OTG for spark IOS
8593 19 2018-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans69a48966
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does the DJI Spark officially support OTG

If not would u guys still recommend it for clearer footage as I’m still on fcc mode
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, Spark is now officially support OTG.  It is now compatible to use an OTG cable to connect the Spark remote controller with an Android mobile device only. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Used it with an iPhone in airplane mode just today. OTG: Don't fly without it.
2018-10-29
Use props
Steve C.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-29 14:59
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, Spark is now officially support OTG.  It is now compatible to use an OTG cable to connect the Spark remote controller with an Android mobile device only. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

I've not been able to get OTG to work, does it require something be done to turn it on?  All it does is charge the remote's battery from my phone and I don't really want that so maybe I don't want OTG unless there is some way to turn off the charging.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Steve C. Posted at 2018-10-29 22:10
I've not been able to get OTG to work, does it require something be done to turn it on?  All it does is charge the remote's battery from my phone and I don't really want that so maybe I don't want OTG unless there is some way to turn off the charging.

Hi Steve, our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device, android/ ios version, firmware version and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?  You can try to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue.  Thanks for your support.
2018-10-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m using OTG on iOS with no issues at all!
The only thing, that you need to connect to the remote last for it to recognize the OTG.
Power up remote and drone, wait for green light on remote, connect OTG to device first, then connect to remote!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-30
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Oh!

When your iPhone first sees the remote on the cable, it says "Device not supported." Just click it away. iOS doesn't know what a DJI Remote is, so it doesn't know to show pictures, browse files or play videos... GO 4 knows.
2018-10-30
Use props
Steve C.
lvl.1

United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-30 12:19
I’m using OTG on iOS with no issues at all!
The only thing, that you need to connect to the remote last for it to recognize the OTG.
Power up remote and drone, wait for green light on remote, connect OTG to device first, then connect to remote!

Alex I did that in that order and nothing happened except it started charging the remote.  I can plug a memory stick into the OTG cable and the phone reads it so I know that works.  Also why do I have to pair the remote with the drone every time?   I couldn't get it to pair at first so this is a real nuisance.
2018-10-31
Use props
Steve C.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-30 07:31
Hi Steve, our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device, android/ ios version, firmware version and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?  You can try to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue.  Thanks for your support.

DJI Paladin, The phone is a Moto G with Android 7.0.  Drone and remote and app are all latest versions  ver. 01.00 .1000, 01.00.600 and 4.3.2.  I can plug a memory stick into OTG and read it so I know that works but when connected to the remote nothing happens except it starts charging the remote from the phone, which I don't want it to do!
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Steve C. Posted at 2018-10-31 13:34
Alex I did that in that order and nothing happened except it started charging the remote.  I can plug a memory stick into the OTG cable and the phone reads it so I know that works.  Also why do I have to pair the remote with the drone every time?   I couldn't get it to pair at first so this is a real nuisance.

Yes, you did it the right way! What you need to do now, is to just change the cable around and it will work.
If it charges the remote, then it just means that the cable is the wrong way around.
Also just press cancel when you get the prompt that the device is not supported, it is supported

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Hmm, wait a sec. That happened on Android, the cable wrong way around. There is no wrong way on ios.
Then I think it must be in the options to change the settings, that it doesn’t charge the remote.
Look it up, it can be fixed.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

What’s your device and os version?

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-30 12:19
I’m using OTG on iOS with no issues at all!
The only thing, that you need to connect to the remote last for it to recognize the OTG.
Power up remote and drone, wait for green light on remote, connect OTG to device first, then connect to remote!

Alex, I have not used OTG Cable yet because I have seen folks here discussing its issues, but since you have been using it with no problems, can you tell me what is the furthest distance it allowed you to fly?
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Hani Posted at 2018-10-31 15:55
Alex, I have not used OTG Cable yet because I have seen folks here discussing its issues, but since you have been using it with no problems, can you tell me what is the furthest distance it allowed you to fly?

3040 meters one way

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's awesome,
Thanks for sharing the video
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Hani Posted at 10-31 17:23
That's awesome,  
Thanks for sharing the video

Thanks!
And you are welcome! ;)))
Use the OTG cable, I get much better signal than on WiFi!

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-1
Use props
Steve C.
lvl.1

United States

Alex B. Posted at 10-31 13:55
Yes, you did it the right way! What you need to do now, is to just change the cable around and it will work.
If it charges the remote, then it just means that the cable is the wrong way around.
Also just press cancel when you get the prompt that the device is not supported, it is supported

Reversing the cable obviously will not work.  The only way I could get this to work was to buy one of those little micro USB to micro USB cables that are sold for this purpose then it works without charging the battery.
2018-11-1
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Steve C. Posted at 11-1 18:22
Reversing the cable obviously will not work.  The only way I could get this to work was to buy one of those little micro USB to micro USB cables that are sold for this purpose then it works without charging the battery.

Hmm that’s quiete strange that it didn’t work without the adapter.
Reversing the cable around does work but on android, I have tried it myself
Well I’m glad that you got it to work in the end!;)))

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Steve C. Posted at 11-1 18:22
Reversing the cable obviously will not work.  The only way I could get this to work was to buy one of those little micro USB to micro USB cables that are sold for this purpose then it works without charging the battery.

I have iPhone 6 and OTG cable and just tried it, and it work well.

Maybe you did not have the right cable.  this is the one I got:

Transfer Data Cable Compatible with iPhone Connecting for DJI Spark Drone Remote Controller -Use for iPhone

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since I almost lost my Spark last time because the wifi disconnected on the phone and I had no more feedback from the app, I will from now on only use OTG.
2018-12-19
Use props
fanscbf61dfa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using OTG cable with iPhone7 now for over a year. The only issue I have had was getting the phone to recognise device when I was not powering and connecting in the right sequence.

I have never experienced any problem when flying and I don’t put my phone into airplane mode.

Does DGI recommend this method of flying and is is supported or going to be supported anytime soon?

Should I fly in airplane mode to remove any possibility of interference? I have not experienced any issue, but have I just been lucky? think I keep  Wifi on as a fallback.

Interested to know what is the recommenced approach.

2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules