1550 14 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveT86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146870 ft
Italy

Hi all,

I've just received my new mavic air (refreshed with dji care because my first one unfortunatly crashed 1 month ago - birds ). My new mavic flyes ok but when I select quickshots mode I ve noticed few problems. For Example:

Dronie mode: the mavic is very slow gaining the distance and the altitude during the shot, and when the shot is finished it does not come back to the start point. It descends and hovers about 4 meters over the ground. Suddenly it tries to come back very slowly (about 0,6 km/h). I had not this problem with my first mavic air.

Helix or circle mode: same problem described above, the mavic doesn't come back to the start point.

I've already did a factory reset, reinstalling FW with DJI ASSISTANT 2 but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions? or do I have to give the drone back again for assistance?

Thank you.

Steve
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Steve, we're may I have the version number of the aircraft, controller and App? Could you upload the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft? Please also provide us with the last case number, we'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help, thank you!
2018-11-2
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-2 01:06
Hi Steve, we're may I have the version number of the aircraft, controller and App? Could you upload the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft? Please also provide us with the last case number, we'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help, thank you!

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply. Here follow the details requested:

Aircraft Firmware:  v01.00.0500
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.0

Do you need the aircraft video or a 3rd person video showing the aircraft dropping down the dronie and hovering instead of coming back to the start point?  I will post the flight log this evening. Flight log is clean no errors or messages.

I had no problems with my first mavic air. This mavic air was refreshed with dji care.

Await your reply, thanks,
Steve
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-2 01:58
Hi Susan, thanks for your reply. Here follow the details requested:

Aircraft Firmware:  v01.00.0500

Received with thanks! It will be better to upload the aircraft video, flight records and the flight data in the aircraft. Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us, I'll forward to our engineers to review, thank you!
2018-11-2
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-2 04:46
Received with thanks! It will be better to upload the aircraft video, flight records and the flight data in the aircraft. Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us, I'll forward to our engineers to review, thank you!

Hi Susan, could you please explain how to retrieve flight data from the aircraft? ok for the video and log I am able to do it but not for the flight data. Thank you
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-2 05:59
Hi Susan, could you please explain how to retrieve flight data from the aircraft? ok for the video and log I am able to do it but not for the flight data. Thank you

Please choose Log Export on the left side, tick the date when the issue appears, then choose Save to Local. It will be better to export the Flight Records&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System module.
2018-11-4
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-4 00:17
Please choose Log Export on the left side, tick the date when the issue appears, then choose Save to Local. It will be better to export the Flight Records&Sensing, Navigation, Gimbal, Camera and System module.

Do I have to retrieve these datas from the PC? or from what?

Thanks.
Steve
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-5 01:37
Do I have to retrieve these datas from the PC? or from what?

Thanks.

Yes, the data will be saved in the local of your PC, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us, thanks!
2018-11-6
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-6 02:13
Yes, the data will be saved in the local of your PC, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us, thanks!

Hi Susan, the issue seems to be resolved. If I drag a box around the subject and press "GO" the mavic will perform with a normal speed the quickshot and then come back to the start point following same path. If I don't drag the box but I press on the green dot the drone will perform very slowly the quickshot. I think correct way to start a quickshot is dragging a box around a delinate subject. Could you please confirm this? Thanks for help
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-7 08:57
Hi Susan, the issue seems to be resolved. If I drag a box around the subject and press "GO" the mavic will perform with a normal speed the quickshot and then come back to the start point following same path. If I don't drag the box but I press on the green dot the drone will perform very slowly the quickshot. I think correct way to start a quickshot is dragging a box around a delinate subject. Could you please confirm this? Thanks for help

Received with thanks! We're checking the exact status and see whether this can be reproduced at our end.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-7 08:57
Hi Susan, the issue seems to be resolved. If I drag a box around the subject and press "GO" the mavic will perform with a normal speed the quickshot and then come back to the start point following same path. If I don't drag the box but I press on the green dot the drone will perform very slowly the quickshot. I think correct way to start a quickshot is dragging a box around a delinate subject. Could you please confirm this? Thanks for help

Hi Steve, I just got an update from our engineers that the first operation is to select the subject manually, but the second is to select the subject automatically. For the second operation, the performance will be better if you select a close target. Hope this helps.
2018-11-11
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 20:10
Hi Steve, I just got an update from our engineers that the first operation is to select the subject manually, but the second is to select the subject automatically. For the second operation, the performance will be better if you select a close target. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much the issue has been resolved. I have another problem but I ll open a new thread soon. Thanks
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-13 02:02
Thank you very much the issue has been resolved. I have another problem but I ll open a new thread soon. Thanks

That's ok. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-11-14
Use props
SteveT86
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 01:57
That's ok. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

yes, I have an other issue regarding the mavic air horizon that is tilted. I have few questions to ask to you, should I open a new thread or can I ask here?
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveT86 Posted at 11-14 02:38
yes, I have an other issue regarding the mavic air horizon that is tilted. I have few questions to ask to you, should I open a new thread or can I ask here?

It will be better to ask here directly so that I can keep following up.
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules