Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GOGGLES RE DO NOT WORK WITH MAVIC PRO 2/ZOOM
12Next >
13359 74 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

To anyone contiplating purschase the DJI Goggles RE......WARNING.....DO NOT PURCHASE GOGGLES RE IF THEY ARE FOR USE WITH THE MAVIC PRO 2/ZOOM. If you would like to know why, just read a few of the 10-20 threads about it.   Just trying to warn any potential victims of this borderline scam.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Can you explain further how this is a scam? I've used the Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro without any issues.
2018-10-31
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-10-31 06:16
Can you explain further how this is a scam? I've used the Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro without any issues.

Well, I said borderline scam because of fact that there are probably no less than 10 -15 threads on here documenting all the issues people are having with the Mavic 2/zoom and the goggles RE. You are probably the first one I’ve heard that is satisfied with them.
2018-10-31
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Work well for me!
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Rfern, we're sorry to the unpleasant experience. May I have more details about the issues about the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 do you refer to? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.
2018-10-31
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Hello DJISusan,
My issues are the same as everyone else on here. When the goggles re are used the range of the zoom and goggles are at the most 600-1000ft and eventually lose connection. Turn of the goggles and regain connection and the zoom performs flawlessly for the most part. All firmware is up to date, refreshed, reinstalled. DJI GO is the latest version. Device being used is an iPhone XR. Have tried in multiple areas where interference is low and is “wide open”.
2018-11-1
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

Rfern Posted at 11-1 08:10
Hello DJISusan,
My issues are the same as everyone else on here. When the goggles re are used the range of the zoom and goggles are at the most 600-1000ft and eventually lose connection. Turn of the goggles and regain connection and the zoom performs flawlessly for the most part. All firmware is up to date, refreshed, reinstalled. DJI GO is the latest version. Device being used is an iPhone XR. Have tried in multiple areas where interference is low and is “wide open”.

Since the DJI Goggles RE while connecting WiFi to the aircraft couses issues, is there any way to connect them (goggles) to the RC with cable? I mean, the USB cable which goes with Goggles for charging.

There is the Phantom 4 Pro and white Goggles set when the Goggles has to be connected to Phantom with the USB cable.

Does this idea work with the RE Goggles and Mavic 2 Pro?
2018-11-2
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Funny, there’s at least 6-7 other threads under the goggles category about the same issues I’m having and DJI hasn’t even acknowledged a problem or stated they are fixing it , and that’s just the goggles category. And someone asks me why I used the word scam.
2018-11-2
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-31 19:20
Hi Rfern, we're sorry to the unpleasant experience. May I have more details about the issues about the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 do you refer to? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.

DJI Susan,
What details would you like to know because obviously my response 3 days ago wasn’t enough for you to go on?
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rfern Posted at 11-2 20:09
DJI Susan,
What details would you like to know because obviously my response 3 days ago wasn’t enough for you to go on?

Rfern, sorry for the late response as I do not receive the notification from yours. We're still collecting the data as this issue does not occur at our end. We're sorry if this bothers you, appreciate your cooperation and understanding of solving this matter. Please kindly provide us with the version number of aircraft, goggles RE and the App, as well as some screenshots of Goggles RE when the issue appears at that moment, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further review.
2018-11-4
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan,

Instead of asking for more clarification, would you please respond to us intelligently what DJI is doing to address the concerns many have already given you as enough information to go on has been repeatedly offered.

1. UPDATED SOFTWARE WITH YOUR LATEST ON EVERY COMPONENT.
2. MAVIC 2 ZOOM, possibly Pro but DEFINATELY ZOOM.
3. UAV IS LIMITED TO A DISTANCE OF 1000 YARDS AWAY FROM FULLY-UPDATED CONTROLLER WHEN TRYING TO UTILIZE RE GOGGLES TO FLY WITH.
4. LINK IS LOST FROM CONTROLLER TO AIRCRAFT WITHOUT WARNING WHEN TRYING TO OPERATE A DJI MAVIC 2 ZOOM UTILIZING DJI RE GOGGLES, WHICH YOU SELL AS A KIT TOGETHER!

As a purchaser of all the above items, I am concerned with the amount of information you have repeatedly been supplied but thus far have not addressed.

And I am NOT yelling in the above Bullet points, but they are capitalized for CLARITY.

PLEASE ADDRESS THE ISSUE AS IDENTIFIED, Susan.

Your engineers are smart enough to produce such fine products, they can understand those four points identified above. Very simple.

Thank you very much.
2018-11-4
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-4 00:44
Rfern, sorry for the late response as I do not receive the notification from yours. We're still collecting the data as this issue does not occur at our end. We're sorry if this bothers you, appreciate your cooperation and understanding of solving this matter. Please kindly provide us with the version number of aircraft, goggles RE and the App, as well as some screenshots of Goggles RE when the issue appears at that moment, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further review.

DJI Susan,
Are you kidding me?Look at post #6!! I clearly stated all the issues I /many of us are having. But I’ll state it AGAIN so that everyone can see how many times I tell DJI without anything being done.
Little or no range with goggle re with the MP2/Zoom!!
We lose connection, shut the goggles of, regain connection. This is not difficult. Same problem everyone else is having with them. And if I seemed a little annoyed in this response..... well I am.How many times would you like me to tell you?
2018-11-4
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Also , please acknowledge there is an issue or tell us we’re all crazy. The generic responses are getting tiresome, and they’re insulting to everyone who wasted their hard earned money on your product that does not work correctly with absolutely NO customer service.
I’ve even submitted for support on DJI GO4 with out any response as well!
2018-11-4
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Mexico

Rfern Posted at 11-4 04:13
Also , please acknowledge there is an issue or tell us we’re all crazy. The generic responses are getting tiresome, and they’re insulting to everyone who wasted their hard earned money on your product that does not work correctly with absolutely NO customer service.
I’ve even submitted for support on DJI GO4 with out any response as well!

Hi all,

I am using the Mavic Pro with Goggles RE without issues.

I consider upgrading to the Mavic 2 Pro, but reading all these threads about the VERY SHORT RANGE of the Mavic2/Goggles RE combo  I am concerned and will POSTPONE the purchase of the Mavic 2 Pro!

Like many fellow pilots on this forum I want to see a CLARIFICATION from DJI that the problem was recognized and that it is being adressed.

As long as that does not happen I will stick to my Mavic Pro...

2018-11-5
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Mexico

Rfern Posted at 11-4 04:13
Also , please acknowledge there is an issue or tell us we’re all crazy. The generic responses are getting tiresome, and they’re insulting to everyone who wasted their hard earned money on your product that does not work correctly with absolutely NO customer service.
I’ve even submitted for support on DJI GO4 with out any response as well!

Hi all,

I consider upgrading to the Mavic 2 Pro, but reading all these threads about the VERY SHORT RANGE of the Mavic2/Goggles RE combo  I am concerned and will POSTPONE the purchase of the Mavic 2 Pro!

Like many fellow pilots on this forum I want to see a CLARIFICATION from DJI that the problem was recognized and that it is being adressed.

As long as that does not happen I will stick to my Mavic Pro...

2018-11-5
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

Dear DJI Susan,

Please be advised that I have the same issue with my DJI Goggles RE + Mavic 2 Pro.

The way to reproduce the "Short Range Issue":
1. Update the aircraft, goggles RE and the App with the latest versions as at 2018-11-01.
2. Switch on the aircraft, RC, mobile device (iPhone XR), run the application on the mobile device, switch on the goggles RE.
3. Lift off the aircraft at altitude 90 meters.

At this point in many cases the picture at goggles RE screens starts pixelating.

4. Move the aircraft at the distance 500 - 1000 meters.

Most probably, the picture at goggles RE screens stops moving (freezes) even earlier - at much shorter distance. After the picture freezes, it becomes black and white.

At this moment the RC reports:
a) The aircraft disconnected.
b) The obstacle avoidance system is disabled (the icon is red).

5. Switch the goggles RE off.

Almost immediately, the RC indicates that the connection with the aircraft is okay, the obstacle avoidance icon is green.

6. Move the aircraft even farther - at the distance more than 1000 meters (2000 or 3000 meters).

The connection is okay, the obstacle avoidance system icon is green.

7. Switch the goggles RE on again.

The connection will be lost, the obstacle avoidance system will be disabled (the icon will be red).

I beleive this should be enough for your people to reproduce the issue.

-------------------------

Dear Susan, my estimation is that at least from ten to twenty participants of the DJI forum EXPRESSED their suffering from the same issue (the short range while using a combination of ghe DJI Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom). You surely understand that the number of customers who has the same issue, but just didn't post it at the forum however is much greater.

It is only a matter of time when you will face this issue in all magnitude.

I personaly still have some room for waiting before sending my DJI Goggles RE back - I was instructed to do this by November 26, 2018. My DJI Goggles RE are packed, the mail labels are printed and everything is ready to be dropped off at the nearest post office.

I really like the Goggles, espesially the RE version. I don't want to return it back, however you leave no options for me. Their current condition and functioning is not acceptable.

--------------------------

For the time being, you engineeres would release a patch, say, making it as an option to connect the Goggles RE to RC with cable (like it is set for, for example, Phantom 4 Pro and Goggles), disabling the wireless conection with the aircraft which obviously causes the problems.

Thank you.
We all hope that you will continue inform us about the progress in this issue:
1. Is this hard- or soft-ware issue.
2. What is your (DJI) estimation and schedule for the soonerest patch or complete resolution of the problem.

2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jmclfrsh5621 Posted at 11-4 03:47
DJI Susan,

Instead of asking for more clarification, would you please respond to us intelligently what DJI is doing to address the concerns many have already given you as enough information to go on has been repeatedly offered.

Sir, thanks for heading up. I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Every detail you offered will be forwarded to our engineers for review.  As mentioned above, we're still collecting the data and try to reproduce the issue at our end. Could you choose the 2.4 GHz frequency or 5.8Ghz in the Goggles for cross-testing? Appreciate your support and cooperation.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rfern Posted at 11-4 04:06
DJI Susan,
Are you kidding me?Look at post #6!! I clearly stated all the issues I /many of us are having. But I’ll state it AGAIN so that everyone can see how many times I tell DJI without anything being done.
Little or no range with goggle re with the MP2/Zoom!!

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the unpleasant experience in the information collecting. The situation you mentioned has been forwarded to our engineers to check,  we'll come back as long as there is an update.
Also, for the feedback in DJI GO 4, may I know which module do you choose? Bug Feedback, Product Suggestion or After-sale Support? The first two are mainly used for data collecting, we sincerely suggest to contact us in After-sale Support for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mail@hanskrohn.com Posted at 11-5 07:40
Hi all,

Hi mail, when connected the Goggles RE with Mavic 2, it is recommended to attach the Pagoda antenna to avoid signal interference to the image transmission and gain a better flying experience.
If you do not attach the antenna, please choose the 2.4 GHz or 5.8Ghz manually according to the environment, thanks!
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SK Posted at 11-5 21:40
Dear DJI Susan,

Please be advised that I have the same issue with my DJI Goggles RE + Mavic 2 Pro.

Hi SK, we're sorry to hear about your experience. One point needs to be confirmed: Do you attach the Pagoda antenna to the DJI Goggles RE or not? If not, you may switch to 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz manually to see whether there is any difference, please keep us updated, thank you!
2018-11-6
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-6 00:55
Hi SK, we're sorry to hear about your experience. One point needs to be confirmed: Do you attach the Pagoda antenna to the DJI Goggles RE or not? If not, you may switch to 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz manually to see whether there is any difference, please keep us updated, thank you!

Dear DJI Susan,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I porovided several tests using all possible combinations of settings (and attaching/detaching the Pagoda antenna). None of the combinatins resoves the issue. The range is still UNACCEPTABLY LIMITED.

First, let me mentioned that I have an electronic engineer background as well as more than 20 years in IT, including WiFi/omni/directional antennas/technologies development.
So, before writing to you at the Forum, I run out of all my options to fix the issue by methodically checking all possible combinatins of settings.

Confirmed:

1. Yes, I attached the Pagoda antenna to the DJI Goggles RE. IT DOES NOT HELP.
2. Yes, I switched to 2.4GHz/5.8GHz manually. NO DIFFERENCE.

Thank you.

SK
2018-11-6
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

Dear DJI Susan,

Please be advised that while the aircraft disconnected from RC due to the DJI Goggles RE interference, the RC reported that "The Obstacle Avoidance System is Disabled".

Could you please clarify if this implemented by desing or this is the result of abnormal condition of the system?

My understanding is that the Obstacle Avoidance System has NOTHING with the aircraft-RC connection and has to work independantly providing the safe passage for the aircraft to the Home Point (in case of RTH protocol activation).

Thank you.

SK
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SK Posted at 11-6 06:51
Dear DJI Susan,

Please be advised that while the aircraft disconnected from RC due to the DJI Goggles RE interference, the RC reported that "The Obstacle Avoidance System is Disabled".

Thanks for the clarification, the range issue has been reported to our engineers. For the obstacle avoidance system is disabled, does it appear every time when the Goggles disconnected? If yes, could you export the flight data in the aircraft at that time for further analysis, you may refer to the below screenshot to export, thank you!
1.png
2018-11-7
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

Dear DJI Susan,

I re-think your question and my answer about switching to the 2.4 GHz and currently I am not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing.

My understanding is that there should be THREE places where we can adjust the transmission frequency  settings:

1. DJI Goggles RE (this is about VIDEO transmission)
2. DJI GO 4 Application: HD menu (this is about VIDEO transmission as well)
3. DJI GO 4 Application: RC menu (this is about CONTROL transmission)

My confusion is that I cannot find the #3 (RC transmission frequency) settings.
At the same time, I clearly see that the DJI GO 4 interface keeps two separate indicators: #2 (HD siganl strenght) and #3 (RC signal strenght).

So, my question to you is: while you recommend switching to the 2.4GHz you mean what? Please see three options above.

Thank you.

SK

2018-11-7
Use props
04in719
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Both loose signal when connected for the regular goggles after 700 to 1000 feet depending on height. Horrible.
All components updated to latest firmware.
Tried turning my iPad to airplane mode to rule out wifi/cellular interference. No help and shouldn't be necessary in the first place.
I've tried using the goggles a dozen times in different areas, the range is very limited and frankly sucks. Head tracking is basically useless if you can only go out a few hundred feet. No fun at all for $350+ dollars.

I'm waiting till the very end of when I can return them in hopes of a firmware update but it's not looking very promising.

~Ed
2018-11-7
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

SK Posted at 11-7 06:41
Dear DJI Susan,

I re-think your question and my answer about switching to the 2.4 GHz and currently I am not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing.

Number 2.  You can’t change the RC, and DJI Go 4 tells the drone what to transmit.  No need to change Goggles.  This doesn’t fix the issue, but extends your range by 300m.
2018-11-8
Use props
Aaronjc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1194134 ft
Taiwan

UNsyncED Posted at 11-8 00:31
Number 2.  You can’t change the RC, and DJI Go 4 tells the drone what to transmit.  No need to change Goggles.  This doesn’t fix the issue, but extends your range by 300m.

Hi all :
             did you see this share report ,
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D540%26typeid%3D540  ,  Goggle  RE seems work well with Mavic zoom ?
2018-11-8
Use props
Aaronjc
lvl.4
Taiwan

Hi all guys :
             Did you see this share report , https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171765&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D540%26typeid%3D540
            Goggle  RE seems work well with Mavic zoom ?
2018-11-8
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

SK Posted at 11-5 21:40
Dear DJI Susan,

Just give up! I’m just as frustrated as you.  I strongly believe that the moderators on this forum DO NOT have 2 way communication with the engineers, in fact I strongly believe that they DO NOT have 1 way communication.
2018-11-8
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Aaronjc Posted at 11-8 00:34
Hi all :
             did you see this share report ,
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171765&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D540%26typeid%3D540  ,  Goggle  RE seems work well with Mavic zoom ?

Sadly, this isn’t the case for me, and many others. Have you had success with the M2 and Goggles, with transmission set to “dual”?
2018-11-8
Use props
Aaronjc
lvl.4
Taiwan

UNsyncED Posted at 11-8 23:54
Sadly, this isn’t the case for me, and many others. Have you had success with the M2 and Goggles, with transmission set to “dual”?

i do not have RE , but i plan to buy one , i am nervous a lot.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SK Posted at 11-7 06:41
Dear DJI Susan,

You can set it from HD menu of DJI GO 4, please keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks!
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

04in719 Posted at 11-7 10:38
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Both loose signal when connected for the regular goggles after 700 to 1000 feet depending on height. Horrible.
All components updated to latest firmware.
Tried turning my iPad to airplane mode to rule out wifi/cellular interference. No help and shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Hey Ed, we're sorry for the troubles. This has been forwarded to our engineers to check, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-11-9
Use props
Mavical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group,

Has anyone come up with a workaround to bypass the wireless connection on the RE Goggles and link it directly through the USB hub with a cable on the Mavic 2 Pro’s RC?
2018-11-12
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone else with this issue using a CrystalSky display, instead of an Android or iOS device like I assume most of us are using?

I don’t want to spend $500-700 on a CrystalSky display to get my RE Goggles to operate as they are advertised, which is why I bought the RE Goggles in the first place!
2018-11-14
Use props
Mavical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

I am wide open to trying any ideas that anyone has here on how to hard wire the two together…

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hey DJI Susan, I do have this problem too. Tried all suggestions mentioned above but I get the same results as everyone else, fixing the freq. to 2.4 Ghz manually only gains around 300m with the Goggles RE attached. Flying without the Goggles enormously improves the range.
2018-12-4
Use props
DanW55
lvl.3
United States

Well, count me as another sucker that bought the Mavic 2 Zoom/Goggles RE combo. FedEx just delivered yesterday afternoon so I spent yesterday charging batteries, updating firmware and reading manuals. Today, first flight I leave off the goggles just to get a feel for the range and flying in general. Only went out about 3000' but signal was rock solid and video on the phone was clear and smooth. Brought her back and put on the goggles and barely made it 1000 ft before video froze and got the signal lost message. Turned off the goggles and signal was strong and I easily continued on to my previous waypoint. This was with everything configured as defaults, except units switched to Imperial.

I've read that to use the goggles with Air you plug the USB cable into the goggles' USB port and hand controller and unplug the phone. I tried this and I thought when I looked in the goggles the display matched the display on the phone and thought I had a workaround. But, batteries needed charged so I plugged things in and waited. After charging I assembled for another flight and could not get the goggles to take the signal from the hand controller. Being a newb I guess I somehow misidentified the display in the goggles because I could not get it back, only the normal display when connected wireless. Heck, just sitting in my livingroom trying to find a setting that would take the video from the hand controller via cable the image would occasionally freeze, drop to B/W or both.

Has anybody else tried connecting the goggles to the remote instead of wireless?
2018-12-4
Use props
Pinzgower
lvl.1
United States

I got mine to work!! I went into the HD menu and set the Channel from Dual to 2.4 GHz. I then set the Channel Mode to Custom and choose 20 MHz. Once all this was done I turned on the goggles. I was able to fly over 2 miles and back with the goggles! All in glorious HD. Let me know if this works for any of the rest of you.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

Could you please post a video of the Goggles RE flying the Mavic 2  at more than 400 metres. When EVERYONE else is having issues with this combo, it appears you are one of only a couple that it works for.  Very strange that . . .
2019-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules