Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal failing on startup
953 5 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

As of yesterday I've started having an issue with my Osmo+ starting up. When I slide the power button, the gimbal spins, sometimes to its limits, has an off level x axis, and then dies withing 3-10 seconds. I've tried updating the firmware, and it did not solve the issue. Has anybody experienced anything like this? It was working fine just the day before, and it did not experience any kind of impact or damage of any kind.

I've owned this gimbal for about 7 months, have used many others before it, and I am very familiar with the proper procedure for turning on and operating gimbals of all sizes. This is not an opporator error.
2018-11-3
Use props
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

See video link to see what is happening with the osmo+.

2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching the DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently. Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Also,  If the issue persists, I do suggest sending in the Osmo+ for assessment and possible repairs. You did mention that you had this for 7 months already, it is best to send the device before the warranty period expires. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.

2018-11-3
Use props
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply. The gimbal calibration won't initialize, it just sits at 0% indefinitely.

How do I go about making a warranty claim?
2018-11-3
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might sound odd, but watch the following video regarding resetting the WiFi connection.  Also, check the documentation for the Oslo about resetting the to the "Default" settings.  "Somewhere" on this forum a member was able to fix this issue doing all of the default settings, deleting and reinstalling DJI Go.  Again, sounds odd (that this would solved a seemingly hardware issue) but worth a try if it saves you from sending in for service.   
2018-11-4
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find the related Post, I'll reply here again.
EDIT:  I found some references to reinstalling the Firmware, something I haven't done on the Osmo.  You might try a Chat Session through the DJI Support website.  
EDIT 2:  If you are using an iOS phone as a monitor, be sure to do a "clean" full refresh.  After deleting the Go App, clear the phones' memory by pressing the on/off button.  When the 'power off' slider appears, do NOT slide it.  Instead hold down the "Home" button until the Home screen re-appears.  This removes all legacy code from memory.  Now download and re-install DJI Go, and start the linking process again.  You may get messages to install/reinstall firmware.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules