lvl.2
Flight distance : 289902 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi T3Airops. Thank you for your support and for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Rest assured I will be forwarding this thread to the DJI R&D Team for further development of the product.
2018-10-29
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

What do you like to add?
2018-10-29
Use props
T3Airops
lvl.2
United States

Please consider adding a compass vector heading (number of degrees relative to magnetic North).  My personal opinion is it would best be located immediately above the 'radar' compass display or 'next door' in telemetry.

This is crucial data...

Thanks again!

JP
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

T3Airops Posted at 2018-10-29 09:21
Please consider adding a compass vector heading (number of degrees relative to magnetic North).  My personal opinion is it would best be located immediately above the 'radar' compass display or 'next door' in telemetry.

This is crucial data...

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Your suggestion is already forwarded by DJI  Stephen, we will let you know if we already have the feedback from our engineers. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-31
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I would also love to see the aircraft heading during my flights. This is vital info for any aircraft. An option to set true north / magnetic north display would also fit this very well.
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

T3Airops Posted at 10-29 09:21

This is crucial data...

they will never do it because we will then know definitively that there are compass and yaw issues...
its already more than evident .. take any of your logs and put them into csvview and look at how yaw and magyaw disagree and begin to diverge on almost every flight.. provided you aircraft exhibits this behaviour.. I am sure there are some that are fine...

I would love to see a colored indicator letting us know how close we are getting to an IMU reboot/atti mode as yaw magyaw approach the limits so we can at least be ready for the atti before it happens... although these values tend to spike when atti happens so perhaps not much of a help.

my mavic pro still has sideways drift going in straight lines and routinely lands about 10deg nose right from its takeoff heading on anything other than a 1 minute flight..

multiple IMU / compass cals have yet to fix it.. my IMU biases off the last cal are some of the best I have had.. .001 and occasional .000 ... compass interference bar is not even visible.. looks like good calibrations and the remote has be re-calibrated several times too

anyone see if the latest iOS app release the other day fix drift... provided its remote based issue.. ?  I still think that the yaw and drift is firmware post .04.xxxx  the mavic pro flew solid for me on .03.700 I believe it was before I updated..
2018-11-7
Use props
T3Airops
lvl.2
United States

It's just not that complicated -

All I'm asking is to display a number to reflect the direction the little red arrow in the radar window is pointing.

let's leave it at that, please

JP
2018-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules