Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All

I am questioning if still need my P3P? She has been a great pal and was my first proper dron and I still enjoy flying her, she is just a bit bulky now compared to the Mavic 2 and Mavic Air, but I still have a soft spot for her! Just wondering if there is any gravity in trading her in for a P4P.

I love my new M2P but still find that the Phantom seems to be a little bit more stable in weather that isnt the best?

Interested on your thoughts?

Cheers
2018-11-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use Phantom 3 SE and Phantom 3 Standar and i love these birds , Mavic Pro is better but i m still enjoying BoTH Phantoms  
2018-11-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Phantom 3 Series are a Good Machines Technicallly talking
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Love the Phantom 3 Pro here.  It’s been exemplary, without any negatives.

Certainly well worth the time and effort to maintain and keep flying her.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I hope one of valued Customer can share their thoughts about that matter. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-11-4
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Appreciate the comments guys, I'll admit I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to tech, and love to have a selection, I used her earlier this year when the South of England got a fair bit of snow (well it was more than a few inches this time!) I tried the Mavics' but neither of them for some reason would calibrate their compasses (maybe the falling snow cause some signal bouncing) But the P3P worked without issue, also she was a bit better at landing and take off due to the landing gear being much taller, she also seemed to be pretty stable in the falling snow and wind.

Shes been good and 4K footage has been awesome and she is a dream to fly (I think maybe less skittish than the Mavics maybe due to the weight. Glad to see there is still much love for the P3
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Buying a handy landing pad might be a good investment towards your future snowy endeavours.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
Phill2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

I wouldn't part with my P3Ps
They're great birds and very reliable.
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given your additional drones I'd say it's best to keep the P3P
2018-11-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would have to agree with the others and say keep it.

My P3A has saved me a few time when my MP struggled with wind.

Sold my original P3A and brought a second and very happy I did.
2018-11-4
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-4 14:56
Buying a handy landing pad might be a good investment towards your future snowy endeavours.

Yeah I have one but I ended up using some MDF I had in the garage to crush the snow and it was a bit gusty, so the MDF board did the trick, it also created a little square section so I had to precision land in it!

Looked quite cool though as the snow was reflective for the leds and it reminded me of flying heli's
2018-11-4
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have a P3P and would not want to get rid of it. I fly it alternately with my 4Pro , Spark and racing drone. Apart from being "bulky" you had no adverse comments about your aircraft. For what you would get in trade in, I would certainly keep it. In fifty years it may even be a collectors piece!
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Schmooit Posted at 11-4 23:52
Yeah I have one but I ended up using some MDF I had in the garage to crush the snow and it was a bit gusty, so the MDF board did the trick, it also created a little square section so I had to precision land in it!

Looked quite cool though as the snow was reflective for the leds and it reminded me of flying heli's

Yes, anything to avoid landing directly in snow.
The landing skids may be tall enough, but where is the camera upon landing in the wet snow?

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules