Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GOGGLES RE DO NOT WORK WITH MAVIC PRO 2/ZOOM
13360 74 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LnKkZbM4VlDe
Flight distance : 630623 ft
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-31 19:20
Hi Rfern, we're sorry to the unpleasant experience. May I have more details about the issues about the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 do you refer to? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.

I have just bought the goggles re and have the same problem as everyone else with my mavic 2 Zoom but they work Perfectly with my mavic pro
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_LnKkZbM4VlDe
Thailand

Rfern Posted at 2018-11-1 08:10
Hello DJISusan,
My issues are the same as everyone else on here. When the goggles re are used the range of the zoom and goggles are at the most 600-1000ft and eventually lose connection. Turn of the goggles and regain connection and the zoom performs flawlessly for the most part. All firmware is up to date, refreshed, reinstalled. DJI GO is the latest version. Device being used is an iPhone XR. Have tried in multiple areas where interference is low and is “wide open”.

Me too just bought the goggles and they don’t work with my Zoom but do with my pro
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_LnKkZbM4VlDe
Thailand

As these goggles are not working with my Zoom and I bought them from a DJI store I am reluctantly going to have to return them and ask for a refund. A real pity because when they were working on my Mavic Pro they were awesome. Before returning them I’m going to try them with the pagoda aerial and to make the HD changes recommended on this thread as well as a firmware refresh. If that doesn’t work they will have to be returned. I am a big DJI fan having owned a Phantom 3 as well as my 2 Mavics but truly disappointed with the goggles.
2019-2-1
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Captain
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Pinzgower Posted at 1-11 16:02
I got mine to work!! I went into the HD menu and set the Channel from Dual to 2.4 GHz. I then set the Channel Mode to Custom and choose 20 MHz. Once all this was done I turned on the goggles. I was able to fly over 2 miles and back with the goggles! All in glorious HD. Let me know if this works for any of the rest of you.

Is it still working ok? Anyone else tried this? Cheers.
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_LnKkZbM4VlDe Posted at 2-1 03:46
I have just bought the goggles re and have the same problem as everyone else with my mavic 2 Zoom but they work Perfectly with my mavic pro

Sorry for the late response. May we have more details of the issue and troubleshooting you have tried?
2019-2-16
Use props
mexicodrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2464 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  I cannot believe that this problem has been reported for months now without resolution.  I think there have been complaints on this board since August?  Or September?  And DJI is still selling this combo?

This is sad to see that a group of drone enthusiasts that spend thousands of dollars on your products have major issues that could cause a dangerous situation ignored.  Please get this addressed.
2019-2-18
Use props
mexicodrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2464 ft
United States

jmclfrsh5621 Posted at 2018-11-14 12:54
Is anyone else with this issue using a CrystalSky display, instead of an Android or iOS device like I assume most of us are using?

I don’t want to spend $500-700 on a CrystalSky display to get my RE Goggles to operate as they are advertised, which is why I bought the RE Goggles in the first place!

I have a crystal sky 5.5 and still have the issue with the goggles.  Got them both around the same time so not a lot of time on the new display to give you a solid review but the display without the goggles seems to be working fine.
2019-2-18
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

At this point , I’m afraid it’s a lost cause. Had mine too long to return. I’ve had good days and bad days with goggles since I’ve started this thread. Some days the range is better than others and I must tell anyone who’s wondering, the included antenna is a must to have ANY relatively respectable range no matter what they say. Without it , you’ll be lucky to get 200 yards. Keep in mind , initially, DJI said it wasn’t even needed. They don’t even know how the s**t they put out works!!! What burns my ass the most is they don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE there is a problem with all the threads on here about. That’s a pretty amateur thing to do. That’s why I try to purchase things MADE IN THE USA. We have standards. All I can do is tell everyone DO NOT BUY THE RE GOGGLES FOR THE MP2/ZOOM. Not compatible
2019-2-18
Use props
fans3cb89062
lvl.1

United States

So is there any workaround besides using the included antenna? I was shocked to find that the package I bought doesn't work together. I bought the Mavic 2 Pro and Goggle RE together. The first time I tried it I lost controller signal a few times with the M2P and thankfully was able to land it. I'm disappointed that this is an ongoing and known issue, yet the two products are sold as a package. I am very sorry I did not read up on the forums before purchasing. Lesson learned.
2019-2-20
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

sorry My DJI Googles work with my Mavic Pro 2 zoom
2019-2-20
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

Pinzgower Posted at 1-11 16:02
I got mine to work!! I went into the HD menu and set the Channel from Dual to 2.4 GHz. I then set the Channel Mode to Custom and choose 20 MHz. Once all this was done I turned on the goggles. I was able to fly over 2 miles and back with the goggles! All in glorious HD. Let me know if this works for any of the rest of you.

Same here but I am using 5.8ghz instead of 2.4 reached 2 miles easy
2019-2-20
Use props
TBoyAZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeffa1 Posted at 2-20 21:05
Same here but I am using 5.8ghz instead of 2.4 reached 2 miles easy

Are you using the Goggle RE or the regular Goggles?

Are you also running the latest firmware for Everything?

You running the 5.8ghz for the Craft of Goggles?

Using pagoda antenna or not?

Sorry didn't meant to flood you with a ton of questions there, just curious if there is something setting wise that you have setup that may be different from what we are all doing.

I had some issues with mine when I first got them in, I purchased the M2P with Goggles RE, but I recently discovered that I didn't have the latest firmware on the goggles RE so just updated them and will give it another test. However, I will have to head out somewhere that doesn't have all the WiFi pollution that I have out here.

UPDATE 05/27/2019
  • I Made sure all my firmwares were upto date
  • Screwed in the 5ghz antenna
  • powered everything up
  • I was able to fly over a 1000ft away,  i went about a mile without issues.

I do know where i live is heavily congested with signals galour.
When i tested it, i went out to a mountain range and just fired everything up it worked fine for me. (Still is working fine too, Knock on wood)
I noticed that it was mentioned when a person purchased and used the smart controller that all of their issues went away. I too have purchased the smart controller (A while back) and now am just waiting for it to come it. However, as of right now i am no longer having the issue once i refreshed all the firmware and started using the 5ghz antenna with the goggles RE.

Wanted to post my update in hopes that this may be helpful.

Thanks

2019-2-21
Use props
NEA_1029
United States

Just combining various info from here and other threads plus another forum.

Some people have mentioned with mixed results this temporarily or all together fixes the issues.
1. Setting the Channel from Dual to Only 2.4Ghz
2. Setting the Channel Mode to Custom and choosing 20Mhz.
3. Using the Pagoda Antenna with the above settings.

Youtube Vid

Mavic Pilots

Communication Frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5.8 GHz
Transmitter Power (EIRP):  2.4 GHz 22.5 dBm (FCC); 18.5 dBm (CE); 19 dBm (SRRC)
                                       5.8 GHz: 25.5 dBm (FCC); 12.5 dBm (CE); 25.5 dBm (SRRC)
Live View Modes and Min. Latency:  960p50: 70 ms; 720p60: 60 ms; 480p50: 50 ms

Max. Transmission Distance
2.4 GHz: 7 km (FCC); 4 km (CE); 4 km (SRRC)
5.8 GHz: 4 km (FCC); 0.7 km (CE); 4 km (SRRC)

Regardless there is a ongoing issue here and @DJI needs to fully address this with either firmware or hardware update.
2019-2-21
Use props
NEA_1029
United States

https://youtu.be/pHkJe3uyRzs

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/range-with-mavic-zoom-and-goggles-re.51064/
2019-2-21
Use props
roamer105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently got a Smart Remote Controller and have been using it for a few missions over the past week. I also have a set of RE Goggles. All of these missions, I did turn on the RE Goggles as well and used them in conjunction with the SRC. To my surprise, the connection issue/experience is completely different (basically disappeared) with the SRC and RE Goggles. I left all of the occusync controls at AUTO and yet I have NEVER lost connections to my RE or SRC even when flying out to almost 3 miles and on other flights into communication "shadows" (behind mountains) with complete loss (both units) and both recovering instantly of getting back into range - no issues.

With my standard M2P controller, I had to force 2.4GHz if I wanted to stay connected - and even then, there were situations where the goggles lost and the controller either remained OK or was OK as soon as I shut off the goggles.

So, at this point I suspect that the problem is not in the RE (occusync 2) Goggles, but with the standard controller (either hardware - since it has not been fixed, or more likely firmware and DJI simply does not care to fix it). My experience with the SRC demonstrates that the Goggles CAN be made to work/stay connected just fine to the same/similar extent that the SRC can.
2019-2-24
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2-24 11:32
I recently got a Smart Remote Controller and have been using it for a few missions over the past week. I also have a set of RE Goggles. All of these missions, I did turn on the RE Goggles as well and used them in conjunction with the SRC. To my surprise, the connection issue/experience is completely different (basically disappeared) with the SRC and RE Goggles. I left all of the occusync controls at AUTO and yet I have NEVER lost connections to my RE or SRC even when flying out to almost 3 miles and on other flights into communication "shadows" (behind mountains) with complete loss (both units) and both recovering instantly of getting back into range - no issues.

With my standard M2P controller, I had to force 2.4GHz if I wanted to stay connected - and even then, there were situations where the goggles lost and the controller either remained OK or was OK as soon as I shut off the goggles.

Please forgive my ignorance, but with the Smart Controller/RE combo, are they both connected at the same time?  When I go to link the goggles, will the SC still be linked?  New to this goggles game but really want them.
2019-2-27
Use props
Mavical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks
2019-3-3
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

roamer105 Posted at 2-24 11:32
I recently got a Smart Remote Controller and have been using it for a few missions over the past week. I also have a set of RE Goggles. All of these missions, I did turn on the RE Goggles as well and used them in conjunction with the SRC. To my surprise, the connection issue/experience is completely different (basically disappeared) with the SRC and RE Goggles. I left all of the occusync controls at AUTO and yet I have NEVER lost connections to my RE or SRC even when flying out to almost 3 miles and on other flights into communication "shadows" (behind mountains) with complete loss (both units) and both recovering instantly of getting back into range - no issues.

Can you confirm if you are linked the the Aircraft with the goggles or are you using the HDMI connection?

Also when you had issues with the standard RC were you linking the googles as the primary or secondary connection?

When linking which one did you link first?

2019-3-6
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.3
United Kingdom

@roamer105

“So, at this point I suspect that the problem is not in the RE (occusync 2) Goggles, but with the standard controller (either hardware - since it has not been fixed, or more likely firmware and DJI simply does not care to fix it). My experience with the SRC demonstrates that the Goggles CAN be made to work/stay connected just fine to the same/similar extent that the SRC can‘

Are you still experiencing good results with the SRC and RE goggles ?

Thanks.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all, if your Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters away with the Goggles RE turned on, please make troubleshooting first:
1. Check if the 5.8G antenna is mounted on the Goggles RE correctly.
2. Check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.

If the issue persists, we recommend to send back the Goggles RE to our official repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index if it is available for you or contact our support team www.dji.com/support. Once the ticket is created, please keep us updated with the case number, we will follow up, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
Porktree
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this mainly an issue with the M2 Zoom, or is the Pro equally affected.  I haven't noticed an issue with my Pro - but I haven't had the opportunity to test it past 500 meters.  Also, I was looking in the settings and can find no place to specify using 5.8 or 2.4 - I *feel* like I went through every menu option.
edit: I was able to test this last night, I was able to get 1500 meters with no issue - I stopped because I was getting high wind warnings.  This was with the pagoda antenae.  I still don't know how to adjust the radio to 5.8/2.4.
2019-3-21
Use props
buddhaholic420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174865 ft
United States

I had the same issue with Mavic 2 Pro. New RE goggles interfered with controller. I was hoping this was resolved by now.
2019-5-24
Use props
kostasgur
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016867 ft
  • >>>
Greece

SK Posted at 2018-11-5 21:40
Dear DJI Susan,

Please be advised that I have the same issue with my DJI Goggles RE + Mavic 2 Pro.

I have exactly the same problem with my goggles re and mavic 2 pro..
2019-5-25
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

not just the Goggles should be sent in. the drone and controller also.
2019-5-26
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

c
2019-6-2
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 805751 ft

Any update on this or confirmation from other SmartController users? I have the SC and have been contemplating the goggles, but am a tad spooked.
2019-9-13
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

You have to use patch antenna I think if not you need to go into Manual frequency.
2019-9-13
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

I'm still trying to figure out if the RE is only effected with the mavic 2 or are the white Goggles also effected?
2019-12-2
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

I'm holding back on buying either u till I get a clear pic what has happened since last year's moaning. Any updates and what about my above question?
2019-12-2
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

Anyone? Or everyone just gave up?
2019-12-6
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drone2020 Posted at 12-2 23:40
I'm still trying to figure out if the RE is only effected with the mavic 2 or are the white Goggles also effected?

White goggles have no issues with MP or M2

Smart Controller does not fix the problem if you don't use the pagoda.

Using Smart Controller you can use the HDMI out connect to the goggles.

2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_GHBtOOZvYG9k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288963 ft
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-10-31 06:16
Can you explain further how this is a scam? I've used the Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro without any issues.

What country did you buy your goggles because here in the US it seems everyone is having issues?
2019-12-10
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 805751 ft
Canada

djiuser_GHBtOOZvYG9k Posted at 12-10 20:20
What country did you buy your goggles because here in the US it seems everyone is having issues?

I'm considering buying the RE goggles for use with my M2Z but am reluctant to take the plunge until I know for a fact that DJI has sorted out the bugs detailed here.
2019-12-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6765b5ea Posted at 12-18 11:06
I'm considering buying the RE goggles for use with my M2Z but am reluctant to take the plunge until I know for a fact that DJI has sorted out the bugs detailed here.

The bugs have not been sorted out. The goggles Re's will work, just short range.
When I first got my zoom I could only get out about 700ft. someone
suggested putting an antenna on the goggles and now I get close to
2200 ft. Still well short of the 2 plus miles I get with the original MP
flying in the same area.
2019-12-18
Use props
Zalastar
lvl.1

United States

Aaronjc Posted at 2018-11-8 00:36
Hi all guys :
             Did you see this share report , https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171765&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D540%26typeid%3D540
            Goggle  RE seems work well with Mavic zoom ?

Does that mean I have to move to an island or to the jungle where there is probably zero interference to get a decent signal? I have this same issue and i just got a pair of goggles from Ebay
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules