4320 13 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi all.
If you are planning to visit Greece with your drone, some advises are given here.
In Greece you are under normal restrictions applicable worldwide.
Keep away from crowd and gothered animals, athletic fields, military areas, hospitals, avoid flying over cities (as long as you are in public view at least), and of course 8 klm away from airports and 5 klm away from helliports.
The matter with airport restrictions is that in most of the Greek islands (having airports), the area around the 8 klm distance is in most cases covering the whole island.
As you are flying away of most public eyes and keep flying within visual range, and under 120 meters (400 ft) normaly you are ok. The authorities keep understanding in most cases and they not bother you if you are away form airplanes approach and take off trace, and away from people. Better be solo when flying in such islands.
Any way if you want to be legal and clear of any headache, you got to know these :
1. If you fly for personal recreational purpose (non commersial use) in a radiant of 50 meters (150 ft) around you, there is no action needed further more.
2. if you are planning to exceed this radiant, you got to apply for authorization.

For visitors (non Greek citizens) the application is as simple as a pdf form completion and sending it by mail in which you got to receive permition or rejection on your flight plan.
Here is the form :  https://dagr.hcaa.gr/docs/HCAA_UAS_FLT_request_editable.pdf
The system gives automaticaly a direct responce to your given email.

Always you got to consult the restriction map called DAGR (Drone Aware Greece)
Here is the DAGR page for drone flying planning app (YPA is the Greek word for Hellenic Civil Aviation Administration ) :  https://dagr.hcaa.gr/
Click on "enter application" and you are going to be in the map showing the restriction areas  ( https://dagr.hcaa.gr/#map_page )

Have in mind that the coordinates must be in a format of
- the decimal degree coordinates (format: lat [space] lon - eg 39.5 26.5) one pair per line, or                                         

- the space-delimited DMS pairs (format: [6 numbers][N][7 numbers][E], eg 395674N0230987E)

Also you can use the AIRMAP app to see restricted places in Greece and get sugestions and Notams
Hope this helps

2018-11-3
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Informative. Thanks for sahring
2018-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for that, the rules make common sense, if drone pilots have respect for people animals and the envoirment then they are free to enjoy the wonderful country that Greece is.
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for sharing this to our co-pilots. Very informative. Have a safe flight always.
2018-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very informative - thanks for sharing  
2018-11-3
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I doubt i ever will travel there but this will help someone in the future i am sure!
2018-11-3
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Thanks for all these information.
Thanks again
2018-11-3
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I go to Kos every year for 4 weeks in July, I stay down in Kefalos which looks to be outside the zone so all good there, 2019 will be the first time I take a drone so this was very helpful, so thanks for posting that.
2018-11-3
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Thanks for sharing, very informative!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-11-3
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You for sharing. Very useful info indeed
2018-11-3
Use props
Radman2020!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265351 ft
United States

Thanks very much!!
2018-11-3
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Thanks for information
2019-1-26
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Thanks for information
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

I wish people in more countries would make posts like this.  I really appreciate it!
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules