Pc assistant App does not let me calibrate center
2102 13 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello everyone. Today i tried to calibrate the center of my Ronin-M BUT once i press the button: calibrate center a pop-up window appear. If i follow the commands on it, still, the same pop up window appear. I tried by bringing the pan axis to 0 and nothing. In the picutre i have attached you can see what i mean. at the moment, as soon as i put the remote control switch to smooth track the pan axis is slowly drifting to the right. Have i done something wrong? I will try Re-Balancing that axis again.

Let me know if anyone has having this issue as well Thanks

popup2.jpg
2015-6-2
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

Are you using your remote controller right tap to position the gimbal center first? Being center is subjective since it all depends on how you balanced the rig in the first place.
2015-6-2
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mydaddy, first of all, thank you for your reply. greatly appreciated

What happen is: When i toggle the MODE switch to the 3rd position: (reset to center, smooth track ON) the pan axis in stead of going to 0 ( or any number close to it) drifts away of few degrees at the moment is -14 degrees.

But when i go to calibrate the center that window appear as in the picture i posted.

Care to add: The Pan axis do not swing, it is balanced properly. As the rest of the rig. When i place the camera at any angle it stays.

Ok.. Just for the hell of it i tried to move the STAND with the gimbal on it instead of moving the gimbal.. guess what... now the drift is -2.XXX STILL, i don't get the pop-up window to calibrate the center though.. AND if i take the gimbal for a ride with smooth track and put it down on the "newly adjusted stad.. The drifts appear again.. BUT when i try to adjust the drift with smooth track.. Voila, the drift goes away a little bit.. Honestly.. I sart to think that my gimbal knows better than me where it's center is!
2015-6-2
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

edstrand2@gmail Posted at 2015-6-3 06:09
mydaddy, first of all, thank you for your reply. greatly appreciated

What happen is: When i togg ...

well, that's exactly the same problem I am facing currently. I placed another post about it. I don't get the point of that the center depends on how you first placed the rig?!?  If any solution comes up, please share. Thanks.
@mydaddy: you mean that first we need to use the switch right on the remote to autocenter the ronin, yes? so when I'm doing that it is not centered, then I position the switch to middle position and use the controller to center the ronin...then I click yes (or center) in the software and restart the ronin....just that here it is not taking any effect. SOmething wron gin the procedure?
2015-6-3
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

Same window i get too..'click center' but apparently it means 'click yes'. I dont think it works either.
2015-6-3
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

noipego Posted at 2015-6-4 02:40
Same window i get too..'click center' but apparently it means 'click yes'. I dont think it works eit ...

noipego, where did you download the firmware update for the ronin-m? On the download page of the ronin-m does not seems to be there
2015-6-3
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

You can update from upgrade section in dji assistance...i take back my comment for updating before...i also see my firmware still 1.1 althouvh i tried twice
2015-6-3
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United States

Ok, thanks noipego. In all honesty, that issue with the gimbal drifting away and not being able to set center is a bit of an issue that isn't really a big deal, i mean, it is annoying, but after playing arond with the gimbal i came to the conclusion that the best thing to do it would be simply to let the Ronin-m decide where the center is. Still, it is curious that even though the Pan axis can rotate 360 the controller does not allow you to do such a thing..

come to ask, DJI, Any thoughts on it?
2015-6-3
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United States

Little update, on the other thread relating to the same topic, DJI Support 8 wrote this:   

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-2 04:12
    I uploaded a screenvideo demonstrating the problem at least on the software side: http://youtu.be/Dl ...

Hi, click center in the assistant means click yes, the wording here makes user a little confused. We will improve the details. Thanks for the feedback.
Could you check the pan left and right deadband of the ronin?   

So i guess clicking yes it measn we have calibrate the center.. MMmm.. will investigate further
2015-6-3
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

edstrand2@gmail Posted at 2015-6-4 04:18
Little update, on the other thread relating to the same topic, DJI Support 8 wrote this:   

m.bod ...

edstrand2 - You let the ronin decide where the center is, ok, doing the same as only possible solution in the moment. But, when you are in smooth track mode , you will face the problem that it reacts different, either turning left or right, and that's kind of pain in the ass. Just wondering how others solved it out?!?
2015-6-3
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

edstrand2: are you calibrating from usb or bluetooth? I see usb cable slightly disrupts the pan axis (although my camera is perfectly balanced ,when i turn on gimbal pan axis is not centered - and sometimes keeps drifting to the right). Unfortunately i dont have iphone to test the software calibrations wireless......
2015-6-4
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi everybody, sorry for the late reply, i was away.

so, noipego, yes. My iphone is too old for the dji assistant app therefore i have no other choiche than calibrate via USB, and i knew that the cable would disrupt the balancing of the pan axis.. so far, after all the testing i have done i can only say that the best way to go is let the DJI ronin M decided where it's center is also because, even though the pan axis can rotate 360 degree while it is off, once turned on it only turn of 180 degrees.. Today i have got a music video to shoot with it and i will post later on my findings
2015-6-9
Use props
a.aparcero
New

Spain

Hi,

did someone find the solution? I calibrate the center and it works after i reboot the ronin. But when I use it, a couple of times, the center its again wrong (9 degres to the right) when I put the mode of the remote control at the bottom.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?
2015-7-23
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

a.aparcero@gmai Posted at 2015-7-24 02:48
Hi,

did someone find the solution? I calibrate the center and it works after i reboot the ronin. Bu ...

Upgrade your ronin to the latest firmware for a try
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules