What is DJI doing about CAA Restrictions on i2
550 4 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rotor Aerial Cinematography
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The CAA has restricted the Inspire 2 to not fly in within 150m of any congested area.

As a pro user who does this near daily, this will have a massive impact on me financially if it continues.

What are DJI doing to solve the problem and get the restrictions lifted? How long is this likely to take?

Thanks.
2018-11-1
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding your point, but this is nothing new,  and unless you have an exemption to your PFCO will always be the case
2018-11-1
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I've always understood that a person without a PfCO, in charge of a SUSA cannot fly with 150m of a congested area.

If you have a PfCO and a drone under 7KG then this is reduced to 50m.

If your drone is above 7KG then the 150m limit still applies.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
2018-11-1
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Just double checked this and it's correct.

In CAP 722 - Chapter 3 - Page 39:

Standard Permissions
The standard CAA permission for SUA/SUSA in the 7 kg or less category allows flight in congested areas to within 50 metres of persons, structures etc. (or within
30 metres if the persons are under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft). This category of SUA/SUSA cannot fly within 150 metres of open-air assemblies of 1,000 people or more where only a standard permission has been granted.
2018-11-1
Use props
markiet1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

The safety notice from the CAA is (typically!) confusing, it does seem to indicate that any permissions to fly over or closer than 150M of a congested area are now suspended until further notice, although it is confusing as it also mentions an OSC for this in the same paragraph.

Mark
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules