Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Maximum distance" in Pilot app?
12702 17 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
playab0yyy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22969 ft
United States

In the Pilot app, under "MC Settings", can anyone explain what the option for "Maximum distance" means exactly?
2015-6-2
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I hope someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's the max distance between you and the bird
2015-6-2
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-6-2 22:08
I hope someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's the max distance between you and the bird

Ok, but that still leaves me wondering. It comes default off. What happens if I turn it on? And what exactly is it doing (or not doing) by being off?
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

playab0yyy Posted at 2015-6-2 22:19
Ok, but that still leaves me wondering. It comes default off. What happens if I turn it on? And wh ...

This Max Distance setting is a user selectable safety setting.  It allows you to set a hard limit as to how far the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 quad can fly from the home point. If you turn this option On, you can then set a distance between 15 and 500 meters. If you fly this distance away from the home point, you will get a warning message on the screen "Maximum distance reached".  You will not be allowed to fly further away from the home point than the maximum distance you specify.  (Much like the Beginner Mode option limits you to a maximum distance of 30 meters distance from the home point.)  You can try this feature on the Flight Simulator to see exactly how it works.

If you leave the Maximum Distance option turned OFF, it means you can fly as far away from the home point as you dare or until you lose connection with the RC, in which case a Return-to-Home will be triggered.
2015-6-2
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 02:25
This Max Distance setting is a user selectable safety setting.  It allows you to set a hard limit a ...

Ok, but if I turn it on, where do I select the max distance I'd like to choose? It seems there's just an on/off switch, and I've tried turning it, but there's no addition pop-up or screen that lets me select the max distance.
2015-6-2
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

There should be, when I turn mine on the setting then appears righ below the on and off switch and it works like that for me on all versions of the android and iOS pilot app..  I would try a different device
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
  • >>>
United States

playab0yyy Posted at 2015-6-3 02:58
Ok, but if I turn it on, where do I select the max distance I'd like to choose? It seems there's j ...

I don't have access to my quads right not, so I can't confirm this, but I believe you have to be connected to your Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 before the distance input box appears.  I think the app records and keeps separate values for each aircraft you own.  There are several other settings that do this as well.
2015-6-2
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 04:47
I don't have access to my quads right not, so I can't confirm this, but I believe you have to be c ...

Same here. I'm trying without being connected to the P3. I'll try again when I can connect to it to see if the additional distance option pops up. I switch between an iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2. Will settings I choose on one carry over to the other, or are they stored locally on each device?
2015-6-2
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

playab0yyy Posted at 2015-6-3 05:03
Same here. I'm trying without being connected to the P3. I'll try again when I can connect to it t ...

Settings in the DJI app, I'm referring to.
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
  • >>>
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 04:47
I don't have access to my quads right not, so I can't confirm this, but I believe you have to be c ...

I can now confirm that when the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 is linked to the RC and you turn on the "Maximum Distance" option in the DJI Pilot app on an Apple iPad or iPhone, an input box pops up on the screen prompting you to enter a distance number between 15 and 500 meters.  This input in the IOS app version of the DJI Pilot app is in meters (as is the Return to Home height setting) regardless of whether you have selected Imperial or Metric "Units of Measure" in the DJI App General Settings.
2015-6-2
Use props
playab0yyy
lvl.1
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-6-3 12:32
I can now confirm that when the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 is linked to the RC and you turn on the "Ma ...

Thanks for your help!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
Brandonthedecoy
lvl.1
United States

So has anybody tested it yet with the Distance Limit switched off and lived to tell about it?
0405171730e_HDR-1.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
Brandonthedecoy
lvl.1
United States

Oops.Thought that was gonna be my avatar. Sorry guys
2017-6-27
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Brandonthedecoy Posted at 2017-6-27 18:36
So has anybody tested it yet with the Distance Limit switched off and lived to tell about it?

Only most users.
It's a Max Distance Limit and if you switch off the limit, you can go as far as the radio signal and battery will travel.
2017-6-27
Use props
Brandonthedecoy
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-27 21:00
Only most users.
It's a Max Distance Limit and if you switch off the limit, you can go as far as the radio signal and battery will travel.

Speaking of signals, has anyone discovered any ways to strengthen the signa between the remote and the aircraft itself? Because mine suuuuuucks.

Any suggestions?
2017-6-28
Use props
Brandonthedecoy
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-27 21:00
Only most users.

Speaking of signals, has anyone discovered any ways to strengthen the signa between the remote and the aircraft itself? Because mine suuuuuucks.

Any suggestions?
2017-6-28
Use props
Brandonthedecoy
lvl.1
United States

how to delete a post
2017-6-28
Use props
fans5a1b8756
New

United States

Brandonthedecoy Posted at 2017-6-27 18:36

I have I lost connection over the center of town and i freaked out! no one worry though make sure to turn on return to home, it just flew back.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules