Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight simulator for I2
1216 6 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arthur Dent
Captain
Flight distance : 38911 ft
United Kingdom

This looks interesting for the winter months.....

https://www.dji.com/simulator
2018-11-4
Use props
Coyut
First Officer
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Its a beginning and Its kind of fun, but there is still a lot of room to improove.
As its only 2D its most use is to play with the App view, as this is the closest to reality. This will mainly help on long BVLOS flights, which is forbidden in most countries around the globe.
Flying in the Line of sight is almost impossible as you just can't evalaute distances on a 2d image like you would with your own eyes. Maybe there will be a Oculus versio later on?

Effects like Vertex are not included which is a major thing to improve on.

The models fly similar but not identical as they do in reality.
Changing parameters to the same you use on your own drone would be nice. I guess this will be possible in the paid version
Settings like automatic landing gear drive you nuts whe you fly down a hill and you can't smoothly decline because of activated features.

Controler wise its not running on my Mavic Air controller even its on supported the list (maybee need firmware). But my Cendence controllers are working, even they are not supported yet.
The only downside is that the integradted vibrator sounds every second. But as its official not supported yet thats fine with me. This will probably change.
The big USB typa-A Ports do not work. Only the Tiny usb ones. Which could generate a problem with a novice ripping the plug out and wearing over time.
The remote also does not get charged while pluged in. So be sure its charged enough. Works great to discharge WT37 LOL

Please unlock the I2 in the free version as well, or give the user the ability to choose/activate 3 or 4 from the whole set. ;)
2018-11-4
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This software is useless as it is. The aerodynamic model is a joke thus the drones don't behave realistically. Wind system is also an aproximation at best. View modes are totally useless as it is impossibile to have a 3D perception of the eviroenment and fpv or monitor view are forbidden everywhere. This software should be the killer application for VR...with realistic physics before good graphics but as it is it's just a waste of hdd space. Sorry DJI, try again. I swear that if this had VR and was a genuine simulation with realistic scenarios I'd be willing to buy a VR set.
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - thanks for sharing   
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day Arthur Dent. Thank you for sharing this information with us and for supporting DJI.
2018-11-4
Use props
NumericEyes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59711 ft
  • >>>
France

Very interesting.
Too bad this software is not Apple OSX compatible.
And what is planned and if so what is the delay to predict?
Too bad that the Inspire 2 is not listed in the trial version.
It should be possible to use it for non-professionals with the limitations of the trial version while I fear that the enterprise version, which I have not found the price, may be very expensive.
2018-11-9
Use props
markiet1966
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

Saw a post on another site saying that they have had a reply from DJI to say that the paid version will be $800!

Mark
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules