Phantom 4 advice please
591 5 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stu5775
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42664 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, im feeling somewhat frustrated with Dji at the moment, who ever i speak with havnt got the answers i need.   

Original drone sent in for repair serial number  07DJE320C10180

Drone sent back to me serial number  07D2F720020049

Original case number    CAS 2298112-C2Y0W4

To whom this may concern,

In July 2018 I purchased a brand new Phantom 4 drone with controller a battery and 8 props, from a Company called Argos in Warrington Cheshire which Cost £999, which to me is a lot of money, this was going to be my last drone as Dji is leading in technology than the rest of the drones I used to have (basic). After 3 months one of the motors, when attaching the prop started to make a grinding noise, so I contacted yourselves you provided a CAS number and shipping receipts and sent my drone to the Netherlands. I received an email stating there is a fault with the motor as under Warranty motor cost would be £14.88 and repair service would be £50 this work would be done free of charge the work would take 2 to 3 days and shipped back to me. I was happy with this as under Warranty,   10 days later I received a drone back, I took it out to my usual place to fly and had some issues from the start, it couldn’t find a GPS after waiting over half an hour before a flight it asked me for a manual compass calibration like my friend does with his phantom 3, by the way I didn’t have to do this with my phantom 4!. Whilst flying it constant loses GPS. UMI settings never right, always saying warming up not to fly this goes on for 15mins, Compass settings always wrong. My original drone had the latest updates ,  I got home and checked the serial number it was 07D2F720020049, completely different!! I called Dji spoke with your customer service team they told me that this drone is a replacement as they couldn’t fix mine? I explained that I received an email stating that my was going to be fixed and shipped back to me, the customer service agent told me that the email should of never been sent, and the drone that was sent to me was a refrub. When he said that I questioned it then he said it was new and have a 2 year warranty with this drone,  to be honest I wasn’t happy so we ended the call. That was on Friday the 19th of October. Today Monday 22nd October I called back your customer service department and spoke with a lady called April, explained everything that has gone on again she told me the drone they sent was new in 2014, I mean what? My drone was purchased in 2018 it will have been a more updated drone than that.  So Dji created abother case file for me and drone went back, i recieved another email stating the 3 in 1 board has been updated and the drone has been shipped out. This drone has another different serial number as is on the way back home. I spoke with a supervisior again today called Jessie who says he will speak with the Neterlands and ring me back. This whole process has given me the wrong thoughtas about this so called great company. Any help would be really appricated

Many Thanks

Stu Wilson

2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stu, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, according to the after-sale policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. But the replacement has been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
We are really sorry that the previous replacement didn't work great, I see another drone has been shipped out, please test its performance when you receive it and let us know if there is any further issue, appreciate your understanding.
GTScreenshot_20181031_103020.png

2018-10-30
Use props
stu5775
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-30 18:32
Hi Stu, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, according to the after-sale policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. But the replacement has been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
We are really sorry that the previous replacement didn't work great, I see another drone has been shipped out, please test its performance when you receive it and let us know if there is any further issue, appreciate your understanding.
[view_image]

Thank you for your quick reply, yes when this other drone comes back ill let you know straight away, i just dont understand in the first place why Dji would send me a invoice of fixing my drone with a new motor and costings for service then send me another drone. Anyway ill be in touch
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

stu5775 Posted at 2018-10-31 04:01
Thank you for your quick reply, yes when this other drone comes back ill let you know straight away, i just dont understand in the first place why Dji would send me a invoice of fixing my drone with a new motor and costings for service then send me another drone. Anyway ill be in touch

The quotation will always state what component is damaged and need to be replaced, the service cost is not just the repair fee, we will provide a thorough and professional evaluation and make sure everything is working fine, but the drone could be replaced. Thanks for your understanding, please keep us updated if there is any other issue.
2018-10-31
Use props
stu5775
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-31 04:47
The quotation will always state what component is damaged and need to be replaced, the service cost is not just the repair fee, we will provide a thorough and professional evaluation and make sure everything is working fine, but the drone could be replaced. Thanks for your understanding, please keep us updated if there is any other issue.

Good afternoon Mindy, so had a testing flight keeping it close to me the first battery was amazing, the 2nd once it had a gps and gone green i waited like always for around 3 to 4 mins to make sure everything is ok once i took off it lost gps and callibration. So i landed it waitied another 5 mins then it was ok. 3rd battery amazing no issues. So thank you for all your support whilst i was going through this. Have a lovely evening and week end
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

stu5775 Posted at 11-2 08:46
Good afternoon Mindy, so had a testing flight keeping it close to me the first battery was amazing, the 2nd once it had a gps and gone green i waited like always for around 3 to 4 mins to make sure everything is ok once i took off it lost gps and callibration. So i landed it waitied another 5 mins then it was ok. 3rd battery amazing no issues. So thank you for all your support whilst i was going through this. Have a lovely evening and week end

Glad to know everything is working great, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is any further issue, have a good weekend.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules