Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Flight Simulator for PC
37970 66 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Maxi3D Posted at 11-5 09:56
The sim can bearly run on my Radeon RX Series video card. I would have to upgrade to a $450 video card to run this sim.

Yes, the code of the sim seems to be highly UNoptimised, and uses Unreal IV engine under the hood. X-Plane flight simulator, which is by far more complex, gives me higher framerates at a higher resolution. Maybe DJI should pair up with Laminar Research to make them a custom sim off the X-Plane base?
2018-11-8
Use props
radical
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38386 ft
United Kingdom

this is doing my head in iv installed the flight sim no issues graphics look great looked at the controls for keyboard as no pic of pro controller but is a pic of the pro one,went in to keyboard settings wow looks simple enough and started the sim ummm der doesnt move cant take off as according the sim the arrow keys are for mode 2 which is what i use up down left right simples and the a d s w is for the yar ..yep another typical dji f up.  such a  shame as would of been so nice to have a fly around as is crappy out side. and my pc is far specy to play this with ease.no explenation on how controllers supposed to connect. badbad dji naughty guys.seems we are going same route as the flight sim game thingy that was only made for apple uses. not Android
2018-11-8
Use props
radical
lvl.1
United Kingdom

this is doing my head in iv installed the flight sim no issues graphics look great looked at the controls for keyboard as no pic of pro controller but is a pic of the pro one,went in to keyboard settings wow looks simple enough and started the sim ummm der doesnt move cant take off as according the sim the arrow keys are for mode 2 which is what i use up down left right simples and the a d s w is for the yar ..yep another typical dji f up.  such a  shame as would of been so nice to have a fly around as is crappy out side. and my pc is far specy to play this with ease.no explenation on how controllers supposed to connect. badbad dji naughty guys.seems we are going same route as the flight sim game thingy that was only made for apple uses. not Android
2018-11-8
Use props
radical
lvl.1
United Kingdom

has anyone had this sim working even with the keyboard??
2018-11-8
Use props
fdisilvestro
Australia

Hi, I had it working fine with my P4A remote. Looking at the task manager,  it maxes out my GPU card anyway.
2018-11-8
Use props
Tom Iliffe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have this going with the Phantom 4 pro plus remote?
2018-11-10
Use props
psl
New
Chile

Ulisbs4711 Posted at 11-6 06:29
After installation i got the error message "djiArena-Win64-Shipping.exe - Systemfehler" What can i do? I tried several installations and deinstallations but allways the same result :-(

I have a similar error when I try to start the simulation:
"djiArena-Win64-Shipping.exe
File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore."

I have an antivirus running and it has not detected any anomalies...

Any clue?
2018-11-19
Use props
TroyBoy69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601112 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Found this on the Price for Enterprise Vers, 2,139.00 AUD, "they must be joking right"?

https://www.riseabove.com.au/dji-flight-simulator
2018-11-26
Use props
jalatta8
New

United States

almj Posted at 10-31 00:06
Anyone successfully connected mavic air remote?
Simulator opening fine but no controls.
I've tried rebooting, changing cables, turning remote off and on...

I have tried many times and only get what looks like a Phantom remote so my MA remote doesn't work. When starting it loads several different drones.
2018-11-27
Use props
jalatta
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-1 13:11
almj,
There appears to be a problem with the device driver for the Mavic Air's RC.  I put together a video that describes the problem and shows how it can be resolved.  Hope it helps!

I really liked your video, I got mine to work somewhat but apparently my CPU is too slow to run it. I have to use Task Manager to shut it off and when I do I notice it is a 32 bit program. I thot this was a 64 bit program. I'm trying to run this on a Dell i3-7353 laptop.
2018-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

jalatta Posted at 11-27 20:50
I really liked your video, I got mine to work somewhat but apparently my CPU is too slow to run it. I have to use Task Manager to shut it off and when I do I notice it is a 32 bit program. I thot this was a 64 bit program. I'm trying to run this on a Dell i3-7353 laptop.

Glad you got it to work, but I'm not surprised to hear your machine is having problems with running it fast enough.  The Sim uses a game engine behind the scenes and thus requires a machine that is pretty well spec'd.  One of the most important aspects is a reasonably good graphics card.  Generally speaking, laptops aren't usually spec'd very well in this particular area.
2018-11-27
Use props
Chris36
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 11-1 10:37
Check if you see "Vision (Interface3)" under "libusb-win32 devices" in the Device Manager.
Today when I started the sim, my cobtrolelr was not picked up at first as I powered it up after the launcher was started.
Powered it down, closed the sin AND the launcher, then followed these steps:

Hi, Bumblerbee, I've tried the sequence you provided but still couldn't get the new FS 2018 to work with my Mavic Pro RC.  My Device Manager display does not show the heading "libusb-win32 devices" until I connect the RC but does after connection with "Vision (Interface3" displayed and when clicked a dialogue box appeared claiming this device is working properly.  This only happened in my case if I first connected the RC and THEN powered it on as I already mentioned above.
I've seen another post from DJI rep 'Mindy' stating that the Mavic Pro RC is intentionally not in the list of compatible units while several posts from regular users, such as yourself, claim success but perhaps it's because of some "unknown" variables that sometimes the MP RC won't work and until DJI resolve such issues it will not be officially on the 'approved' list  -  who knows!  
It would be helpful if a DJI rep reading this or otherwise could confirm if and when the MP and its RC will be able to use the FS as it looks most interesting and useful for training particularly if more of the drone's features, flight modes etc. are simulated.  I envy already those who have successfully installed and used the FS as it's streaks ahead of the simpler one in the DJI 4 app  -  though there was once an earlier version of that which was much better than the current version on which I posted a query but it still is not nearly as advanced as the 2018 version.  Thank you anyway for your assistance and tips.
2018-11-28
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

A follow-up experience of sorts.
I've just built a new Windows 7 HTPC machine with i5-6600K overclocked to 3.8GHz, but no dedicated videocard - I'm using the on-chip Intel HD Graphics 530 (overclocked to 1250MHz), which is ample enough for 4K video playback, as well as some 3D rendering (like flying in X-Plane 9 flight simulator in the Alps at 50fps!). Given other people's experience above, I did not expect the highly inefficient DJI sim to run on this video setup. However, I installed it to check if I'd manage to get Mavic Pro controller to work on this other machine.

So, the steps: install DJI Assistant (accepting all unsigned drivers); start Assistant and check that it recognises the controller; install the sin launcher; update the sim launcher; log in; install the sim from the launcher; run "DJI Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe" to install the drivers again (to be on the safe side); disconnect and re-connect the MP controller; run the sim from the launcher.

It took some time for the menu to show up, but when it did, I could control the menu navigation using the left Mavic Pro controller stick!

I had to set the settings to Low, 720p, 30fps to get any kind of responsiveness from the menu, then i launched the island arena. After another looong wait, the sound, and then the image appeared. It looked like the rendering was done at 2fps, but I definitely could start the engines using the sticks and change the gimbal tilt using the dial. That's all I needed to prove. The MP controller worked with yet another Windows 7 machine.
2018-12-1
Use props
thefarmovie
lvl.1

Austria

Hi

is there a way to control this from a program ? I.e the Mobile SDK, using virtual joystick. In other words only programmatically w/o keyboard or remote ?

Thanks
2018-12-10
Use props
fansc7fff6c1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324931 ft
United States

The item "DJI_FS.exe"has been changed or moved shortcut will no longer work properly. Does anybody got this message?
2018-12-13
Use props
Sp3K5y
lvl.1
Bulgaria

For my DJI mavic Air training I just run the atti mode by pressing V for Switch Modes key on keyboard using drone which has switch to atti like Phantom. Look in bottom left corner to see which mode is selected. S- Sport P-GPS A-ATTI

And train on this drone.
atti.jpg
2019-1-4
Use props
Sp3K5y
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Actually it works for Mavic Air too
2019-1-4
Use props
DanielLucey
New Zealand

fansc7fff6c1 Posted at 2018-12-13 17:03
The item "DJI_FS.exe"has been changed or moved shortcut will no longer work properly. Does anybody got this message?

I have fully spec'd Windows 10, 64 bit, machine.  Despite several cyles of downloading and installing DJI FlightSimulatorLauncher.exe the resuling installtion (in the default disc and folder) does not contain the file 'DJI_FS.EXE' and thus I cannot get any further in the total instaltion. Any suggertions please?
2019-1-7
Use props
HH1
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-10-31 12:28
Well, this may be a bummer: A computer with a Windows 10 system is required to run the program.
I am using Windows 7 (as quite a lot of other people do), and Win 8 and 10 are permanently banned from my home network.

Hang on to the Win-7 machine, it will do the calibration.  I have a Win-7, 8.1, and 10 machines, and the only one of them that will do the calibration is the Win-7, although you do have to trust the files on install of the DJi assistant 2 program.  Guess I have to wait to do the flight simulator with my Mavic Pro Platinum.  Thanks for the information..
2019-1-12
Use props
buffington
New
United States

DanielLucey Posted at 1-7 23:43
I have fully spec'd Windows 10, 64 bit, machine.  Despite several cyles of downloading and installing DJI FlightSimulatorLauncher.exe the resuling installtion (in the default disc and folder) does not contain the file 'DJI_FS.EXE' and thus I cannot get any further in the total instaltion. Any suggertions please?

Windows Defender thinks DJI_FS.EXE is a virus/trojan. You can have Windows Defender restore the file from the Windows Defender app. Whether there's actually a virus or not, I have no idea. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at this point. This simulator is awful. It's easier to get the actual drones in the air and flying than it is to run the simulator.
2019-1-13
Use props
buffington
New
United States

This simulator is a total freak show. If you manage to get it running (by telling Windows Defender that it's not a virus), the keyboard interface is insane.

To move around in the menus, you use the WASD keys. Don't bother trying to use arrows keys or the mouse, they won't work.

If you're down a few layers into the menuing system you'll find that pressing ESC to go up a level doesn't do anything. That's because you need to use BACKSPACE.

If you managed to get into freeflight mode without the app crashing then good luck. ESC doesn't give you a menu. Want to try exiting the freeflight mode so you can go see the Keyboard settings? Too bad, BACKSPACE won't work. When this happened to me I started pressing keys at random. If you hit ENTER, you get some sidebar thing that lets you select things with a mouse. Get used to that menu though, because I have no idea how to get rid of it. You'd think BACKSPACE would do it, but nope. That much I know for certain.

If you are able to get out of that menu you can get a more useful one by pressing P. I assume it's P for "pause". From there you can getting to settings, or change your take off spot, but not the location. You can also exit the level entirely, and if you're lucky, when you get back to the main menu all the enterprise features will be unlocked. You can do skill challenges, time trials, all sorts of extra stuff that wasn't there before.

I wouldn't know if those work though because no matter what I pick, the app crashes.

I'm also only able to get the City and Hangar levels to load. The island won't - I crash every time.

How do you fly? If your controller works (mine only does some times), you'd think following the on screen prompts would work. They don't. I've only ever been able to take off by first trying in vain using the controller, then using the Keyboard instead.

But the Keyboard only works for taking off if you're in the camera mode that allows you to see the tablet AND the controller on screen at the same time. Then you can see your sticks move to the correct positions when using the keyboard. I've tried this about 6 times, and it's the only way that works for me.

When it works, I can then use the controller to fly the drone around. But only the sticks work - all other controls are ignored.

It's shocking how poorly done this software is.

I have a pretty robust gaming rig: i7-9700k, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, 32GB of DDR4-3200 RAM, a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD.  This software simply crawls. There's no reason that it should be so laggy/choppy at 1080P.

If DJI wants to do software, they really need to step up their game. Otherwise it's pointless and hurts them.

Don't bother using this simulator. Total utter waste of time.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

You can use it for free. Just download it, there are instructions inside.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

almj Posted at 2018-10-31 00:06
Anyone successfully connected mavic air remote?
Simulator opening fine but no controls.
I've tried rebooting, changing cables, turning remote off and on...

Mavic 2 RC works, i think is pretty much the same with mavic air'RC
2019-1-13
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Norway

Once you get it running and get the kincks/controls worked out, the sim is a lot of fun and is actually very useful for training, too.

In this thread I posted about racing in the sim. I was hoping that more would take up the challange and compete
https://forum.dji.com/thread-173991-1-1.html
2019-1-18
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.1
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

HI People, I have downloaded the sim put it on my windows 10 home PC and the right clicked on the ICON and gone to the insulation directory after turning on my RC and all lights come on, then clicked the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe file and that ran ok finished but then when I double click the SIM ICON I get the main screen up but don't find a way to get the SIM Started, any help here would be great full, regards TJK UK.
2019-4-16
Use props
Ivan K.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11965 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

No mac version :-(
2019-4-26
Use props
droneroBCN
lvl.1

Spain

Ivan K. Posted at 4-26 02:28
No mac version :-(

Hola yo tengo el PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS V2 y me funciona en w10 sin problema alguno, descargue el sim de la pagina de DJI lo instale y a la primera funciono, tube que configurar el mando  en el modo 2  y a volar.
solo tengo un problema  y es que solo iniciar el sim el mando se pone a vibrar todo el tiempo hasta que apago el juego.  vibra para vibra para y asi todo el rato y es molesto.
alguien sabe que puede ser ?.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules