Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom)... product without a market?
1000 11 2018-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

This drone isn’t marketed at the hobbyist, it’s marketed to the commercial or public safety realm. $2,000 is super cheap for that market, but it really doesn’t make much sense for either one of those targets. The commercial market is mainly using drones for mapping and these accessories don’t add to that capability, and public safety agencies have the funds to spend $12,000+ for far more capable search and rescue functions.

Can you think of a commercial or even hobbyist use for the included accessories? Oh sure, the blinky light would help aid in legal night flight in some jurisdictions, but night flights are pretty rare and 3rd party offerings can be had for $30.

Do you think Dji just slapped some cheap accessories onto the very low-selling Mavic 2 Zoom in an effort to liquidate product?

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but just think what future accessories they'll offer!" remember that Dji rarely ever (and I want to say "never") follows up on products/features if they don't ship right when the product is released. What they do is hold onto them and then release another version that you have to pay for an all-new model of the drone to get.
2018-10-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Compared to a Matrice 200 series this is exceptional value for that level of commercial operations. Agreed, this is not a hobbyist drone. This is designed for finding people rather than photographing them
2018-10-29
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What? Very low selling???
I think you are greatly mistaken here!!!
Mavic 2 pro and the zoom are selling like hot Cakes!!!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

The advantage of a cheaper, small but still capable drone is that you can buy a few for a small amount of money and you can equip more people with a drone. So you can spread a bigger area at the same time, which is good if you are searching for someone.
2018-10-29
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-29 10:40
What? Very low selling???
I think you are greatly mistaken here!!!
Mavic 2 pro and the zoom are selling like hot Cakes!!!

Re-read what I said, I did not mention the Pro model. You can be sure, the Mavic 2 ZOOM is not selling nearly as well as the Pro model, just look at the number of Zoom posts and Youtube reviews in comparison to the Pro model.
2018-10-29
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-10-29 11:26
The advantage of a cheaper, small but still capable drone is that you can buy a few for a small amount of money and you can equip more people with a drone. So you can spread a bigger area at the same time, which is good if you are searching for someone.

For less than $12,000 you can have a FLIR capable drone and all of the accessories. I'd put FLIR up against 6 M2 Zoom's any day (or night) when performing search and rescue tasks. Plus, you don't want six drones flying in close proximity in high-stress (rescue) operations.
2018-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t get AT follow me quickshots etc with these , so not really for hobbyists.
I imagine SAR fire departments .
I think what we might see is companies developing apps for use with these drones, we may even see third party hardware that will work with this drone.
Regarding developing a product, yes hardware has remained the same on most drones dji have produced, a lot of that has to do with new technology and dji have not been shy in developing new tech, so maybe we will see other drones like P5 enterprise.
I have done some work with this SAR group, being able to search areas in the dark or bad light would be invaluable to SAR groups like these.

2018-10-29
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not all public agencies have the budget for $12,000 plus drones.   Don't forget about smaller towns, volunteer fire departments, etc.   
2018-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I do think there might be a market for this.
But I get your point.
2018-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

We'll see if D J I will some of them.
2018-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry for my strange post, I was getting a hit on the word 's e l l '
Apparently I can't write that.  
2018-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

( I don't think we will see it here, but maybe we read about it )
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules