Traveling to India with a DJI Mavic AIR
6096 11 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsankk
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone,

I am an Indian resident now lives in the USA traveling to India in coming January 2019 for vacations. I wish to carry my Mavic air (bought from USA) with me for great aerial shoots at my hometown.
As far as I know, drones are legally banned in India for now. But according to some readings, drones will be legal in India from December 1, 2018.
I just want to know if I can travel with my drone through airports without any hassle, especially at customs clearance.
Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2018-10-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

There will be a easier way, that is to contact the airport help center or you can search for the information about the drone rules there   
2018-10-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum
2018-10-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Jacksonnai.

Better to have the correct info regarding this.
2018-10-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I would be super careful if I want to travel to India with my drones.
As of now, the drones and their import into the county is 100% forbidden! https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-india/
You might get it confiscated at the airport! So just be very careful!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Itsankk. Welcome to DJI Forum. I understand that you wanted to bring your DJI Mavic Air to India. The best way to know how to pack and bring your drone to India is to contact your local airport authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. Thank you for your support and have a safe and happy flying in India.
2018-10-31
Use props
baji_photograph
New
Flight distance : 1457 ft
United Arab Emirates

How was your experience? did you get it trough the customs.

Im just like from Dubai. I am travelling in March 2019 with my Mavic 2 Pro but hearing about confiscation in airport.

Please advice.  
2019-2-20
Use props
itsankk
lvl.1
United States

baji_photograph Posted at 2-20 06:22

Im just like from Dubai. I am travelling in March 2019 with my Mavic 2 Pro but hearing about confiscation in airport.

Hello, baji,
I did manage to pass through airports without any hassle. Maybe I was in good luck.
I packed my drone body in my check-in luggage and batteries in my cabin bags along with my camera.
It is also advisable to detach props and keep it in another bag so it does not look like a drone.
Custom authorities did not even check my luggage.
Sorry for the late reply.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Aside from the feedback of the owner of this thread, you may also check our geo zone map to possibly avoid restricted areas in Dubai. Please refer to the link below for further check.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-2-25
Use props
kishor900
lvl.1

Where did you keep your transmitter? As it contains a battery
2019-10-2
Use props
TheFirstDrone
lvl.1

Australia

Hello Baji, Did you manage to get through. I am moving to india in March 2020, wanted to know if I could take my Mavic 2 pro along with me. Else I have to sell here in Australia.
2019-10-30
Use props
djiuser_9Ib7rlcymuG3
New

India

If you travel along with your drone in India airport the customs will cease your drone
And they will ask your drone liscence
2020-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules