Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S getting Tangled?
935 3 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ishuffle
lvl.1
Australia

Hi All,

New to the forum and tried the search function but couldn't find anything that relates to the problem I have. Hopefully this would help others with the same issues I've been experiencing.

I'm not sure if I'm using the gimbal correctly but when I go from underslung mode to upright mode, it sometimes gets tangled where the gimbal arms flip the wrong way and get stuck. I can feel resistance with the motors so I quickly turn it off and un-tangle it which is like a puzzle at times and turn it back on with no problems. It looks like it's balanced right so hopefully it's just user error.

Has anyone else experienced the above? any feedback would be appreciated.

Phil
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Phil, welcome to the Forum, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, any chance to share us a sample video about the issue for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-11-2
Use props
ishuffle
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-2 22:32
Hi Phil, welcome to the Forum, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, any chance to share us a sample video about the issue for further support? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for responding!

I think I have solved the problem. It's user error!

What I was trying to do: UPRIGHT -> UNDERSLUNG -> UPRIGHT

I was flipping the grip towards me then up to go into UNDERSLUNG so the roll motor would sit just above the camera lens, doing some research I saw a video of someone flipping the grip sideways left and up so the roll motor would still stays behind the camera and bring the grip back the same way down to go back to UPRIGHT mode. Because I was doing it the wrong way, when returning back to UPRIGHT mode the arms would flip and some how get tangled.

Probably would be best to download the manual! I'm getting faster at balancing it and when it's done right it's an awesome piece of gear!

Thank you!
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ishuffle Posted at 11-4 13:46
Thanks for responding!

I think I have solved the problem. It's user error!

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules