Tech Support Help
699 7 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

Called support because on a 1 month old Mavic Air the USB ports on the AC adapter stopped working.  I can't get any help.  They want me to ship the AC Adapter back and see if it can be "repaired".  Seriously!!  I asked for an advanced replacement and got no where.  Can anyone at DJI help?  It's the AC adapter we're talking about, not the drone.  No reason an advanced replacement can't be approved.  Case # is CAS-2418339-M9G2Z3
2018-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t think it’s the norm just to say something’s not working and expect a new one to be sent out, just ship it back and I’m sure they’ll ship you a new one, unless you broke it.
2018-11-2
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-2 15:18
I don’t think it’s the norm just to say something’s not working and expect a new one to be sent out, just ship it back and I’m sure they’ll ship you a new one, unless you broke it.

I'd completely agree if we were talking about a drone, but what good is a bad power supply to me?  Why would I keep it?  I've dealt with companies that will take a credit card number and if the defective item isn't received in so many days they charge the card.  I would have been fine with that.  But now I can't fiy for maybe 2 or 3 weeks.   Just seems like bad business.
2018-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WinterRanger Posted at 11-2 16:44
I'd completely agree if we were talking about a drone, but what good is a bad power supply to me?  Why would I keep it?  I've dealt with companies that will take a credit card number and if the defective item isn't received in so many days they charge the card.  I would have been fine with that.  But now I can't fiy for maybe 2 or 3 weeks.   Just seems like bad business.

Yes I understand that, we see many companies deliver and collect while holding payment, but unfortunately dji don’t use this policy, so I would suggest you ship it soon and try get it back as soon as you can, or else you will spend days weeks waiting for dji to eventually tell you it’s not policy at the moment.
I just don’t think they’re at that point just yet, so it’s part of your warranty you can arrange a case number they will pay for shipping , ship it then try to put some pressure on to get one shipped ASAP.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi WinterRanger, sorry for the troubles with the AC Adapter, according to DJI After-Sales policy, the device must be received for the evaluation first, sorry that we are unable to send one replacement to you in advance and then you send back the damaged one, please send in the AC Adapter at your most convenience and we will help to expedite the process, thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-2 19:39
Hi WinterRanger, sorry for the troubles with the AC Adapter, according to DJI After-Sales policy, the device must be received for the evaluation first, sorry that we are unable to send one replacement to you in advance and then you send back the damaged one, please send in the AC Adapter at your most convenience and we will help to expedite the process, thank you.

Why doesn't DJI offer to send a replacement AC Adapter (or whatever) with an evaluation Hold charge on a Credit Card?
If return AC Adapter (or whatever) is found to be bad and covered under warranty the Hold charge on Credit Card is released (removed).
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-2 21:20
Why doesn't DJI offer to send a replacement AC Adapter (or whatever) with an evaluation Hold charge on a Credit Card?
If return AC Adapter (or whatever) is found to be bad and covered under warranty the Hold charge on Credit Card is released (removed).

Hi HedgeTrimmer, that could be a great policy but we never tried this procedure, we will transfer your suggestion to the management department for attention, thanks for your input.
2018-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's just not the way DJI operates.  
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules