Not counting crash... How many flight hours before replacing blades?
563 3 2018-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly74
lvl.2

United States

Will the propellors begin to thin or become mishaped after set number of flights?  Currious of the maitenance and stock-up on propellors.  Thinking I could be come a bit of a hoarder and start stockpiling parts for the original Mavic Pro.
2018-10-29
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i think dji says change props after 200 flights - other users will provide the exact number. No need to stock pile too much. 1 spare set is essential - 2 spare sets is nice to have - 3 spare sets should keep you going for quite a while.

I keep a spare set with me but usually if you bashed your blades then it is because of crash that will probably end your days flying anyway (gimbal is the other first thing to get damaged which means no more flying till fixed) a spare set in case that all you need to replace and consider yourself extremely lucky thats all that broke.
soon enough or at least after your first crash you will realise that you must learn to fly in such a way that crashing is simply not an option because when you do you will be lucky if only your props get broken.
i used some props way beyond dji recomendation and remained happy with performance and close inspection revealed no strength or thinning issues. Eventually when i did change the props i cut the old ones (all 4) shorter by 25%.
Then i flew with a friend who also has a mavic and we could not notice any differance between his new props and my purposefully cut up ones.

2018-10-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, DJI recommend replacing props after every 200 flights (unless damaged in a crash).
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Fly74. Thank you for the inquiry. We do not have a specific timetable in replacing the drone's propellers. It is best to regularly check the propellers of your drone for cracks and damages for a safe flight. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules