Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Extend recording times?
794 4 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Razgriz1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

Good afternoon everyone?

I did my first long shoot with my OM2 yesterday and I noticed that periodically it would stop recording, stating that I had reached the file size limit. I know on my Phantom 3, a new file just seamlessly starts recording, but on my OM2, the recording just stops on a dime, and I have to hit my shutter/record button again to start filming again.

Is there a way to extend the file size limitations, or at the very least, tell the OM2 to keep recording under a different file name?

Raz
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. The storage of the file would depend on the capability of the spaces that you have on your mobile device. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-5
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 15:07
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. The storage of the file would depend on the capability of the spaces that you have on your mobile device. Thank you for the support.

I understand, but I had over 100 GB free on my device. When I record from my Phantom 3, once I reach the max filesize (2GB if memory serves), it continues recording without missing a frame, just to a new file.

When I record on my OM2, the recording cuts out when it reaches a certain point, but I have to re-trigger the shutter button in order to start recording again. I just lost a minute or two of valuable footage from my last project because I didn't see recording had stopped. Not a huge deal, I was just hoping that because I use DJI Go for both my Phantom 3 and my OM2, it would behave similarly with both devices.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Razgriz1 Posted at 11-7 09:47
I understand, but I had over 100 GB free on my device. When I record from my Phantom 3, once I reach the max filesize (2GB if memory serves), it continues recording without missing a frame, just to a new file.

When I record on my OM2, the recording cuts out when it reaches a certain point, but I have to re-trigger the shutter button in order to start recording again. I just lost a minute or two of valuable footage from my last project because I didn't see recording had stopped. Not a huge deal, I was just hoping that because I use DJI Go for both my Phantom 3 and my OM2, it would behave similarly with both devices.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please allow me to coordinate the concern with our team to see if this is a normal process whilst using the Osmo mobile 2. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-8
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.1
United States

Any word on this? It would be most helpful.
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules