#TELLO 20+MPH Wind
Home / TELLO /
930 3 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly74
lvl.2

United States

With all the rain spoiling Halloween yesterday I decided to brave some strong noth winds today and test out the #TELLO ability to fly in 20mph wind.  Let's say not a smart thing to do, but I was very careful to give myself a clear landing projection if the wind did start to take over... I was successful at getting a couple of photos and fly a full battery with only once having to "hurry" land before the wind forced the drone out of control or into a tree.  Was amazing to see it still hover really well despite the hard gust of wind.  I think with some of the bigger drones, they may have more powerful motors can fly in stong wind but I start thinking of surface area and that being larger the wind can actually take them away easier... I do not the science or if that is the case just a thought.  Anyone have scientific answers... or best guess I would love to hear your thoughts.

a20181101_140820.jpg b20181101_140820.jpg
2018-11-1
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Thanks for posting your results and the pics.
I have only flown in light breezes and the Tello has always performed well.

The Tello does not have brushless motors, I am new to drones, would  working the motors that hard, likely shorten their life span?
2018-11-1
Use props
Fly74
lvl.2

United States

Keego63 Posted at 11-1 14:10
Thanks for posting your results and the pics.
I have only flown in light breezes and the Tello has always performed well.

I don't know anything about the mechanics of the drones... just a blast to fly.  I imagine it is not a wise thing to do.
2018-11-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fast speed for such a small drone - cool shots too
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now