Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

November 1/2018
Recently reported occasional failures aside, TB50 batteries firmware issue is still messed up and confusing. Even more confusing when you attempt to swap paired sets with two compatible aircrafts, Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series that is. Apparently 01.00.00.71 is the FW version accepted by both aircrafts. However, when I try to control Inspire 2 with Pilot (assumingly possible after recent release of 1.0.1 final app version), the app is reporting dreaded Inconsistent Firmware Found message, prompting for update. Accepting this prompt results in ... downgrading battery FW to a previous .65 version! Which is making them incompatible with M200 firmware, and the dance with firmware inconsistency issue begin again ...

Gee, are we ever going to get these things sorted out and start flying our machines with confidence?
2018-11-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Matthew
Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with this. Is this because you are using the enterprise DJI Pilot App?  Or are you using the Go4 App//// or both?

It must be the App that is driving the inconsistence FW issue IMO

edit:
Now they released the M2 enterprise package (kit) that uses the Pilot App, but I cannot find the download for it yet
Rich
2018-11-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-1 20:40
Hi Matthew
Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with this. Is this because you are using the enterprise DJI Pilot App?  Or are you using the Go4 App//// or both?

Rich, I have no idea what is causing this never ending dance with Inconsistent Firmware. Yes. I'm experimenting with DJI Pilot app recently, trying to use it to monitor either Inspire or M200, both with Cendence RC and CrystalSky. So far M200 is behaving nicely, no issue whatsoever. But the same batteries on Inspire are triggering this message. I think Pilot is not really compatible with Inspire 2 yet, perhaps due to issues with .001 firmware on my bird. BTW Mad_angler1 is also mentioning this mysterious M2E package to be released soon.
2018-11-1
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-1 21:29
Rich, I have no idea what is causing this never ending dance with Inconsistent Firmware. Yes. I'm experimenting with DJI Pilot app recently, trying to use it to monitor either Inspire or M200, both with Cendence RC and CrystalSky. So far M200 is behaving nicely, no issue whatsoever. But the same batteries on Inspire are triggering this message. I think Pilot is not really compatible with Inspire 2 yet, perhaps due to issues with .001 firmware on my bird. BTW Mad_angler1 is also mentioning this mysterious M2E package to be released soon.

Matthew,

The M2E is not a kit, it's short for Mavic 2 Enterprise.
Basically it's the same app to be used with the M2xx series and the Mavic2 Enterprise.

As it seems Pilot App 1.01 is undergoing further developiment to fully support the M2E and hopefully fixes the dreaded battery FW mismatch you are experiencing.
2018-11-1
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 11-1 20:40
Hi Matthew

Rich,

if you were looking for the Pilot App 1.01, it can be downloaded from here:
https://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series/info#downloads
2018-11-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Keule Posted at 11-1 22:09
Matthew,

The M2E is not a kit, it's short for Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Oh, I see. Anyway, this battery FW mismatch issue between Inspire and Matrice was declared as solved in .0200 FW release notes, but apparently not in .0100 my bird is on. I guess we must wait for .0300 official release and perhaps more tweaks inside Pilot app.  
2018-11-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-1 21:29
Rich, I have no idea what is causing this never ending dance with Inconsistent Firmware. Yes. I'm experimenting with DJI Pilot app recently, trying to use it to monitor either Inspire or M200, both with Cendence RC and CrystalSky. So far M200 is behaving nicely, no issue whatsoever. But the same batteries on Inspire are triggering this message. I think Pilot is not really compatible with Inspire 2 yet, perhaps due to issues with .001 firmware on my bird. BTW Mad_angler1 is also mentioning this mysterious M2E package to be released soon.

Matthew

I hope that DJI can solve this issue soon with the new DJI Go4 App 4.3.4 that will be released anytime. All I was trying to say in my last post is,  the battery FW issue could be from going between the Matrice  DJI Go App or (Pilot App) and the DJI Go 4 App. Also, DJI has so many drones  being controlled by these same Apps, there are bugs that happen everytime they make changes to something in the App.

So we have two things working against us:
FW changes
App changes

Rich
2018-11-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 11-1 22:13
Rich,

if you were looking for the Pilot App 1.01, it can be downloaded from here:

Thank you, I have requested more information on the new M2E package

We will see what happens  

Rich
2018-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-2 07:07
Thank you, I have requested more information on the new M2E package

We will see what happens  

And - don't forget - they have 2 operating systems to deal with: iOS and Android, to make things more complicated. Android version alone is offered in two incarnations: one for mobiles and another for CrystalSky! I'm not sure if any organization is able to efficiently control such complex scenario anymore.

The monstrosity of DJI Go 4 app is the thing some of us is signalling for a long time. DJI Pilot app is the way to go. This is stripped from almost 1GB size of Go 4 to a mere 127MB, simplified camera drone controlling environment. We have a toddler of DJI Pilot app for Matrice200 series already. Customizing this basic concept into versions for each and every family of aircrafts may be the answer to make our life with DJI easier.

That said, ironing out all the FW wrinkles first is a must for now.
2018-11-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-2 11:14
And - don't forget - they have 2 operating systems to deal with: iOS and Android, to make things more complicated. Android version alone is offered in two incarnations: one for mobiles and another for CrystalSky! I'm not sure if any organization is able to efficiently control such complex scenario anymore.

The monstrosity of DJI Go 4 app is the thing some of us is signalling for a long time. DJI Pilot app is the way to go. This is stripped from almost 1GB size of Go 4 to a mere 127MB, simplified camera drone controlling environment. We have a toddler of DJI Pilot app for Matrice200 series already. Customizing this basic concept into versions for each and every family of aircrafts may be the answer to make our life with DJI easier.

Matthew
Agree totally... also the iOS has iPad and iPhone versions  

Did you get the DJI email notice today regarding the TB50 and TB55 batteries? Looks like they will have a new FW in about 2 weeks

Rich
2018-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-2 16:36
Matthew
Agree totally... also the iOS has iPad and iPhone versions  

Nope, DJI is not aware of my existence ... Perhaps because my Inspire 2 was activated by a dealer before test flights.
2018-11-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-2 17:02
Nope, DJI is not aware of my existence  ... Perhaps because my Inspire 2 was activated by a dealer before test flights.

Matthew
The dealer should have used your email address to activate it!  Anyway, I have forwarded the information to you by email

Rich
2018-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-2 20:24
Matthew
The dealer should have used your email address to activate it!  Anyway, I have forwarded the information to you by email

Thanks for supplied info, it's all over this forum anyway.

As for my Inspire's activation, it's entirely my fault. I clearly stated that i'm not paying until the bird is thoroughly field tested in my presence. First un-boxed Inspire didn't pass hovering stability. Second did, and I'm a happy camper since. However, both Inspires had to be activated at the store before purchase, and that's why the dealer refused to use my account. Irrelevant compromise, IMHO.  
2018-11-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-2 22:19
Thanks for supplied info, it's all over this forum anyway.

As for my Inspire's activation, it's entirely my fault. I clearly stated that i'm not paying until the bird is thoroughly field tested in my presence. First un-boxed Inspire didn't pass hovering stability. Second did, and I'm a happy camper since. However, both Inspires had to be activated at the store before purchase, and that's why the dealer refused to use my account. Irrelevant compromise, IMHO.

You are welcome.
I remember now that you traveled to find a dealer to let you verify the flight characteristics before your purchase.

All the best
Rich
2018-11-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-3 08:39
You are welcome.
I remember now that you traveled to find a dealer to let you verify the flight characteristics before your purchase.

Rich, I'll never purchase any DJI product without scrutinized personal test drive, period. That's why I never purchase online, with exception to some parts and accessories. Still, I'm always negotiating my right to replace faulty item. Loud and clear, up front. All my birds were picked up by myself at a dealership in Calgary, 300 km away. Field test(s) including, that translates to a 2-day trip with hotel accommodation. As inconvenient as it is, this strategy works for me by far.
2018-11-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-3 11:40
Rich, I'll never purchase any DJI product without scrutinized personal test drive, period. That's why I never purchase online, with exception to some parts and accessories. Still, I'm always negotiating my right to replace faulty item. Loud and clear, up front. All my birds were picked up by myself at a dealership in Calgary, 300 km away. Field test(s) including, that translates to a 2-day trip with hotel accommodation. As inconvenient as it is, this strategy works for me by far.

I totally understand. I have gotten burned a few times myself. I Purchased my Inspire 2 from BestBuy and had to return it for another one (for a good one). The P4P was returned 3 times until I got a good one.  
I purchased my M2P at DJI store and it has an unbalanced camera gimbal (when powered off). DJI told me it is normal...  So I guess that is that.

I will purchase the M2E from an reputable dealer, but not to the measures you go to.  Wish we had someone close that would offer the same service that you are getting 300km away.

Rich
2018-11-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-3 14:41
I totally understand. I have gotten burned a few times myself. I Purchased my Inspire 2 from BestBuy and had to return it for another one (for a good one). The P4P was returned 3 times until I got a good one.  
I purchased my M2P at DJI store and it has an unbalanced camera gimbal (when powered off). DJI told me it is normal...  So I guess that is that.

Perhaps my charming personality does the trick when dealing with my nearest DJI reseller ...
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Matthew Dobrski. Thanks you for reaching the DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this to us. DJI is investigating reports that a small number of TB50 and TB55 batteries have shown incorrect power levels that have led to loss of power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are our top priorities, and we are advising customers to fly with caution when operating their drones equipped with these batteries. In addition, DJI is working on a firmware update that will provide improvements to flight safety for the affected drones. . Read the full article here: https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... batteries-in-drones . Thank you for your support.
2018-11-4
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
South Africa

Hi DJI Stephen, Great for replying to Matthew.  We also received the email about the T55 and T50 batteries.  That email went out to several people in different countries a while back * I think it is about two weeks already.  SO please - my question is till when are we going to be grounded for this T50 f/w??  - in the email DJI says in about two weeks - but starting when?  It is for some people already past the two weeks!

Sorry - please redirect me if there is another thread for the T50/T55 grounding warning
2018-11-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-3 16:02
Perhaps my charming personality does the trick when dealing with my nearest DJI reseller ...

Matthew,

I updated my Inspire 2 with the new .300 FW which has updates for the batteries. As you know the Go 4 App does not tell you the battery FW version. However the DJI battery station does tell you all the information about the battery. After updating everything the batteries are on FW v1.0.0.71.  This is the same version as inspire 2 FW .200
I also checked for the new Assistant 2 for DJI Battery Station software and there are no updates and the battery version is the same v1.0.0.71

How did you do with the M200?

Rich
   I am confused now
2018-11-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-20 10:07
Matthew,

I updated my Inspire 2 with the new .300 FW which has updates for the batteries. As you know the Go 4 App does not tell you the battery FW version. However the DJI battery station does tell you all the information about the battery. After updating everything the batteries are on FW v1.0.0.71.  This is the same version as inspire 2 FW .200

I didn't do anything, being busy with different project. To my knowledge DJI charging station FW is not updated yet to address TB50/55 batteries issues, but that's not my problem since I don't owe such device. I will try to upgrade FW for both Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 soon.

And yes, all this is very confusing and uncertain for now, as usual in our life with DJI.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules