New DJI Flight SIm
1857 9 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I actually think that the new sim las a lot of promise,  that is if I can keep it running.    I installed it properly,   but what happens is when I hit the start button within the app,  it will actively run for a couple of seconds and then stop.  if I click on the icon, it will again run for a couple of seconds, but it stops.   Has anyone experienced this?  Reslolution>

Also, stupid question, but which port is supposed to be used on the conroller.  I have the controller for the P4P.

Thanks,

Cirag
2018-10-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found the application to be very GPU intensive. The longer it runs while in a simulation, the more resources the application seems to use. With some tweaking, I can see it being a useful app for learning the controls.

You need to connect a Micro USB cable between the Micro USB port on the back of the remote controller and a USB port on your computer.
2018-10-30
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
United States

Did you experience the app stopping or iconising  after a sec ir 2,   I'm reasonably sure it's not my video card causing the problems
2018-10-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took longer than two seconds, but it eventually started locking up while flying. In the Windows Task Manager, the GPU % was hitting nearly 100% for that process.
2018-10-30
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
United States

The problem seems to be resolution related.   I have my monitor set up much higher than 1920 *1080,  When I reduced the screen resolution the sim stated up and running
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cirag, glad to know the issue has been figured out, please try the lower resolution, if there is any further issue, please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-10-31
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Surely real time flying is the best way to learn ?
Oh,  I suppose that should read "weather permitting" ?
2018-11-1
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
United States

ACTUALLY,  I spent a few hours in front of  a  computer with the original flight sim.   It took me awhile to get used to the mirror effect.  I'm not a 20 something, so learning that took awhile.    I was hoping to see a sim that would closely reflect the physics of each drone.    Then again, I haven't read the manua yet, so I should withhold judgement,  but I was hoping to see something on par with some of the more popular r/c sims and DJIs appears,  I said appears, to be lacking.  I was pretty disappointed actually.   I good flight sim should be a pretty valuable tool.   I'm not seeing that with DJIs sim yet.   I have a few hundred hrs on p4ps.  I thought it would be a great app to get used to some of the other industrys - line inspectios, etc,   I have to read the manual, but based upon what I've seen I wouldn't spend any money to get the "enterprize" module,  which was really where I wanted to go with this.     We'll see what happens.    Craig
2018-11-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

No MacOS version, only Windoze?
2018-11-1
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't get this to run at all.

My main monitor is 4K (3840X2160) and all I get is a black screen at launch after pressing START, or sometimes an 'Unreal process has crashed UE4-DjiArena' message.

My machine is a win10 Pro X64, 12 way i7-6800K with 32Gb of RAM and a 6GB GTX 1060 graphics with latest drivers so is more than capable of running this.

This doesn't look like the right place for support, so where do I go please? sorry to hijack the thread
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules