Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Service Manual
6974 17 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Help!!! I have Phantom 3 4K and problem - at 30-40 m height loses a video, after another 20 m and the RC stops. I'm looking for a SERVICE MANUAL to be able to locate the problem, I already bought a  second RC, but my problem is still the same. Thanks.
2018-11-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't think you'll ever have any luck ever finding a service manual for any DJI product.  They just don't do those.
2018-11-3
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

2018-11-3
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

and in workshops how to repair drones if they do not have such guides
2018-11-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I hope you're not flying it straight up.  If so, that may be half your problem - the other half being you're not aiming correctly.

Good luck
2018-11-3
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I used the drones correctly, at first it was flying well, after about a year the problem appeared suddenly, did not fly in wet and cold weather.
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

tsvettydjs Posted at 11-3 10:11
I used the drones correctly, at first it was flying well, after about a year the problem appeared suddenly, did not fly in wet and cold weather.

You need to make special precautions for winter flying or dreary weather missions.

Keep the flight battery warm, let the drone warm up a couple of minutes before flying off.
With a keen eye on the battery voltage, frequently.

These drones aren’t really made for flying  in the wet conditions.
Be very careful.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you had a service manual, what would you do?

You aren’t a DJI tech, so not sure where this would lead.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

if i have a manual, i will know which circuit boards connect to the RC and transmit the video signal to the phone. The drone has never flown in bad weather, but only in dry and calm weather.
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi tsvettydjs, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, will the video and RC signal lost at a close distance in every place? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis as we do not recommend to repair at your end. If you need further assistance, please start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support thank you!
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

tsvettydjs Posted at 11-3 11:36
if i have a manual, i will know which circuit boards connect to the RC and transmit the video signal to the phone. The drone has never flown in bad weather, but only in dry and calm weather.

Interesting. I would never attempt such a feat.

But you obviously have more experience and bravado, for such tasks.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 11-3 18:31
Hi tsvettydjs, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, will the video and RC signal lost at a close distance in every place? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis as we do not recommend to repair at your end. If you need further assistance, please start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support thank you!

In the service I turned, first said that part 124 had to be changed, then they said they had to go to part 123. I can not believe I think they're cheating me. And these two parts are as expensive as a new drone.
2018-11-4
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-4 05:15
Search YouTube for "Phantom 3 Service Manual".  There are some DJI videos available.

thank you, and that's it
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

tsvettydjs Posted at 11-4 09:35
thank you, and that's it

Please Post your success. Once you complete the repair job. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tsvettydjs Posted at 11-4 03:03
In the service I turned, first said that part 124 had to be changed, then they said they had to go to part 123. I can not believe I think they're cheating me. And these two parts are as expensive as a new drone.

That's unfortunate to hear. Which part needs to be replaced depends on the damage assessment. For flight safety, we sincerely suggest you consider the above suggestion. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-11-5
Use props
tsvettydjs
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 11-5 23:16
That's unfortunate to hear. Which part needs to be replaced depends on the damage assessment. For flight safety, we sincerely suggest you consider the above suggestion. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

Drones did not have catastrophes, the next flight did not climb to the specified height of 100 m, at 48 m lost a picture, so I did not see what I shoot and where the drones go. Since then 5 months have passed, the problem is not resolved. I'm going to buy another drone from another manufacturer.  Unfortunately, DJI did not meet my expectations.
2018-11-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good luck on finding one that's comparable.  I bet you'll be back.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tsvettydjs Posted at 11-7 04:41
Drones did not have catastrophes, the next flight did not climb to the specified height of 100 m, at 48 m lost a picture, so I did not see what I shoot and where the drones go. Since then 5 months have passed, the problem is not resolved. I'm going to buy another drone from another manufacturer.  Unfortunately, DJI did not meet my expectations.

Sorry about this. We still hope that you would have a nice trip with DJI product. Anyway, we respect your decision and wish you have a good day!
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules