Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"minimum" camera weight? (dji staff?)
13381 9 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
First Officer

Canada

Hi DJI staff + anyone else...

What is the "minimum" weight needed to properly balance a camera? (I want to know if my camera will work).

Thanks!

2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, there is no limit of the minimum payload, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. Thanks for your input.
2018-11-2
Use props
djiguy001
First Officer

Canada

Hi. So - does that mean then - my camera that weighs about 280g (0.3kg) can be balanced and work fine with the ronin-s? (just want to confirm, because I know most dslr's, etc might be about 1-2kg).
If so, then I think I will get it.

Thanks!
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiguy001 Posted at 11-15 16:02
Hi. So - does that mean then - my camera that weighs about 280g (0.3kg) can be balanced and work fine with the ronin-s? (just want to confirm, because I know most dslr's, etc might be about 1-2kg).
If so, then I think I will get it.

Hi there, your camera can be used with Ronin-S but it may fail to be physically balanced, we recommend to use the cameras in our compatible list for better performance: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ility_List_0920.pdf
2018-11-16
Use props
djiguy001
First Officer

Canada

Okay - do you have any specs then on the 'minimum' balance load, - OR - if I add a 'weight' to the camera - will it balance properly then?
2018-11-16
Use props
djiguy001
First Officer

Canada

OR - Could you please have your staff run a simple test with a compact camera (if they have access, specifically the "sony rx100 v" - to see if it balances a-okay? If it does - then I will definitely get it. I just don't want to have a situation where if I buy it then find out it doesn't work. But if it DOES work, then that would be great - and yes, I would get it.

Thanks!
2018-11-16
Use props
Maverick350
lvl.2
United States

You could balance the sony rx100 on the ronin if you added some weight to it. But the question is why would you? there are cheaper gimbals and Steadicam solutions out there that would work much better for your type of camera.

If you're using this for professional work, I'd suggest buying a new camera first. If not, go for a cheaper option because you'll have to do some mods to add weight to your camera, which will just end up with you not using the ronin due to all the hassle you'll have to go through.
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_MABhZxJHjZYk
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-2 22:29
Hi there, there is no limit of the minimum payload, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. Thanks for your input.

Hi,

I have bought the DJI Ronin S, and I have a Canon EOS 200D camera which is 453 grams, which I now realise is probably too light to use with this gimbal.  I have tried balancing the camera with the gimbal but have had no luck.

I cannot return the gimbal or camera, and do not have the money to purchase another camera. So basically my question is, is there a way I can add weight to the camera so that it works with this gimbal? Are there any weights/products that exist to help with this?  

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! I am a complete camera/videoing novice!

Thanks!

Lauren
2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_kasgpryOrIuA
New

United Kingdom

Hi , i see compatibility camera to ronin s , there is Panasonic gh4 the wage is around 490g but on the compatibility list Im not see lumix g7  where wage is around 600g can You help me please , maybe the list is old and dji company upload the list ?
2. If not where I can buy add weight to make camera more heavy im ask because im buy west arm with yoke countability only to ronin s but At this moment have no money to buy different camera , can you help me please ? Thanks
2020-7-7
Use props
UNSCARREDFLOW
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi!

I'm having problems balancing my Ronin-S with a Canon EOS R + RF 50mm f/1.8 lenses. I think it's because of the weight of the set (Camera 660g + Lenses 160g = 820g). Could Anyone help me with this problem?
I'm using the gimbal with the same camera and a 24-105mm lenses that weigh a lot more (Camera 660g + lenses 700g = 1.360Kg). So gimbal it's OK!

Click the link to watch some vídeos (in Portuguese. Ask me for vídeos in English please):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MymMi8YV9ctt2jk2F5RK8WysQcXoYI0z?usp=sharing

Thanks!
2021-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules