Brandnew Mavic 2 Pro suddenly dropped down !
1427 8 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi there,

I am posting on behalf of my friend, whom I convinced to buy a Mavic 2 Pro. On the first day of his flight, the drone suddenly stopped working a dropped to the ground.

Luckily, he was just practising and maybe 1-2 meters up, so the drone did not take any damage.

But he was pretty shocked and I have now examined the Flight Records, to begin with using page at Phantomhelp.com - the log looks okay, there is no messages about malfunctioning of hardware in the end, the logfile just stops.

I compared to other logfiles, and see that like they have info about how the flight begins, they also have info about how it ends / lands.

But for the flight where it dropped down, the log just ends.

Any comments ? I have attached it, if someone wanna investigate / comment.

Thanks,
Tony Fonager

DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-02_[16-44-32].txt.zip

614.83 KB, Down times: 3

2018-11-3
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

This trend is becoming alarming....several people posted about same issue.
It maybe from operator error to batteries to unknown malfunctions that are not recorded (for some reason) on the log.
I'm sure someone will chime in that has insight on these malfunction whatever it is.
Good Luck!
2018-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seen a few issues like this! Not good!
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for what happened. Did he update the firmware after activating the aircraft? For us to help, I suggest sending the aircraft for analysis and they will analyze the flight records as well. Let us isolate the issue here if there's a probability of a product malfunction or a pilot error. Kindly click the link below and fill out the form. Should there be any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Online Repair Process

2018-11-3
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya most of us have seen reports of this but isn't 1-2 meters a little low to be flying? Most of the ones i've read about were higher up i believe. Glad his drone was ok after the crash!
2018-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I can’t see anything on that flight log.
Though if you say it shows nothing strange, then not much point in looking any further. If it were mine I would contact dji to get them to check out the .dat log which is in the aircraft and may contain the necessary information as to why this happened, I have seen a few reported around here lately, whether it’s a battery fault or aircraft it might be worth checking out.
2018-11-3
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's the uploaded flight log:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/E1AGBUI29C469J3TV9RK

At the end of the flight, the flight mode switched to Forced Landing mode and the Mavic started its final descent to the ground. That auto landing was initiated when the Mavic was near the ground and the throttle was held in the full down position.

Based on the roll & pitch data in the flight log, it looks like the Mavic landed on unstable ground and tipped over. The motors auto shut off after the Mavic rolled over on the ground.

Your friend was shooting video right up to the end of the flight. Can you post that video here?
2018-11-3
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

msinger Posted at 11-3 07:43
Here's the uploaded flight log:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/E1AGBUI29C469J3TV9RK

My first though was that he might have killed the motors mid-flight, but your analysis solves the puzzle.
2018-11-3
Use props
bbloomquist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

A negative IMU altitude a speed of 20ish MPH and 1.6' VPS altitude could be when the drone was braking it dipped into the terrain.
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules