Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC discharging to phone within 1 hour. M2P
615 6 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milint33w
lvl.1
United States

I'll try to put this is simple words so that DJI can't dodge the question with a canned response. They probably just won't answer.

Question:
How can I stop Mavic 2 Pro RC from charging my android phone?

Too complicated for dji support (dji ignore this part):
Does anyone know any way to prevent controller discharge to phone? Cutting the 5V wire prevents the phone from recognizing that it is connected.
My samsung note 8 can drain the RC in 1 hour, and my phone was at about 90% battery the whole time, so the "only below 40%" thing is a myth, or only applies to iphones. Sure I could carry around a power bank so that I can pump completely wasted power leaving my rc back into my rc, and just let that rc battery get totally thrashed from so much input and output.

Any elegant soldering solutions? Is there a simple spot people have found on the RC board to stop it from being able to throw its battery charge away?
2018-11-2
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Turn Fast charging off in your Note 8 and always start the day with full charged Note 8.
I fly 7 battery without a problem on my S7.
2018-11-2
Use props
Sky Carrier
Captain
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Hi Milint33W,
I run on iOS and there is in the app, when connected to the M2P, an option under settings and then remote controller settings that is labeled Charging Mode. If that is on it will charge your phone from the RC, if off that should not happen.

Hope that helps
2018-11-2
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Only way that worked for me:
Unlock/root your phone, then you can use this app: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mantya.stopcharging

I always root my phones, so it was not a big deal for me.
For the average android user this behaviour of DJI RCs can surely be annoying and there is no solution...
2018-11-3
Use props
milint33w
lvl.1
United States

G_Sig Posted at 11-2 17:54
Turn Fast charging off in your Note 8 and always start the day with full charged Note 8.
I fly 7 battery without a problem on my S7.

Ya I did that last night. Will see if it helps
2018-11-3
Use props
milint33w
lvl.1
United States

spookster Posted at 11-3 00:30
Only way that worked for me:
Unlock/root your phone, then you can use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.stopcharging

Ive been considering rooting. I used to root my phones, but now there are a lot more good reasons not to, especially on the newest phones. I may still.
2018-11-3
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

milint33w Posted at 11-3 08:41
Ya I did that last night. Will see if it helps

Yes it help but best would bee if we can turn it off.
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules