Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie - Best Free Video Editing Software?
12Next >
26627 56 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clarky_Eire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67405 ft

Ireland

Hi Guys..

John here from Ireland, Im new to the drone scene and recently bought myself the DJI SPARK Fly More Combo.

Can you tell me what is the best free software I can use for editing my video's, any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

John
2018-10-31
Use props
AcesFull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54265 ft
United States

I use Davinci Resolve. I've tried many free ones and like this one best far and above many others. There are a ton of youtube videos to learn how to use it.
2018-10-31
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There really isn't one best video editor. You can find a list of commonly used video editors here.
2018-10-31
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

Definitely Davinci Resolve! It has so many features but it is free!
2018-10-31
Use props
Clarky_Eire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67405 ft

Ireland

Downloaded DaVinci Resolve, anytime I load my clips into it there is lots of latency in the clip. Any ideas?

Totally new to editing so bare with me, it looks mind boggling!
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendations on Editing software. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-31
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I have HitFilm Express. Don't know why I don't have DaVinci Resolve.
2018-10-31
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want to give DaVinci Resolve a shot, here's a good video tutorial on editing your first video in DaVinci Resolve:

2018-10-31
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-31 10:12
There really isn't one best video editor. You can find a list of commonly used video editors here.

I agree! Some even use 2 or more editors to achieve desired results.
2018-10-31
Use props
norbert a.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83543 ft
Germany

If you are using MacOS then you should use iMovie.
2018-10-31
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Davinci Resolve
2018-11-4
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Clarky_Eire Posted at 10-31 11:59
Downloaded DaVinci Resolve, anytime I load my clips into it there is lots of latency in the clip. Any ideas?

Use the options within Davinci Resolve to provide lower resolutions during editing & create a 'cache' of the video. I forget the exact process - search online for more info.  
2018-11-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Gonna try Davinci.. thanks for the hint
2018-11-5
Use props
navigato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264495 ft
Italy

DR15 is a very good software.
2018-11-5
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I opted for KineMaster for my Android tablet and it works quite nicely thanks - but then I am still very much a noob at this.

Kinemaster

Kinemaster
2018-11-5
Use props
Nina.DG
lvl.2

United States

Davinci Resolve is indeed a very powerful piece of software. Requires a powerful machine too, though.
iMovie is probably the ultimate choice for Mac.  And for Windows PC, VSDC worth trying. Here is a list of free drone video editors, fyi.
2018-11-7
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Nina.DG Posted at 11-7 03:53
Davinci Resolve is indeed a very powerful piece of software. Requires a powerful machine too, though.
iMovie is probably the ultimate choice for Mac.  And for Windows PC, VSDC worth trying. Here is a list of free drone video editors, fyi.

Davinci Resolve turned out to be a master in crashes.. Running a i7 with 12GB RAM and 500 GB SSD and a 8GB GPU ... It still crashes.. Can't make it work properly for more than 3 minutes.. Any help found on the nett won't help either..

I kinda like Lightworks, but its limited in its output in the free version. I am gonna try Hitfilm and Blender.. Got some high expectations on the Blender since is Open Source.. (Same as GIMP, and that one works very well as photo editor)
2018-11-9
Use props
Adraedan
New

United Kingdom

There are a lot of options. If you're a total newbie, I'd suggest using something like Shotcut or Avidemux. But if you have had at least some experience with visual software such as Photoshop or Corel Draw, you should easily grasp Blender or Lightworks. <a >Here's</a> a nice list of the most popular free video editing software. I wouldn't go with the paid options since the free versions have more than enough of the functionality for me.
2019-4-8
Use props
Wlee2060
lvl.2

China

As for the best free video editing software for newbie, you can try Avidemux (for Windows or Mac) or iMovie (for Mac only). I've tried them, very easy to use and the interface is friendly, good options for beginners. If you're not happy with free ones since almost of them will be feature-limited and the quality might not be quite good, you can try this video cutter for Windows or Mac that I'm using now. Still satisfied with it so far.
2019-5-5
Use props
chaseapaul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9193 ft

France

I have had some good work with OpenShot. running on Linux.... Windows it was a bit of a chain crasher, but Buntu it was a champ.
2019-5-8
Use props
Jericho January
New

United States

Here I would recommend iMovie for mac and TunesKit free video cutter for both mac and win. It is a most easy-to-use free video editor for beginners to trim and merge video clips like a pro. Quickly to remove unwanted parts such as commercials, blank contents for kinds of video clips.
2019-6-13
Use props
Mohak
New

India

Hi John, I understand what you're going through. I was in a similar situation a few days back and i would personally recommend  - Openshot. It is free of cost and will meet all your requirements. There are plenty of other softwares available in the market right now. I would suggest that you go through this list once and maybe you will be able to find something better than Openshot. Go to  - http s://beebom.com/15-best-video-editing-software/
2019-6-20
Use props
Ken0000
lvl.1

Philippines

HI John,
I want to share to you the tool that I'm using, eventhough there are lots of video editors that you can find on the internet only few can meet the standard that you need. You can have this tool called "Beecut", you can use it not only on desktop but also on your Android and iOS devices.
2019-6-25
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Clarky_Eire Posted at 2018-10-31 11:59

When you have loaded your clip, right click and choose "Generate Optimized Media"
Check this out for further tips

2019-6-26
Use props
MisterShaver
lvl.1

United States

margvrDRmoz2015 Posted at 7-4 22:44
I usually edit my videos with free online tools unless it's a paid project or something. It saves a lot of space on my laptop's drive. Sometimes I convert videos on the go. I mostly deal with TikTok video editing and you can download them via a certain tool that I like, check it out. So basically it's about saving space and being fast for me as videoblogger.

I think it depends on every man's habits. Online editing tools are great, but when you edit your videos on your mac with iMovie for years, then no one can stop you continue doing so.
2019-7-8
Use props
Paul2281
New

Russia

If you are a beginner so just register on any online video editor website. Then you can find a lot of tutorials using tools for editing videos.

I've used a lot of time this editor: Kapwing  . And if in the future you want to post them on Instagram or Facebook, just easy to use crop templates for them. So now I look for the more cheapest version of these services like Pixiko.
2019-7-31
Use props
jameswdj96
New

United Kingdom

You can use this WeVideo. It works really great.  https://couponupto.com/coupons/wevideo
2019-7-31
Use props
TikTokVideosDownloaders
New

India

Hey,
We make a user friendly platform for tiktok stars ❤️ tiktokvideosdownloaders.com
Just go and click on this website to download tiktok video without a watermark. you can search any user profile and download video and music. free and fully user friendly.

If any query dm me.

Thanks
2019-11-24
Use props
JustineJake
New

Philippines

Yes! you can use the https://lightmv.com/ to edit your video. This is perfect software for you.
2019-12-15
Use props
Anubhav
New

India

Today Guys I Told Best Free Video Editing Software For Your Smartphone let listen carefully friends KineMaster is a free or paid app for best editing software for editing purpose if you want do editing any video so you should download the KineMaster application on play store in your mobile if you want remove applicaton logo without pay any fee so you can go any moded site and download easily cracked version on Kinemaster and enjoy the editing features ithink iam share my best knowledge and you understood well if you not understood ten you can comment in my post thanks for readin.
You Want Download Tik Tok Video Then Click This Link
2020-1-23
Use props
Anubhav
New

India

http://tiktokvideodownload.online/
2020-1-23
Use props
Madmen
New

Netherlands

Hello all,

I would like to recommend the Tiktok video editing tool, and then downloading without watermark from www.tiktokvideosaver.com.
This is the most intuitive and stable website around for this purpose, and completely free to use. Enjoy!

Cheers
2020-3-3
Use props
Madmen
New

Netherlands

The link is: www.tiktokvideosaver.com
2020-3-3
Use props
indiepict
New

Ukraine

navigato Posted at 2018-11-5 07:47
DR15 is a very good software.

Yes, that's true
2020-3-4
Use props
markhascole1
New

Pakistan

Helpful thread
2020-3-28
Use props
CTT Channel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

iMovie if you have mac...Check the vdo I posted to get an idea...
2020-3-28
Use props
dougjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 581073 ft
Canada

+1  Davinci Resolve. I am using ver16
2020-3-28
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

dougjeff Posted at 3-28 11:22
+1  Davinci Resolve. I am using ver16

I need to try this one
2020-4-4
Use props
Jerry Smit
lvl.1

China

I love Joyoshare Video Joiner. When I made videos the first time, my friend recommended Joyoshare to me. It is easy to use. As a newbie, I am amazed that I can use it really well. You can edit video without hassle.
2020-6-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://filecr.com/windows/davinci-resolve/

You can try, if you like it, but it...or not

2020-6-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced