Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost connection with no warning and 25m distance
12Next >
2275 44 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110177 ft
Indonesia

Fortunately there was no damage as it was trying to land so I was able to just grab it out of the air.  Best possible scenario given the drone failure but I want to know how to prevent it from happening when I'm not right next to it.

I noticed it was pretty hot and also got pretty hot when downloading the .dat file.

I've downloaded the .dat file to figure out why but it's encrypted.  Can someone help me?
2018-11-1
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Indonesia

Note that the file from DJI GO doesn't have any useful details as it stopped recording when the drone lost connection.  Everything looked normal on its log file.  
2018-11-1
Use props
AlexPapadas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93235 ft
Greece

Unfortunately i have face the same once.Could you upload   your flight details ?
2018-11-1
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here's the log from my phone:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/SY9FPRH1N925OG1R96QJ/
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ryanwalexander, we're sorry for reading your post. Just to verify, is there any obvious damage on the drone? You may connect with DJI GO 4 and check if there is an error message.

For the lost connection, you may export the flight records, corresponding flight data in the aircraft and log in the RC, we'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thank you!
2018-11-1
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 02:56
Hi Ryanwalexander, we're sorry for reading your post. Just to verify, is there any obvious damage on the drone? You may connect with DJI GO 4 and check if there is an error message.

For the lost connection, you may export the flight records, corresponding flight data in the aircraft and log in the RC, we'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for your response.  No damage to the drone fortunately - it's never been crashed or mishandled.

I tried exporting the .dat file from the AC and uploaded it with Assistant 2 - can you confirm that it happened correctly.  I'm not sure how to do the same with the RC.  Is that just the synchronize function in the app?

I already posted the flight log as you can see above.  Instructions would be really appreciated!

Thank you,
Ryan
2018-11-1
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Ryan,

Nothing abnormal in this flight record.
It stops with your MA at a height of 22.9 meters.

You said you grab it out of the air....but how at that height?

I think only your mobile device was disconnect from the RC but you were in control using the RC.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-1 03:18
Hello,

Thanks for your response.  No damage to the drone fortunately - it's never been crashed or mishandled.

Thanks for getting back to us. For the DAT files, it is recommended to export and upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with us. Regarding the flight records, we do not support to analyze the data from the third party software, please kindly send us the original file for further follow-up, thank you!
For the RC log, please refer to the below screenshot and export the log, it will be ok.
1.png
2018-11-1
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 19:10
Thanks for getting back to us. For the DAT files, it is recommended to export and upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with us. Regarding the flight records, we do not support to analyze the data from the third party software, please kindly send us the original file for further follow-up, thank you!
For the RC log, please refer to the below screenshot and export the log, it will be ok.

Thank you.  I'll upload as soon as my internet is good enough.  Did the upload from DJI assistant not go through?

To answer the other question, I didn't grab it at 27m height - it was force landing and unresponsive to the RC so I grabbed it out of the air before it could crash into the uneven ground it was heading towards.
2018-11-2
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan, here's the link to the RC .txt files.  There were 3 of them and I don't have a way to tell which is which.  I've zipped them to reduce file size.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... B1/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you can or can't access it in the shared link.
2018-11-3
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 19:10

DJI Susan, here's the link to the RC .txt files.  There were 3 of them and I don't have a way to tell which is which.  I've zipped them to reduce file size.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... B1/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you can or can't access it in the shared link.

Am I good to try flying again or should I not?
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-3 05:12

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11-FbIeXSNpcnIUEVHkktVd085puZ0gB1/view?usp=sharing

Received with thanks! It seems that there are only the RC logs, right? I'm afraid that the data upload in DJI Assistant 2 may not work well, we sincerely suggest to save the DAT file to the local and upload to share.
2018-11-4
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 11-4 00:37
Received with thanks! It seems that there are only the RC logs, right? I'm afraid that the data upload in DJI Assistant 2 may not work well, we sincerely suggest to save the DAT file to the local and upload to share.

DJI Susan, here is the corresponding AC log.  

here
I also downloaded a bunch of other files from gimbal, system, etc.  Let me know if you think those should help.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-4 21:08
DJI Susan, here is the corresponding AC log.  

here

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to review and will keep following up.
Also, it is not recommended to fly the drone for now as we're not sure the disconnection reason for now. Safety is always the top priority, thank you!
2018-11-5
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 11-5 02:29
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to review and will keep following up.
Also, it is not recommended to fly the drone for now as we're not sure the disconnection reason for now. Safety is always the top priority, thank you!

Hi there, any update?
2018-11-13
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Philippines

I want to add that every time I fly the drone it asks for a compass recalibration. It's a bit annoying and I didn't have this issue with any of the MPs that I used.  Is this normal for MA?
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just got an update from our engineers that they need the System partition log of the aircraft. Could you refer to the below screenshot and check again? Thank you!
1.png
2018-11-14
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

I have asked this question before, once the signal is lost how does the drone know where is the home?
2018-11-14
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.4

United States

I have asked this question before, once the signal is lost how does the drone know where is home?
2018-11-14
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like  you had it on land mode for lost of connection, try setting it to RTH for lost connection.
2018-11-14
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

jcflyer23 Posted at 11-14 04:30
I have asked this question before, once the signal is lost how does the drone know where is home?

By returning to the GPS location it recorded when it took off.
2018-11-14
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.4

United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 11-14 05:04
By returning to the GPS location it recorded when it took off.

That's the part I didn't understand if the signal is lost how can it know where to go?
2018-11-14
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 02:46
Just got an update from our engineers that they need the System partition log of the aircraft. Could you refer to the below screenshot and check again? Thank you!

One of these is the system log (along with all the others).  I shared links earlier but I don't think they were accessible.  Pasted again the same way that I did the first one.

Can you let me know if you can access it? I downloaded them all when I connected.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... vf/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... tv/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... No/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... so/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... jd/view?usp=sharing

I'd love to see the contents of these files - is there a utility I can use to decode them? That would be much preferred over waiting to hear back from your engineers.

Thank you,
Ryan
2018-11-14
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

jcflyer23 Posted at 11-14 19:33
That's the part I didn't understand if the signal is lost how can it know where to go?

If it loses GPS signal and RC signal it can't return home.  It is, however, able to use its internal GPS as long as it has GPS signal to fly back to the homepoint when it is set to do so after losing RC connection AND it is working properly.
2018-11-14
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.4

United States

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-14 20:26
If it loses GPS signal and RC signal it can't return home.  It is, however, able to use its internal GPS as long as it has GPS signal to fly back to the homepoint when it is set to do so after losing RC connection AND it is working properly.

Ok now I understand and that makes sense, thanks.
2018-11-15
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

jcflyer23 Posted at 11-15 04:27
Ok now I understand and that makes sense, thanks.

NP.  You should take a look through the manual if you haven't.  There's lots of great info in it.
2018-11-15
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

please link aircraft  to DJI Assistant 2 software, and export System LOG, send LOG to us for analysising, thanks.
2018-11-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

jcflyer23 Posted at 11-14 19:33

Because the GPS Rx is in the drone, not the RC
2018-11-15
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

neonadler@hotmail.com Posted at 11-15 04:49
please link aircraft  to DJI Assistant 2 software, and export System LOG, send LOG to us for analysising, thanks.

It is uploaded and downloadable in post #23.  Were you unable to find it in there?
2018-11-15
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.4

United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 11-15 04:50
Because the GPS Rx is in the drone, not the RC

Now this make even more sense thanks!!!
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-14 20:11
One of these is the system log (along with all the others).  I shared links earlier but I don't think they were accessible.  Pasted again the same way that I did the first one.

Can you let me know if you can access it? I downloaded them all when I connected.

Thanks for the clarification, I've forwarded to our engineers for review.

For the DAT files, you may refer to the tutorial from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Tutorials+V1.0.pdf
2018-11-16
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 01:48
Thanks for the clarification, I've forwarded to our engineers for review.

For the DAT files, you may refer to the tutorial from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Support/Flight+Controller+Data+Analysis+Series+Tutorials+V1.0.pdf

Thank you but it looks like Assistant can't open Mavic Air .dat files because they're encrypted - or is there something I'm doing wrong?

What kind of timing can I expect on the analysis? This is becoming a significant chunk of time with a recommendation not to fly the drone.
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-18 09:03
Thank you but it looks like Assistant can't open Mavic Air .dat files because they're encrypted - or is there something I'm doing wrong?

What kind of timing can I expect on the analysis? This is becoming a significant chunk of time with a recommendation not to fly the drone.

I'm afraid that the encrypted data cannot be opened at your end. The engineers are reviewing your data, I'll keep following up as well.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-18 09:03

What kind of timing can I expect on the analysis? This is becoming a significant chunk of time with a recommendation not to fly the drone.

Update: Our engineers have been aware of the RC issue and they are trying to locate the root cause due to the low recurring probability. So sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-11-20
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 11-20 23:44
Update: Our engineers have been aware of the RC issue and they are trying to locate the root cause due to the low recurring probability. So sorry for the inconvenience.
So you have determined it to be an RC issue. I would really appreciate more details.

This drone was a very expensive purchase for me and it doesn't feel good being told not to fly it by the manufacturer as my warranty period and resale value counts down minute by minute.

What can you do to rectify this?

Thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-22 01:08
So you have determined it to be an RC issue. I would really appreciate more details.

This drone was a very expensive purchase for me and it doesn't feel good being told not to fly it by the manufacturer as my warranty period and resale value counts down minute by minute.

Our engineers are working on it and trying to fix it by the firmware update, please allow them some time, thank you!
2018-11-24
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 01:06
Our engineers are working on it and trying to fix it by the firmware update, please allow them some time, thank you!

Hello, following up again. Do you have an update?
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ryanwalexander Posted at 11-29 02:17
Hello, following up again. Do you have an update?

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry that there is no update for now. We'll release it on our website as soon as it is ready, appreciate your support and patience.
2018-11-30
Use props
Ryanwalexander
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Susan Posted at 11-30 02:34
Hi Ryan, I'm sorry that there is no update for now. We'll release it on our website as soon as it is ready, appreciate your support and patience.

Thanks for your response.

Did you see my post about the compass needing calibration every time I fly. Is that potentially a related issue? Is that normal?
2018-11-30
Use props
fansafdbea66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181634 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem yesterday. And around 35 to 40 meters I lost control of the drone. Luckily the drone did the go home automatically. But I was very worried.
2018-11-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules