So where's the 5.8 ghz on V2.0 ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was anxious to use the 5.8ghz frequency since I was experiencing some local interference. When I looked at the settings on my new P4 Pro + V2.0, the screen says 2.4ghz only. WTF?
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Isn't that because the V2 uses OcuSync - I thought 5.8 was only on HD lightbridge.
2018-11-4
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-4 11:37
Isn't that because the V2 uses OcuSync - I thought 5.8 was only on HD lightbridge.

Dual-Frequency Transmission
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 remote controller utilizes the OcuSync HD video transmission system that operates on both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands, with a max transmission range of 7 km.

This is what DJI claims
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airport Dog Posted at 11-4 19:02
Dual-Frequency Transmission
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 remote controller utilizes the OcuSync HD video transmission system that operates on both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands, with a max transmission range of 7 km.

I see - looks like an upgrade then. Strange you can't get 5.8.
2018-11-4
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello? Any moderators with an answer, here?
I wanted to pickup RE's, but need to know now, what the story is.
This is one of the selling points on V2.0
2018-11-5
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guess I wasn't important enough to get a response from a moderator...
I thought it was, so I sought out another source for answers.

I don't wait for food to die, I go kill some.
2018-11-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airport Dog Posted at 11-8 11:01
Guess I wasn't important enough to get a response from a moderator...
I thought it was, so I sought out another source for answers.

Fancy sharing what you found out please for other forum members that may have the same question?
2018-11-8
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The chat feature does work (they have to go ask questions when you insist) after lots of typing the details and convincing them that I was eligible to use the 5.8ghz feature, in the US. They advised to reset the controller and refresh the latest firmware, which changed nothing.
Advise was to return it to DJI for repair.

They assumed I wanted to use my Refresh program, which got my quick response NO. They seemed to be planning to use my Refresh program that I had to pay for to fix a warranty issue. This feature has never worked from new and now three months old. I was aware that it wasn't working and trusted that it would be coming soon with a firmware update, since the DJI goggles would not work along with other features. as advertised.

From a YouTuber I learned how to get the goggles to work, not from DJI. My chats with support told me that they will work with a firmware upgrade, when I found that they would work with a fw downgrade.
And I was the guy who would NEVER buy a brand new model until de-bugged and proven. Hard to trust, no matter how much you spend.
2018-11-11
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-8 20:40
Fancy sharing what you found out please for other forum members that may have the same question?

So, did you get the 5.8ghz feature to work?
If so, how?
2018-11-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1Eagle Posted at 11-14 14:35
So, did you get the 5.8ghz feature to work?
If so, how?

The post above yours says a firmware downgrade sorted.

I wasnt asking for myself...
2018-11-14
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-14 19:57
The post above yours says a firmware downgrade sorted.

I wasnt asking for myself...

I get that. I'm not asking for myself either. But,

"They advised to reset the controller and refresh the latest firmware, which changed nothing.
Advise was to return it to DJI for repair."

This says that the firmware upgrade did not work and DJI wanted him to return it for repair.
Then he talks about making the goggles work.

So......... still asking for others.

Did the 5.8ghz issue get resolved?
2018-11-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the guy said he did get it to work, by doing a downgrade and you are asking again if he got it to work?

If you wan him to respond to you, you need to quote his reply, not mine like you did, that was the reason why i replied to you so as not to be rude....
2018-11-15
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-15 19:34
the guy said he did get it to work, by doing a downgrade and you are asking again if he got it to work?

If you wan him to respond to you, you need to quote his reply, not mine like you did, that was the reason why i replied to you so as not to be rude....

I think he meant the glasses worked with the firmware downgrade, not the 5.8ghz...I could be wrong though.
2018-11-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 11-15 19:45
I think he meant the glasses worked with the firmware downgrade, not the 5.8ghz...I could be wrong though.

Yes, that is possible, as there was no specifics in his reply and that he was on about 5.8 originally, i assumed thats what he was referring too. perhaps not the case....
2018-11-15
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Clarification.

White goggles would not work on NEW P4 V2.0.,  discovered this soon after purchase. Asked DJI about this, they advised goggles will work in the future with a firmware upgrade to the P4.
Waited patiently, thinking fw would also solve another issue of 5,8ghz not being an options to select. The two issues were not related.

Upgrades came. Goggles still would not work. Found from Youtuber that the goggles will work by downgrading the firmware on the goggles, to two versions prior and downgrading the firmware back to the original on the V2.0.  DJI did not know this would work or at least they did not offer this, to me. Goggles issue, mostly solved, for now...
The 5.8ghz frequency STILL did not work on  V2.0, still not an option with ANY firmware.

On my way to the forum...no moderator response.
DJI CHAT:
DJI advised, 5.8ghz should work. They advised, reset the controller and update to latest firmware on the P4.  Performed both actions. No change to condition.

Confusing? yea. Seems there were a lot of new V2.0 owners that were having the same issues, with white goggles from reading comments on YT.  We can only know what DJI tells us AND what we learn from each other as users about their "new and improved" products. Posting on this forum and getting the answers is a bit intimidating, sometimes and as this thread proves, you don't always get answers from the ones that should know. Before I confused the issue by throwing in the goggles problem, the question was straight forward:

"I was anxious to use the 5.8ghz frequency since I was experiencing some local interference. When I looked at the settings on my new P4 Pro + V2.0, the screen says 2.4ghz only". WTF?"

Earlier P4 model owners probably won't know the answer to this, since their version does not have this feature. Hence the :

[b]Hello? Any moderators with an answer, here?
I wanted to pickup RE's, but need to know now, what the story is.
This is one of the selling points on V2.0 [b]

The V2.0 is a totally different animal than it's predecessors.  Occusync, 2.4ghz only, on this bird is flaky. I get a lot of interference messages and the range is not as good as my Mavic Pro using the same system at 2.4 ghz . 5.8 is the trick that makes it work as intended to find the better frequencies and channels giving it the best range for transmissions.

P4 V2.0 is on the way back for warranty repair at last.

$1800.00, three months later and this A/C has not been on the job to make any money. It was not purchased as a toy or for shooting videos at my local AMA field. No doubt. my high expectations ahead of DJI's completion of the products , for sale, was the problem. Only bashing my judgement, buying new a product from DJI, thinking they have it ready for market, this time.
Tell me you haven't heard this type concern, before, ie, Mavic Pro, Spark, Mavic Air, MP 2 Pro , not living up to promises from brand new...only to find that there is more that haven't told us.
2018-11-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-15 19:34

Sorry Bashy I did not intend to start anything with you. I responded to your message because you asked the question and I quoted him in my message. I realize now I should have responded to him directly. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...
2018-11-16
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 11-16 07:12
Clarification.

White goggles would not work on NEW P4 V2.0.,  discovered this soon after purchase. Asked DJI about this, they advised goggles will work in the future with a firmware upgrade to the P4.

Thanks for the clarification Airport Dog.
I have a V2.0 with the CrystalSky 7.85
This is what my settings show. I have 3 options, Dual Band, Only Supports 2.4 and Only Supports 5.8
I can choose any of them. I upgraded to all the latest firmware last week.
Do let us know if and how you get it sorted.
2018-11-16
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

1Eagle Posted at 11-16 08:46
Thanks for the clarification Airport Dog.
I have a V2.0 with the CrystalSky 7.85
This is what my settings show. I have 3 options, Dual Band, Only Supports 2.4 and Only Supports 5.8

The V2.0 is in Cerritos, CA today for repair.
2018-11-21
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 11-21 08:25
The V2.0 is in Cerritos, CA today for repair.

Hope all goes well. I got my fingers crossed.
2018-11-21
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well,
Here it is;
I returned the V2.0 to DJI for what I called a warranty repair, at least that's what I expected.
Got an email from DJI repair evaluation report.

"According to the analysis, no crash was found in the available flight records and there's obvious damage that impairs normal function of the unit. The cause of the issue is due to physical damage. Therefore the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.

We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges."

INDEED

Remember the symptoms? The 5.8ghz frequency never worked from new? Software never showed up on the screen. What would you do? Who do you think you would talk to about this? What would you say?
2018-11-21
Use props
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 11-21 16:10
Well,
Here it is;
I returned the V2.0 to DJI for what I called a warranty repair, at least that's what I expected.

I've got mine in for service for the same reason, I will be curious to see what the result is.   My guess is it's got to either be a firmware issue, or bad 5.8ghz antenna connection in the remote or on the drone.
2018-11-28
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 11-21 16:10
Well,
Here it is;

You never mentioned any physical damage?????
I would ask them what physical damage they are referring to.
Could it be something that happened in the original shipping?
I have never heard of physical damage being responsible for loss of options in software.
You will need to keep communicating with DJI to get this worked out.
Sometimes you have to be patient and persistent to get results with them.
Good Luck.
2018-11-28
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

1Eagle Posted at 11-28 15:45
You never mentioned any physical damage?????
I would ask them what physical damage they are referring to.
Could it be something that happened in the original shipping?

There was NO physical damage. I treated this unit as if it were a fine watch. This was a professional tool.

Screwed, blued and tattooed.

I had to pay for the "damage"  It was a simple software issue that they would not own up to. After 3 weeks of promise to repair, they did replace it with a brand new one. I was not impressed.

2018-12-23
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 12-23 02:23
There was NO physical damage. I treated this unit as if it were a fine watch. This was a professional tool.

Screwed, blued and tattooed.

Did the new one at least work a you expected?
2018-12-23
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EdM Posted at 12-23 05:40
Did the new one at least work a you expected?

I tested it methodically, for every detail.  It took two battery runs to do it, but I have to admit that it is flawless. the 5.8 AND the 2.4ghz is working well

My DJI flying cameras are like my kids.
Dealing with Dji is like dealing with my kids mother, my ex-wife.
2018-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Airport Dog Posted at 12-23 06:54
I tested it methodically, for every detail.  It took two battery runs to do it, but I have to admit that it is flawless. the 5.8 AND the 2.4ghz is working well

Is your ex-wife Chinese?
2018-12-23
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-23 21:15
Is your ex-wife Chinese?

Might as well be, we speak different languages.
2018-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Airport Dog Posted at 12-23 23:07
Might as well be, we speak different languages.

Hah, aint that the truth.
2018-12-24
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 12-23 06:54

I honestly spewed a soda out of my nose while reading those last two sentences. Funny comment on a very non-funny situation.

Glad to hear it's fixed now.
2018-12-27
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interesting progress on the V2.0 dual frequency question.
Out of the box the V2.0 will show options for HD transmission signals, ie 2.4ghz or 5.8gz or Dual band support.
As soon as you link a pair of white goggles to the bird the 5.8ghz. frequency disappears from the software options. From that point you will NOT see the 5.8 frequency no matter if you re-install the firmware it does not reappear...until you link a pair of RE's to the bird, then the options show up in the software selection, once again.

I used a friends RE's to figure this one out.

This was after receiving a new V2.0 replacement and the 5.8ghz disappeared from the screen after linking the white goggles. The original bird was working fine, I now know.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules