M2P - Controller Charging
1964 14 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I just got my M2P and flew it for the first time. Seriously a huge difference in terms of stability and range, compared to the Mavic Air. My problem is now, that I've only used one battery (around 25 minutes flight time) but my remote controller battery is already down to 70%. That means after 3 batteries, my remote controller is almost empty, because my phone is discharging it too fast. Is there any way to prevent that? I google around but couldn't find a proper solution. Do you guys have the same problem?

@DJI: There is an option in the remote settings to disable the charging on iOS phones. This option is not available on Android. Please implement it. There is no reason not to.

2018-11-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can probably carry one of these portable battery chargers and either find a way to keep it connected to the RC.

These are superb; I own two of them.

https://www.anker.com/products/v ... aYasVRoCPWAQAvD_BwE

2018-11-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

I know, but that's not the solution I am searching for. I want to be able to disable it like in iOS. :/
2018-11-2
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

You can disable the phone charging from the remote in one of the menus of the dji go 4 app
2018-11-2
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Fre Mo Posted at 11-2 05:32
You can disable the phone charging from the remote in one of the menus of the dji go 4 app

Not per DJI when using an Android phone!
2018-11-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Fre Mo Posted at 11-2 05:32
You can disable the phone charging from the remote in one of the menus of the dji go 4 app

Did you even read my post? You can't in Android. I hope DJI fixes that.
2018-11-2
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buy an Iphone !

One of US !, One of US !, ONE OF US !!!
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, I suggest you to fully charge your Android device before you use it to your drone. Don't worry, I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-11-2
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Unfortunately the only solution around this at the moment is to use a powerbank. Until DJI comes up with an update for this.
2018-11-3
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-2 08:39
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, I suggest you to fully charge your Android device before you use it to your drone. Don't worry, I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Please bother answering, when you actually forwarded it to the engineers and provide information rather than just saying the same thing in every thread and then never answer again.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

saviour Posted at 11-4 00:15
Please bother answering, when you actually forwarded it to the engineers and provide information rather than just saying the same thing in every thread and then never answer again.

Hi there. I appreciate your feedback regarding on that matter. As of the moment, we are still waiting for the update from our engineering department. We will reach back once we have the update. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-4
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

saviour Posted at 11-2 05:35
Did you even read my post? You can't in Android. I hope DJI fixes that.

If you turn off Fast Charging in your Android device you can fly 3 more batteries.
Most newer devices have that.
2018-11-4
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

G_Sig Posted at 11-4 09:50
If you turn off Fast Charging in your Android device you can fly 3 more batteries.
Most newer devices have that.

Apparently, you can't turn it off on a Huawei P20 Pro. At least I don't find the option anywhere.
2018-11-4
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

saviour Posted at 11-4 10:38
Apparently, you can't turn it off on a Huawei P20 Pro. At least I don't find the option anywhere.

You are right it's not possible to turn it off as it is controlled by the Volt it get.
You can find out how much it charge it is taking from the controller with Ampere app.
2018-11-4
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

Viper Pilot Posted at 11-2 05:34
Not per DJI when using an Android phone!

Sorry I supposed that it was the same as on iOS
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules