Video Transmission Does Not Work For Slave RC - Tested w/ 2 Inspires
508 2 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Birdseyefilm
lvl.1

United States

Hello I have the wierdest issues with my camera operator video transmission signal. First I bought an Inspire 1 RAW (used) I connect the Pilot and Camera Operator Controllers with screens (of course). On the pilot screen I have perfect signal at a distance but on the slave camera operator screen it loses signal every 10-20 seconds when close range worse at distance.
I  swapped the controllers so the Camera Op controller became the Master and the previous Master Controller became the Slave Cam Op controller. Still the Pilot Master controller had perfect connection and the Cam Op Slave would still lose signal frequently.

I called and was suggested I reset the controllers using C1+C2+Shutter button turn off turn on re link and do it for both controllers. Did it no difference. And was suggested I need to send in for repairs.

So I went online and bought another Inspire 1 (used). I swapped the gimbal mount to the new drone and connected the Pilot and Cam Op Controller to it. Still the Same problem. I have switched Camera Operator RC's, same problem. I would try to use Pilot 2 RC as a third test slave but have another wierd issue with It. https://forum.dji.com/thread-171408-1-1.html

So Pilot 1 RC has perfect signal on First and Second Inspire. Camera 1 and Camera 2 RC have video transmission issues (unusable). Tested on both drones. I have also swapped Pilot 1 RC and Camera 1 RC. It would be hard to believe both drones have some sort of VTX Antennae issue and it couldn't be the controllers themselves because I have swapped them. I may just have to send it in but what the heck is going on with these. My camera operator's have to just watch my screen which can't go on for much longer.

Thank you!!!!!
2018-11-3
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Hello,

I would firstly like to say I have never had an issue like this. In the past, I have had connectivity issues (resolved) but nothing to the extent you're going through. So I will do my best to help no guarantees, firstly have you got the latest firmware? the X5r and the slave controllers will both require firmware updates if it is the first time using these parts on the bird. Secondly, The second drone you bought was it the V1 or the V2? the V1 requires more than just the mounting plate to be replaced. You need to also replace the motors with the newer 3510H to support the big camera.

These are my only two thoughts on what could be causing the issue. I very much doubt its the second reason as it appears to be a connectivity issue. I would also look into the tablet/screen you are using to view the camera as it might not have the CPU power or capacity to view the transmission from the drone

Anyway, good luck with fixing your issue

2018-11-5
Use props
Birdseyefilm
lvl.1

United States

FPS_Marsh Posted at 11-5 18:53
Hello,

I would firstly like to say I have never had an issue like this. In the past, I have had connectivity issues (resolved) but nothing to the extent you're going through. So I will do my best to help no guarantees, firstly have you got the latest firmware? the X5r and the slave controllers will both require firmware updates if it is the first time using these parts on the bird. Secondly, The second drone you bought was it the V1 or the V2? the V1 requires more than just the mounting plate to be replaced. You need to also replace the motors with the newer 3510H to support the big camera.

Thank you for the advice. I have actually solved it by swapping controllers on the second Inspire today. While it is still odd that it wouldn't work on the second identical setup, I couldn't be happier that is finally working!
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules