Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Greetings,

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

There is a smaller airport at the Toronto Island with no mention in the no-fly zone.

Is this right?

Thanks.

CanDrones.Ca

Toronto Island

Toronto Island
2015-6-2
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

That is a good question, you would think it would be a no fly zone! I wouldn't recommend bringing your phantom on the ferry to Centre Island!! Happy flying!!
2015-6-2
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

Accordingly to Transport Canada, that is not a safe fly zone.
accordingly to common sense, same thing.

The doubt is how far... There is a very nice Park over the water, to the right, that I would like to flight over

North of the city there are more local airports. I wonder if they are locked out and if not, why not.

2015-6-2
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

Paniza Posted at 2015-6-3 06:12
Accordingly to Transport Canada, that is not a safe fly zone.
accordingly to common sense, same thin ...

I live eight kilometres from Pearson airport which is Canada's busiest airport and I fly in the parks near me with no problems in regards to no fly zones. Centre island airport isn't as busy obviously but I think the parklands there are still too close to the airport. Too bad because you could get some nice shots there.
2015-6-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thanks for the link.
I checked my city and general vicinity-area and am very excitedly happy to report, that my whole city is a free flight zone,
now that our city centre airport closed, and the nearest one is like around twenty miles out side..

What a great place to live.

Now, Come on Phantom 3, get here to me...

Hi s_nyky... How are you tonight? Hope the weather is behaving and you are logging on plenty of them flight kilometers... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-6-2
Use props
Glockdude
New

Canada

Humm interesting.  I know the airport very well and it is indeed busy for its size.  I guess we can go fly the P3 there just off the shore at say pattern altitude which the P3 can climb too.  See its up to me to say wait I cant because I will intrude with the departing and landing aircraft.  Guess the bells and whistles don't work so well here and its common sense that will dictate whether I do or don't.  
2015-6-2
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

DJI's information is incomplete.  For a complete listing of no fly zones, check here . . . . Canadian Airspace Viewer

Also, if you haven't purchased your Phantom yet, or are looking for accessories, this thread could save you a lot of money . . . http://forum.dji.com/thread-19852-1-1.html
2015-6-11
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

Hi Rob,

Thanks a bunch for the info.

Now I just have to try to understand that viewer.

Cheers.
2015-6-12
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Paniza Posted at 2015-6-13 07:21
Hi Rob,

Lol same ;)
2015-6-12
Use props
nosarafern.aol
New

Costa Rica

i have a place two blocks from that airport (Billy Bishop).  It's not a little airport! quite busy with Porter flying their Q-400s all day and night long.  My wife is a pilot and flies out of there.  I showed her the DJI map that doesn't designate that as a 'no fly' zone and she just rolled her eyes.  
2015-6-19
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Paniza Posted at 2015-6-13 07:21
Hi Rob,

OK, here again is the link to the Canadian Airspace Viewer

Zoom in on the area that interests you, then uncheck all the check boxes on the left.  Then check them and uncheck them one at a time and you will see the different categories.

Here is an example of the no fly zones over Victoria BC jails.  Apparently, you're not allowed to deliver pizza (or drugs) with your Phantom
Victoria BC jails.JPG
2015-6-19
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Hey I notified transport Canada and DJI about that, and they are aware of the situation, my captain pilot even seen a drone while flying to Pearson he said it looked like a phantom, probably not p3... I'm a pilot too I fly for fedex and I'm wondering why it's not on the map, but dji will probably update it.
2015-6-19
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

Good job guys and thanks for the help!

2015-6-19
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Most of Toronto is restricted airspace . . .
Toronto no fly zones.JPG
2015-7-5
Use props
eldonwong
lvl.1

Canada

I still don't understand how to use the tool...  Or maybe I am in denial.  Which checkboxes do we need to check in order to determine which areas we CANNOT fly?  
2015-8-10
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

eldonwong@gmail Posted at 2015-8-10 03:07
I still don't understand how to use the tool...  Or maybe I am in denial.  Which checkboxes do we ne ...

I just ave up on it... I use the above picture from Rob.
2016-1-31
Use props
1sang
lvl.2

Canada

Hello,

Just ordered my first drone.
Quick newbie question.

Does no fly zone mean absolutely no flying what so ever? or no flying above certain altitude??
2016-11-4
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

1sang Posted at 2016-11-4 16:26
Hello,

Just ordered my first drone.

Hello,

It means no fly at all unless you have specific permission.

More information here:
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/flying-drone-safely-legally.html
2016-11-4
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

the most concise nfz site search for canada (gov't) that i have found is this one https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/s ... selection_tool.html
2017-9-15
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

wglovett Posted at 2017-9-15 12:59
the most concise nfz site search for canada (gov't) that i have found is this one https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/solutions/collaborative/civuas/uav_site_selection_tool.html

Things have changed a bit since the first post.

Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules