Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) for Sony a7riii
9918 25 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283317 ft
United Kingdom

I've got my Multi-MCC cable for my Sony camera a7riii, however the Ronin does not recognise the camera. I have followed all the instructions and still haven't been able to connect the two devices together. Someone said I have to chose the Sony camera in DJI Ronin S app, however I can't find anywhere in the app that allows me to chose the camera. For the past week I have been trying in vain to get this working, by plugining the cable to the devices, turning on the Ronin and then the camera and nothing happens, very frustrating. Can you please let me know how to fix this. Also if there is anyone who has been using the Multi-MCC cable with Sony a7riii succefully, can you please share how you made it work.

Thank you
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please see the attached image below for a reference on how to use the MCC-Multi Cable from your Sony A7R III to Ronin-S. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach back. Thank you.

2018-11-5
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-5 13:10
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please see the attached image below for a reference on how to use the MCC-Multi Cable from your Sony A7R III to Ronin-S. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach back. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Natalia,

I had already seen the image you shared on your website and followed the instruction. As I mentioned in my first post I have tried several times to make it work as per instructions. It is not working. Either your cable is faulty or Ronin-S is faulty. Please advise what I should do to fix this.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-5 15:11
Hi Natalia,

I had already seen the image you shared on your website and followed the instruction. As I mentioned in my first post I have tried several times to make it work as per instructions. It is not working. Either your cable is faulty or Ronin-S is faulty. Please advise what I should do to fix this.

Hi there, the camera model will need to be selected only with the RSS-IR cable connected. May I verify if the cable was purchased separately from our online store instead of the included MCC-B cable? If yes, did you update the firmware to the latest version?
2018-11-5
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 20:07
Hi there, the camera model will need to be selected only with the RSS-IR cable connected. May I very if the cable was purchased separately from our online store instead of the included MCC-B cable? If yes, did you update the firmware to the latest version?

Hi, I purchased the MMC-Multi cable from DJI online store separately. The firmware is the latest version.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-6 02:27
Hi, I purchased the MMC-Multi cable from DJI online store separately. The firmware is the latest version.

Thanks for your clarification, may I have the sequence of the powering-on process? How about re-plugging the cable and what is the color of the indicator in the Focus Wheel?
2018-11-6
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 03:28
Thanks for your clarification, may I have the sequence of the powering-on process?

1. Connect MMC-Multi Cable from Ronin-S to Sony A7riii
2. Power on the Ronin S
3. Start the Ronin S app on iPhone
4. Turn on Sony A7riii camera

Ronin S does not recognise the camera, I have switched off the camera and removed the cable many times.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-6 03:33
1. Connect MMC-Multi Cable from Ronin-S to Sony A7riii
2. Power on the Ronin S
3. Start the Ronin S app on iPhone

I have edited my previous post before you replied, it may have been missed, may I have the color of the indicator in the Focus wheel when you power on? What is the firmware of your camera?
2018-11-6
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 03:58
I have edited my previous post before you replied, it may have been missed, may I have the color of the indicator in the Focus wheel when you power on? What is the firmware of your camera?

The indicator color is flashing red
the firmware on Sony a7riii is v2.00
2018-11-6
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 03:58
I have edited my previous post before you replied, it may have been missed, may I have the color of the indicator in the Focus wheel when you power on? What is the firmware of your camera?

Hi Mindy,
Any solution?
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-6 04:01
The indicator color is flashing red
the firmware on Sony a7riii is v2.00

Sorry for my late response since I was off duty yesterday. Flashing red means the device is not connected, please make sure the side with the white letter is upward, if the issue persists, the cable will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-11-8
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 03:57
Sorry for my late response since I was off duty yesterday. Flashing red means the device is not connected, please make sure the side with the white letter is upward, if the issue persists, the cable will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

yes the side with the white letter is upward, I even reset my camera to default setting and the firmware is the latest version 2. It's either the cable or the Ronin-S that is the culprit. Please send me another cable and I will return this one. My production has stopped due to this and I am not happy!  
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-8 04:23
yes the side with the white letter is upward, I even reset my camera to default setting and the firmware is the latest version 2. It's either the cable or the Ronin-S that is the culprit. Please send me another cable and I will return this one. My production has stopped due to this and I am not happy!

Sorry that the device will need to be sent in first for the evaluation, if it is verified the problem of the cable, we will send you another one. It could also be related to the Ronin-S, we recommend to send in both of them for the diagnosis, our repair center will help to locate the problem, please start a ticket here, if it is not available to your country, please contact our support team to start a ticket.
2018-11-8
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 19:13
Sorry that the device will need to be sent in first for the evaluation, if it is verified the problem of the cable, we will send you another one. It could also be related to the Ronin-S, we recommend to send in both of them for the diagnosis, our repair center will help to locate the problem, please start a ticket here, if it is not available to your country, please contact our support team to start a ticket.

Hi Mindy,

I tried to open a ticket from the link you shared, I filled everything in, then added my UK address but the "Next button" is not highlighted and it says "If the registered address is outside of DJI's service area, it cannot be selected." But my address is UK, why is it not allowing me to proceed. This is very frustrating, I have paid hundreds of Dollars for something I cannot use. I need someone from DJI to resolve this issue for me urgently, I am losing business because of this!!!!
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-9 02:15
Hi Mindy,

I tried to open a ticket from the link you shared, I filled everything in, then added my UK address but the "Next button" is not highlighted and it says "If the registered address is outside of DJI's service area, it cannot be selected." But my address is UK, why is it not allowing me to proceed. This is very frustrating, I have paid hundreds of Dollars for something I cannot use. I need someone from DJI to resolve this issue for me urgently, I am losing business because of this!!!!

Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket manually if the online repair form is not available, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-11-9
Use props
SurfCityUSA
New

United States

Hi Mindy,

I am having the same exact problem.  DJI sent me the Muti cable directly. I have tried all the above steps.

Any recommendations ?
2018-11-12
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SurfCityUSA Posted at 11-12 08:40
Hi Mindy,

I am having the same exact problem.  DJI sent me the Muti cable directly. I have tried all the above steps.

Hi SurfCityUSA,

just to let you know, I got mine working, well, partially. I realised my Ronin S's firmware was not the latest one, so I downloaded the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin app to my desktop, connected the Ronin S with a usb cable to my desktop and started the App and updated the firmware to the latest version, after this, the Ronin S recognised my Sony A7riii and I am able to use the red record button on the Ronin. The Focus wheel however, is not working. I have sent an email to support@dji.com and waiting for a response.
Good luck!  
2018-11-12
Use props
SurfCityUSA
New

United States

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-12 08:54
Hi SurfCityUSA,

just to let you know, I got mine working, well, partially. I realised my Ronin S's firmware was not the latest one, so I downloaded the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin app to my desktop, connected the Ronin S with a usb cable to my desktop and started the App and updated the firmware to the latest version, after this, the Ronin S recognised my Sony A7riii and I am able to use the red record button on the Ronin. The Focus wheel however, is not working. I have sent an email to  and waiting for a response.

Thank you for the information.
I will give it a try.
The cord DJI sent me looks different than the one they advertise on their website.
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-12 08:54
Hi SurfCityUSA,

just to let you know, I got mine working, well, partially. I realised my Ronin S's firmware was not the latest one, so I downloaded the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin app to my desktop, connected the Ronin S with a usb cable to my desktop and started the App and updated the firmware to the latest version, after this, the Ronin S recognised my Sony A7riii and I am able to use the red record button on the Ronin. The Focus wheel however, is not working. I have sent an email to  and waiting for a response.

Glad to know you were able to get it figured out, sorry that we missed this point in the previous troubleshooting.
Focus Wheel in the Sony is used to control the zoom. The optical zoom can be controlled through the Ronin-S Focus Wheel (only lenses with built-in power zoom, such as the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm F4 G OSS). If a non-Power Zoom lens is mounted, the Focus Wheel will control digital zoom. Digital zoom must be enabled in your camera’s settings. May I verify if you are using the Power Zoom lens?
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SurfCityUSA Posted at 11-12 19:40
Thank you for the information.
I will give it a try.
The cord DJI sent me looks different than the one they advertise on their website.

Hi SurfCityUSA, is it the MCC-B cable that was included in the package or the MCC-Multi that you purchased separately? Any chance to share us a picture?
2018-11-13
Use props
fansdb638b66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-13 04:40
Glad to know you were able to get it figured out, sorry that we missed this point in the previous troubleshooting.
Focus Wheel in the Sony is used to control the zoom. The optical zoom can be controlled through the Ronin-S Focus Wheel (only lenses with built-in power zoom, such as the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm F4 G OSS). If a non-Power Zoom lens is mounted, the Focus Wheel will control digital zoom. Digital zoom must be enabled in your camera’s settings. May I verify if you are using the Power Zoom lens?

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for all your help, I fixed the issue. All I had to do was to change the Zoom settings on my camera to Digital Zoom and now the focus wheel is working as a zoom in/out.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb638b66 Posted at 11-13 06:25
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for all your help, I fixed the issue. All I had to do was to change the Zoom settings on my camera to Digital Zoom and now the focus wheel is working as a zoom in/out.

It's good to hear the everything has been figured out, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S. Should you have any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-11-15
Use props
MicV
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 01:06
It's good to hear the everything has been figured out, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S. Should you have any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.

I’m having the same issue. A7r3 is not recognized by the ronin-s and vice-versa. Firmware (on camera and ronin) and iOS app are all updated. Followed all the steps detailed here and in the manual. The kit I bought came with USB C and USB B versions of the MCC connectors. Neither work. The IRR does allow for start / stop recording but that is a gimmicky work around. Bought this gimbal specifically because DJI website compatibility list  said A7r3  was supported with usb connection. Please advise.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MicV Posted at 12-19 00:35
I’m having the same issue. A7r3 is not recognized by the ronin-s and vice-versa. Firmware (on camera and ronin) and iOS app are all updated. Followed all the steps detailed here and in the manual. The kit I bought came with USB C and USB B versions of the MCC connectors. Neither work. The IRR does allow for start / stop recording but that is a gimmicky work around. Bought this gimbal specifically because DJI website compatibility list  said A7r3  was supported with usb connection. Please advise. [view_image]

Hi MicV, if you would like the USB connection, the correct cable should be Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) which will need to be purchased separately from our online store: https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... ?from=menu_products
May I verify if you are using the correct cable?
2018-12-21
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

I got this cable and it was worth it. Everything works as advertised.

I do hope they come up with manual focus or some function to control exposure with the focus wheel in future updates.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans51bb150f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just received the dji ronin-s multi-camera control cable (mini usb) and its not working at all with my sony a7 iii.

i would like a replacement cable or full refund
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules