Nervous...
1119 4 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Hello guys.

I'm preparing to make my first nontrivial flight, perhaps tomorrow. The one thing that makes me most nervous, well apart from TOTAL loss of control, is loss of video feed. The thread search on this forum doesn't seem straightforward, but I can remember seeing a number of responses on what it is best to do in that situation. Unfortunately, I can't remember them all.

So, under the circumstance that the Phantom is a nontrivial distance away...let's say far enough that it is difficult to discern its orientation visually...and let's say video feed drops but radio control remains, what, in the opinion of this community, is the BEST thing to do under these circumstances, and the BEST thing/option etc to have set  up before the flight?

An additional question (pardon me if it is a dumb one)...does loss of camera FPV automatically imply loss of live aircraft position updates to the map?

2015-6-2
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Hi lightpanther.

First off, l would practice these things before sending it out of LOS. If the thought of a specific thing makes you nervous and you don't have a plan, practice it until you're comfortable.
Switch off the controller mid-flight with the Phantom in the air close by. What happens? Learn how to react.
Shut down the app, no video. Learn what to do.
Also before lifting off make sure your home point is set and initiate a RTH. Re-take control of it at different distances to see what to expect if you ever need it.
And if you have iOS, the sim is your friend
2015-6-2
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-2
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

salota8550 Posted at 2015-6-3 07:53
1st, thank you for asking this question.
2nd, we all here to help each other.
3rd, relax, you will d ...

Thank you for these replies. So should I set signal selection to "custom"? Sometimes just testing the Phantom, I get a couple of seconds of "weak signal transmission" when it's just sitting on the floor about 3 feet in front of me (wi fi on tablet is "off").
2015-6-2
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules