How do you guys carry around your Ronin S
10223 9 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibro
lvl.2

Turkey

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a Ronin S, and I dont know how I can carry it around, especially when traveling. How do you guys travel with your Ronin? I would like to use a backpack, which should carry a mirrorless body with a prime lens attached and couple more primes alongside with the Ronin-S.
I really like the Thinktank Perception Pro, but that does not seem a good option for Ronin-S. Has anyone used this backpack with Ronin?
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ibro, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, the Ronin-S comes with the carrying case, we recommend to carry it around with its carrying case. GTScreenshot_20181029_141255.png
2018-10-28
Use props
ibro
lvl.2

Turkey

Thank you for the reply Mindy. I'm aware of the carrying case, but it is bit bulky, I generally have to pack light, therefore I need another solution for this.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ibro Posted at 2018-10-29 00:52
Thank you for the reply Mindy. I'm aware of the carrying case, but it is bit bulky, I generally have to pack light, therefore I need another solution for this.

We do not have other cases can be recommended officially, hope other users could give you some advice.
2018-10-29
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I have a Tenba Solstice 24l where the Ronin -S fits in the front pocket. I then have room for my 5D mk IV with EF300mm f2.8 is, EF24-70mm f4.0 is and Sigma art 20mm f1.4. My tripod fits in one of the side pockets, leaving one side pocket for a water bottle. My Mavic pro fits in the top compartment with CS 5.5 mountet to the controller. 3 extra batteries and various small items fits too. The front compartment is not very well padded, but some common sense and there should not be any issues.
2018-10-29
Use props
ibro
lvl.2

Turkey

Wow! That's a lot of gear you carry with your backpack. Thanks for the reply! The Solstice looks like a great backpack, but unfortunately the only Tenba bags I can find are the messenger bags where I live.
2018-10-29
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

ibro Posted at 2018-10-29 02:25
Wow! That's a lot of gear you carry with your backpack. Thanks for the reply! The Solstice looks like a great backpack, but unfortunately the only Tenba bags I can find are the messenger bags where I live.

I got mine from ebay as they are unavaliable where i live as well.
2018-10-29
Use props
dbthump
lvl.1
United States

2018-10-29
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft
United States

I'm not saying you can't and I'm not saying you shouldn't travel with the Ronin-S but this thing is heavy and awkward. There's no real good way to lock the motors, they swing freely when turned off, sure there's velcro but it's a rather pedestrian solution for an all-metal pro gimbal.

I have this thing in a padded pelican case, not to mention when it's all kitted out and setup, the Ronin-S looks like a piece of alien technology. There's no real way to not draw attention to yourself when operating in public. If it was a paid travel video, or I was collecting b-roll to use professionally, I would consider solutions and make due with inconveniencies and take the Ronin-S+ bigger camera. However, if this is for personal use, there are lighter more " travel-friendly" options, even smaller camera + gimbal setups that fit into smaller bags.

This thing is just a beast, like I said, in theory, it's a single-handed gimbal "perfect" for travel. In practice, it's a heavy pro gimbal meant for set use or dedicated operator situations with burst style usage. I couldn't imagine carrying this thing around and using it all day, unless, as I said, it was for paid work.

If it works for you, more power to you, hopefully, you find what you're looking for.
2018-10-29
Use props
TheEnDiman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43392 ft
Hong Kong

I just disconnect the battery and put it in upper part of manfrotto befree backpack, along with A7rii+16-35/2.8,55/1.8,70-200/4 and befree tripod
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules