller disconnects from it.

I hear ya. Must be the over current protection kicking in. Most chargers have it. So I bet the controllers have it too. Never had an issue with iOS devices. Android support needs to improved.
2018-11-13
Use props
sjcdal
lvl.1

United States

Kmohib Posted at 11-13 21:00
Damn! You are a genius! How come I didn't think of this? It worked!! I can actually make my Pixel 3 work this way

You don't even need to keep the charger connected to the Micro-USB port. Once the controller is synced with the phone, You can unplug the charger and it still stays connected.

Another Pixel3 XL owner with same issue on my Mavic Air.    And this workaround also worked for me.   Thanks!

Now DJI needs to get this resolved....why would DJI put the operating system that powers 2/3 of all phones so far behind support for iOS?
2018-11-15
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

You two fellas that have gotten it to connect with a charger/power supply connected to the charger's 2nd usb port, can you tell me what your Pixel 3's charge level was when it would NOT connect?  And 2ndly, if you charge your Pixel 3 to 100%, will it then connect WITHOUT needing  to apply power to that 2nd port on the remote?
2018-11-15
Use props
Kmohib
lvl.2
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-15 09:23
You two fellas that have gotten it to connect with a charger/power supply connected to the charger's 2nd usb port, can you tell me what your Pixel 3's charge level was when it would NOT connect?  And 2ndly, if you charge your Pixel 3 to 100%, will it then connect WITHOUT needing  to apply power to that 2nd port on the remote?

So, my Pixel 3 was around 40% battery level and it wouldn't connect. When I did it the way you asked me to, it worked fine.

I will have to charge my phone to 100% and then check if it does the same thing.

Also, my controller was at 100% battery level when I did this.

There is something funny though. Even if my phone pairs with the controller, it continues to indicate that my phone is charging via the controller. My iPhone never did that. It would briefly indicate as charging and once the connection was established the charging icon would go away.

Now I'm thinking if doing it the way you suggested will drain the controller rather quickly. I may need a battery back up make sure the battery doesn't drain.
2018-11-15
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

Kmohib Posted at 11-15 11:44
So, my Pixel 3 was around 40% battery level and it wouldn't connect. When I did it the way you asked me to, it worked fine.

I will have to charge my phone to 100% and then check if it does the same thing.

Unfortunately, the OTG function of Android dictates one be a host, and one a slave - the Host, by default, does the charging... and the slave, by default, is the one getting charged.

The best way to think about this is to think about adding a USB keyboard or mouse to your phone - the keyboard / mouse has to get it's power from somewhere to function - that somewhere is the Host device - which is your controller in the RC/Phone Scenario.  This is just the way it is, and yes, your tablet will in fact pull some charge away from your controller while connected.  If you charge your phone to 100%, it shouldn't pull much very fast.

I'm considering making some "inline" adapters that will will seriously limit the amount of current that will be available to charge the slave device (phone) and sell them for what I have in them (parts/time) + actual shipping.  This would keep me from having to have many different lengths of cables and ends (Micro / Type C / Straight / 90 degree) to make everyone happy, because everyone always wants something specific.
2018-11-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules