Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App freeezes when video recording is stopped
Home / TELLO /
1314 7 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szendrodif
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi,
I'm a new Tello user, facing app freezing issue.
All works well when I start video recording during a flight, but when I stop it, the app completely freezes and I cannot even control the drone. I waited for at least half minute, but nothing happened.
The only thing that helps is closing and restarting the app - however the recorded session is not saved, I loose it.
I use iPhone 7.
Firmware: 01.04.35.01
App version: 1.1.14

Thanks for your help.
2018-11-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Szendrodif, I have feedbacked this urgent issue to FAE  for further analysis. Hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2018-11-4
Use props
Ryan Olivas
Second Officer

United States

I have experienced this before(not with an iPhone 7 though) and uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed it. Not sure if that will solve yours but you could try.
2018-11-4
Use props
MarkyOxford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here with a brand new Tello. App locks up as soon as you try to stop the video recording. Have to force quit the app and relaunch to regain control of the drone.
I updated the firmware using the app and it recorded one video after it updated.

Now maybe 1 in every 10 times i can record about 3 seconds without it locking up but never managed two in a row.
Changing the video data rate doesn’t seem to affect if it will save or not, shorter videos (< 5 seconds)  do appear to be more likley to save.
I've also tried reinstalling the app and that made no difference.

Nothing seems to get logged to console before it locks up. As a fellow app developer I'd be happy to run a debug build to help work this out.

Tello firmware 01.04.35.01
Tello App 1.1.14
iPhone Xs iOS 12.1
2018-11-5
Use props
fans41cbeda2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This problem has also been recently discussed in the Tellopilots forum in the thread "New app version IOS" in "Tello Discussions" group.
2018-11-6
Use props
MarkyOxford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Support suggested to me to turn off Location services and use airplane mode…seems to help.
2018-11-8
Use props
cubicmicron
New
United States

Tello app disconnects upon terminating video recording

Love the Tello. I have found one problem.  The Tello app disconnects upon termination of video recording in flight.  Video is lost.  Default behavior is to hover on place until low battery invokes landing behavior.  Control can be re-gained by relaunching app while Tello hovers if there is enough time.  Using latest app version.  Using iPhone 6+.  Using GameSir bluetooth controller.
2018-11-8
Use props
fans41cbeda2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MarkyOxford Posted at 11-8 05:04
Support suggested to me to turn off Location services and use airplane mode…seems to help.

I tried this suggested action as well. Reduced the problem but still not water proof. App freeze after some 8 to 10 video clips.
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules