Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Simulator
123Next >
19574 99 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247913 ft
United States

Needs a little work/learning curve but I was able to install and run it on win 7 and with considerable "less" hardware it lists as necessary.

Win 7
2600k (4.5ghz)
8GB ram

Geforce 9800GTX +

And I used my mavic pro controller.

Odd thing, I installed it yesterday for the first time played around a minute using keyboard. Tonight started it and needed a update already?

Not sure I had full use with MP controller but I was able to fly around the city using it, fly "FPV" using the screen on the controller (not googles).

I had the video quality default setting of "high", knock it down a little should see some improvement smooth things out a little bit, wasn't terrible but wasn't right either.

Would I build a computer for it? no and I will about time to update again.... but won't be buying this "game" regardless. Real thing right outside the door.   
2018-10-31
Use props
fans807a5add
New
Flight distance : 1785315 ft
New Zealand

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-30 11:30
Norton Anti-Virus basically did the same thing with mine but I told it to install anyway.  No luck getting it to run though, I'm getting a Windows error when it tries to start........

Im getting  Error 005_001 {000/0100} error.. cant get past the splash screen.. doesnt matter what I do.. 2PC's!
2018-10-31
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

fans807a5add Posted at 10-31 23:02
Im getting  Error 005_001 {000/0100} error.. cant get past the splash screen.. doesnt matter what I do.. 2PC's!

I have no clue on the error you're getting, mine was a bit different related to missing DirextX files.  I did a DirectX re-installation and after that it all works smoothly.........just wish my M2 controller would work now
2018-11-1
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dan B-P4 Posted at 10-31 19:00
Needs a little work/learning curve but I was able to install and run it on win 7 and with considerable "less" hardware it lists as necessary.

Win 7

Excellent, going to download and see if i can get it to work
2018-11-1
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just installed.

Hmm
IMG_20181101_183839.jpg
2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Didn't see this thread yesterday, so posted my experience with the sim on the other thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-171041-1-1.html
To sum it up:
1. G-sync should only be enabled for full screen (not windowed and full) or the launcher/instalelr will freeze-up
2. Installed and runs fine on a Win7, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080, i7-3930K, Mavic Pro controller
3. To get the controller running, install dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe, which is located in the sim root folder
4. Connect and power up the controller and make sure it shows up in the Device Manager list BEFORE starting the launcher

The sim is great for training:
1. ATTI mode for Mavic Pro!
2. Configurable wind conditions
3. Simulation of radio interference
4. Varying environments
5. Challanges

Limitations:

1. Max resolution is 1080p (I have a UHD 4K monitor) so the image is a bit aliased/blocky even on Best quality.
2. Seemingly no way to view in-fligh photos and videos (where is the Gallery?)
3. Unoptimised video code, draining more video card resources, than necessary (under 50fps on my card, whereas Fire Strike benchmark runs over 100fps)

sim2.jpg
2018-11-1
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Originalas Posted at 10-31 05:56
After a couple hours of training  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10E7n2IWLU

Got the Mavic Pro controller working!
After disabling the Windows 10 drivers signature check and reinstalling DJI assistant.
Detailed instructions http://techcat.ca/threads/dji-drone-flight-simulator.233/
2018-11-1
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Originalas Posted at 11-1 12:18
Got the Mavic Pro controller working!
After disabling the Windows 10 drivers signature check and reinstalling DJI assistant.  
Detailed instructions http://techcat.ca/threads/dji-drone-flight-simulator.233/

2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 10-30 11:49
I had to disable Win 10 driver signature requirement the other day to get the driver in Assistant 2 to allow me to calibrate my sensors.........

You are correct, this was exactly what the problem was.  

I've put a video together showing the process to make it work:

2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

Nice touch with streaming of the video from PC to the phone.
I use Win7 and here I simply had to agree to installing an unverified driver.
2018-11-1
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-1 13:02

Great !   Nice video.......
2018-11-1
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-1 13:02

Does your air remote connect to assistant 2 now? After doing this my pro remote will connect to assistant 2 but the air still will not. I get no error in device manager after following your video for the air remote but still wont connect.
2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 11-1 15:07
Does your air remote connect to assistant 2 now? After doing this my pro remote will connect to assistant 2 but the air still will not. I get no error in device manager after following your video for the air remote but still wont connect.

No, actually it doesn't.  The remote never shows up in Assistant 2.  
2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 11-1 15:07

Alright, now that I've had a further look around, there is a far easier way to get the Mavic Air RC working and it is what BumblerBee had posted above.  In the DJI Simulator install folder (default is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator) there is a file named "dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe".  You can simply run this executable and it will install the device drivers for the RC without having to go through the hassle I had outlined in my video I posted above.  DJI Assistant 2 isn't required if you do this.  However, if you do use this option, then DJI Assistant 2 does work with the Mavic Air RC!

I had read BumblerBee's post previously, but I guess I didn't digest it at the time.  Now that I try it, it works well for the Mavic Air RC in both Assistant 2 as well as the Simulator!
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rolling56 Posted at 10-31 04:17
Does that mean the Mavic Pro original RC will work in the future?

We have verified with our engineers that the Flight Simulator will not support Mavic Pro because of the hardware limitation. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 10-31 05:08
Thank you very much MIndy, a re-installation of DirextX did the trick, I got the trial version installed last night and the Simulator looks really good.........

Glad to hear that, have a great time with it.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lorenzos Posted at 10-31 05:20
It will be compatible in the future?

I'm afraid not, please check my post in 55#.
2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

KlooGee Posted at 11-1 20:06
Alright, now that I've had a further look around, there is a far easier way to get the Mavic Air RC working and it is what BumblerBee had posted above.  In the DJI Simulator install folder (default is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator) there is a file named "dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe".  You can simply run this executable and it will install the device drivers for the RC without having to go through the hassle I had outlined in my video I posted above.  DJI Assistant 2 isn't required if you do this.  However, if you do use this option, then DJI Assistant 2 does work with the Mavic Air RC!

I had read BumblerBee's post previously, but I guess I didn't digest it at the time.  Now that I try it, it works well for the Mavic Air RC in both Assistant 2 as well as the Simulator!

Glad this little find helped
2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-1 20:34
We have verified with our engineers that the Flight Simulator will not support Mavic Pro because of the hardware limitation. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi, Mindy!
Do you mean it will not work besides that sticks and the gimbal dial that we have working?

Did people get MA's or M2P's controllers to work in full?
2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 11-1 22:56
Glad this little find helped

Thanks for sharing!  That option is way easier than the way I had outlined in the video!  
2018-11-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-2 05:12
Thanks for sharing!  That option is way easier than the way I had outlined in the video!

The Mavic Air's remote seems to work well.  I can easily navigate the interface with the remote and can fly well with it.  

The Mavic 2 controller still does not work for me in the simulator.
2018-11-2
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

KlooGee Posted at 11-2 05:13
The Mavic Air's remote seems to work well.  I can easily navigate the interface with the remote and can fly well with it.  

Do the MA controller's buttons work as well?
https://sim.djicdn.com/Doc/manual/manual_en.pdf
2018-11-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 11-2 09:44
Do the MA controller's buttons work as well?
https://sim.djicdn.com/Doc/manual/manual_en.pdf

Yes, every button, switch, wheel, and stick on the Air's controller does something inside of the simulator.

2018-11-2
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

Good to know. Buying a separate controller for the sim might be the way to go. However, I'd wait to see if they fix the M2P controller support by the time I buy M2P in the spring.
2018-11-2
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-1 20:34

Will that be permanent or should we expect that it can be fixed in the future?
2018-11-2
Use props
\\\\LEEKER
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Wow what a load of rubbish.
- Everytime I start it it actually starts twice so I have the app running in two sessions simultaneously.
- Controller (M2) drivers are installed onto the machine but the simulator [hahaha] doesn't even see it even though it's in the controller selection list.
- Why the HECK do we have to use the W/S keys to navigate around the menus???  Some OG Gamer designed that I'm guessing and thinks he's still driving "need for speed 1"

W7 PC
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 11-2 05:13

Hi KlooGee, support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon. Please note the future update, thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VisionMPP Posted at 11-2 11:52
Will that be permanent or should we expect that it can be fixed in the future?

Hi VisionMPP, what we got from our engineers is that the RC of Mavic Pro and Spark doesn't compatible with Flight Simulator because of the hardware issue, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BumblerBee Posted at 11-1 22:57
Hi, Mindy!
Do you mean it will not work besides that sticks and the gimbal dial that we have working?

Hi BumblerBee, Flight Simulator doesn't support the RC of Mavic Pro and Spark because of the hardware issue, Mavic air RC is available, support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon, thanks for your attention.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

\\\\LEEKER Posted at 11-2 23:04
Wow what a load of rubbish.
- Everytime I start it it actually starts twice so I have the app running in two sessions simultaneously.
- Controller (M2) drivers are installed onto the machine but the simulator [hahaha] doesn't even see it even though it's in the controller selection list.

Hi \\\\LEEKER, may I verify if you are using the Windows 7 computer? Please note a computer with a Windows 10 system is required to run the program, and the RC of Mavic 2 is not compatible with Flight Simulator currently.
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans807a5add Posted at 10-31 23:02

Hi there, please try to change another disk (not the system disk) and ensure that there is enough space for installation to see whether it works, thank you!
2018-11-3
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-3 00:48
Hi \\\\LEEKER, may I verify if you are using the Windows 7 computer? Please note a computer with a Windows 10 system is required to run the program, and the RC of Mavic 2 is not compatible with Flight Simulator currently.

Strictly speaking, that not true.
I run the simulator on Windows 7 (Win 10 and 8 are banned from my home network) using Mavic Pro RC (with only the sticks and the gimball dial working, which is OK for me)

See the attached screen photo - showing the OS and the MP RC in use. Note that the sim can also be run windowed (I hav an UHD display) and that the navigation of the menu is done using the RC stick.

sim-win7.jpg
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BumblerBee Posted at 11-3 07:32
Strictly speaking, that not true.
I run the simulator on Windows 7 (Win 10 and 8 are banned from my home network) using Mavic Pro RC (with only the sticks and the gimball dial working, which is OK for me)

Glad to know your Windows 7 system could run the DJI Flight Simulator, officially, we recommend to use the Window 10 computer to ensure the performance. Mavic Pro RC is not supported per the tests, but thanks for sharing and we hope you have a great time with Flight Simulator.
2018-11-5
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 04:09
Glad to know your Windows 7 system could run the DJI Flight Simulator, officially, we recommend to use the Window 10 computer to ensure the performance. Mavic Pro RC is not supported per the tests, but thanks for sharing and we hope you have a great time with Flight Simulator.

Thank you. That I do!

The simulator is marvellous for honing ATTI flying skills, as well as learning to fly in constrained spaces.

The island's rock arches and the city's underground passages provide for such excercise. I feel I am much better at relaying the camera angle and perspective to the actual position of the quad.
Come spring I'll try flying closer to the ground - until now it's been mainly above the treetops for me
2018-11-5
Use props
Bernie_S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140843 ft
United Kingdom

FredAstra Posted at 10-30 11:14
I just tried o install DJI Flight Simulator but Malwarebytes flags it as Malware.  Anybody got any info or experience of this ?

HERE IS THE LOG FILE PRODUCED BY MALWAREBYTES: -

Yes, I had exactly the same issue - the file was flagged & quarantined by Malwarebytes immediately that I tried to run it.

I agree that it would be good to hear from DJI why this is happening.
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_siC92isralRV
lvl.1
United States

I understand she's just a Social Media Rep/ Mod, but after reading some of Mindys comments sounds like she may need to go back to flight school.

So far the most common error reported is during install on Windows 10 64bit:: File Error Error:005_000{000/0086}

This error is caused due to a poorly written 32bit installer script that can't properly read or access the 32bit application directory '\Program Files (x86)' on a 64bit OS. The fix as some have stated is to create or specify a folder outside of '\Program Files (x86)'.

Also, Mindys earlier comment that the sim is not compatible with Inspire 2 RCs is incorrect. As the Inspire 2 utilizes Lightbridge 2 it is certainly compatible with the flight sim, which is confirmed in the release notes as well as by my test flights.

Lastly, this flight sim has been around for over a year, but was just released to the public after some tweaks, yet they obviously need to compile all the bug reports and hand them off to the Dev team.
2018-11-6
Use props
djiuser_siC92isralRV
lvl.1
United States

It's also a shame that DJI cares so little about their consumers safety and/or peace of mind that they were unwilling or perhaps didn't know any better to fork over $200 for a driver signing certificate. If someone took the time to implement one then the end users of their applications wouldn't have to disable default security measures on their PCs or bypass antivirus warnings. I suppose if DJI was a publicly traded company and had the resources or foresight to implement the most basic of security measures on their applications the DoD wouldn't have banned their purchase and use..

..Oh DJI is a multiple billion dollar publicly traded company? Then the security flaws within the Go App, DJI Assistant and now DJI Flight Simulator are perhaps intentional? No way not possible.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BumblerBee Posted at 11-5 07:48
Thank you. That I do!

The simulator is marvellous for honing ATTI flying skills, as well as learning to fly in constrained spaces.

Appreciate your feedback, hope it could help to improve the flight skills. If there is any other issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bernie_S Posted at 11-5 12:33
Yes, I had exactly the same issue - the file was flagged & quarantined by Malwarebytes immediately that I tried to run it.

I agree that it would be good to hear from DJI why this is happening.

Hi Bernie_S, we have verified with our engineers that this is the false alarming by the Antivirus software, as long as the Flight Controller is downloaded from DJI official website, please don't worry and continue to run it.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_siC92isralRV Posted at 11-6 00:57
I understand she's just a Social Media Rep/ Mod, but after reading some of Mindys comments sounds like she may need to go back to flight school.

So far the most common error reported is during install on Windows 10 64bit:: File Error Error:005_000{000/0086}

Hi there, all my replies have been confirmed with our engineers especially when the new product is released, we pay close attention to the new issues and will not reply without confirmation.
For the Error 005_000”/"003_005", you are correct, the error displays when the file is installed in the wrong path, it is recommended to change the installation path and avoid installing in the system disc.
For the RC of Inspire 2, we have stated clearly in the FAQ that this RC is not in the supported list, appreciate your understanding. GTScreenshot_20181106_181323.png
2018-11-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules