Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rumors of Inspire III
25634 115 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-1 01:36
Maybe we need drone days?

Pick perhaps five or six days a month, allow us our freedom, to fly, film, race, generally have our fun.

You can pretty much fly wherever you want by making your own drone or turning the NFZs off with older firmware but it's at your own discretion and imo our own discretion is the best regulation only if we have enough of the best information.

The only thing I've modded were the velocity up and down rates as it takes way too long to come down at 2.0m/s or even 3.0m/s.  Ascent rate of 6 instead of 3-5 is more ideal.  Anymore and the batteries resistance eventually goes up making it not last as long.
2019-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 01:39
You can pretty much fly wherever you want by making your own drone or turning the NFZs off with older firmware but it's at your own discretion and imo our own discretion is the best regulation only if we have enough of the best information.

The only thing I've modded were the velocity up and down rates as it takes way too long to come down at 2.0m/s or even 3.0m/s.  Ascent rate of 6 instead of 3-5 is more ideal.  Anymore and the batteries resistance eventually goes up making it not last as long.

I understand the descent rates were lowered to reduce the fault of the vortex state happening, rocking the craft out of control, and often crashing.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-1 01:50
I understand the descent rates were lowered to reduce the fault of the vortex state happening, rocking the craft out of control, and often crashing.

lol, it's safe because the IMU is still keeping the drone level on the way down
2019-12-1
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 02:12
lol, it's safe because the IMU is still keeping the drone level on the way down

You have no idea what VRS is, do you?
2019-12-1
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fans401eae79 Posted at 9-27 16:24
X7 is a full frame camera ,how fo you mount that big camera on mavic?Mavic you can put it in a poket,inspire 2 in trunk of a car.

The Zenmuse X7 is Super 35mm (half full frame).
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 12-1 03:10
You have no idea what VRS is, do you?

You are basing it all upon a bad setup.  I've descended at 8.0m/s at high altitude w/o issues on all the drones.  It's the best when you need to get on the ground asap.

I was testing at 50° angular tilt in atti with -8.0m/s then +8.0m/s then down and had a Compass Error. Exit GPS but it went away after 30 seconds of flying slow.  Never did that again.  I put everything back to stock except 6.0m/s climb and -8.0m/s descent.
2019-12-1
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 12:14
You are basing it all upon a bad setup.  I've descended at 8.0m/s at high altitude w/o issues on all the drones.  It's the best when you need to get on the ground asap.

No, I don't base it on a bad setup.
Drones are subject to normal rotorcraft aerodynamics, including vortex ring state.
Frame design, size, and power have an impact on the probability of entering the state and recovering from it.
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 12-1 12:22
No, I don't base it on a bad setup.
Drones are subject to normal rotorcraft aerodynamics, including vortex ring state.
Frame design, size, and power have an impact on the probability of entering the state and recovering from it.

I've tested it under 17mph+ winds and with no wind.  Holds perfectly.

If you have the ability to motor-cut it will flip of death until the motors are restarted.  -8.0m/s is not a complete motor-cut.  I use a racer quad that has the ability to motor-cut and it's fine.
2019-12-1
Use props
Richpe
lvl.2

Croatia

The theme:

OsitaLV on tweeter
Nov 19
More
I heard some rumors about the prototype of Inspire 3 under alpha test, a new transformation mechanism will be used.
They have better deal with landing gear issues on Inspire series, sometimes it stucks accidentally.
Hope they keep step-less iris control..

Thats a buger, if it is in "alpha stage" it will come inne less than 6 months..i really hoped at least for chinise new yera of metal rat.. haha
2019-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 02:12
lol, it's safe because the IMU is still keeping the drone level on the way down

I’m not here to Argue this point.

But it’s a known issue, that has affected many who were here, long before you or I.

My wish is that you descend and land safely after every flight.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Richpe Posted at 12-1 15:01
The theme:

OsitaLV on tweeter

It won’t be long now...

RedHotPoker
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-1 15:13
I’m not here to Argue this point.

But it’s a known issue, that has affected many who were here, long before you or I.

I understand but some people just cannot let go of certain information no matter how much change has happened.  Companies that do this end up look like Kodak and Myspace.  Ultimately, the fault of the people on top, the deciders.

I used to not like DJI due to the flyaways w/ the first Phantoms and flip of deaths with the S800.  Went to get the Spark for some aerial filming of me as a tracking tripod cost too much.  Ended up learning all kinds of things about production.  Now I'm learning about gaming coding, AR, and smart glasses.  It's pretty much an extension of everything I've learned to date.  I can make things be so influential people will Have to believe it is true.  I understand certain things we can't do anything about which is why I want to make a presentation about those areas as well.  I just don't like the fact things matter at certain times when it's the same thing.  It can be very confusing this way but understandable.  Just need to make it clearly understandable.  I just see a lot of areas of life that could be implemented for quick analysis but w/o having tech help us, everything would continue to remain scattered.  It won't take long to make any presentation once I've built up the foundation.  All you pretty much need to do is change the variables. : )
2019-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 18:27
I understand but some people just cannot let go of certain information no matter how much change has happened.  Companies that do this end up look like Kodak and Myspace.  Ultimately, the fault of the people on top, the deciders.

I used to not like DJI due to the flyaways w/ the first Phantoms and flip of deaths with the S800.  Went to get the Spark for some aerial filming of me as a tracking tripod cost too much.  Ended up learning all kinds of things about production.  Now I'm learning about gaming coding, AR, and smart glasses.  It's pretty much an extension of everything I've learned to date.  I can make things be so influential people will Have to believe it is true.  I understand certain things we can't do anything about which is why I want to make a presentation about those areas as well.  I just don't like the fact things matter at certain times when it's the same thing.  It can be very confusing this way but understandable.  Just need to make it clearly understandable.  I just see a lot of areas of life that could be implemented for quick analysis but w/o having tech help us, everything would continue to remain scattered.  It won't take long to make any presentation once I've built up the foundation.  All you pretty much need to do is change the variables. : )

All of which, has absolutely nothing, to do,  about our, or within thee actual discussion above.

You may be a great debater, or not, yet to be proven here. Hehe

RedHotPoker

2019-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the Evo 2 launch I expect DJI will have to up their game with the new Inspire and Mavic products.
2019-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 01:22
With the Evo 2 launch I expect DJI will have to up their game with the new Inspire and Mavic products.

We shall be witness to the aftermath. I’m only interested from a side liner perspective.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-2 00:25
All of which, has absolutely nothing, to do,  about our, or within thee actual discussion above.

You may be a great debater, or not, yet to be proven here. Hehe

I prefer no argument.
2019-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 12-2 02:51
I prefer no argument.

At this time, I wish to concur, with your evidence, and fold my objections. ;-)

You're a good fellow to me.  Please be that for others.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-2 03:14
At this time, I wish to concur, with your evidence, and fold my objections. ;-)

Your a good fellow to me.  Please be that for others.

I'm always a good fellow to everyone.
2019-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 12-2 03:16
I'm always a good fellow to everyone.

Sir, I can only represent my own feelings. Yes, you are.

20BD2BBE-3158-45A9-B184-A103BB679910.png
RedHotPoker
2019-12-2
Use props
Richpe
lvl.2

Croatia

RedHot have you some kind good feeling?
42AAE7DD-057F-4917-84DF-6EAB292729EB.jpeg
2019-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Richpe Posted at 12-23 11:57
RedHot have you some kind good feeling?

Only you know and I know. Haha

RedHotPoker

2019-12-23
Use props
Richpe
lvl.2

Croatia

Dont tell anyone, let it be suprise
2019-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Richpe Posted at 12-24 14:10
Dont tell anyone, let it be a suprise.
539A4153-5B59-40CA-A534-3D7658652CC3.jpeg
Let it be A 'surprise' you said?
Shhhh, no louder than a library mouse, with an overdue book... ;-)
6BC9E87E-6FA2-4180-8011-1B712B665E05.jpeg

If we can’t be trusted to keep our own secret, how could I have, if we’d, expect others to, too?

Do tell, who else will find out?
FEA7EA89-98AB-4D94-A744-B501969012B5.jpeg
Don’t turn the lights down yet, just now... ;-)

500A07B7-7148-4F10-93FE-5952807D91C8.jpeg
RedHotPoker

2019-12-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now I'm excited!
2020-1-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need to start my 2nd mortgage loan
2020-1-14
Use props
Richpe
lvl.2

Croatia

Ok.. now its time.. next 10 days are crucial
2020-6-15
Use props
wellington_drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2426342 ft
Canada

Its now Feb 2021....This is so frustrating waiting to see if an I3 will ever come to light...  All saved up for an Inspire 2 Advanced, but with it being 4 years old...i'd be so ticked if the I3, or something else from DJI, came out to best it. This will be the last serious drone purchase for like the next 5 years.  Are there any new rumours or info on this?? Thanks
2021-2-21
Use props
GeorgMoeller
New

Germany

wellington_drone Posted at 2-21 14:17
Its now Feb 2021....This is so frustrating waiting to see if an I3 will ever come to light...  All saved up for an Inspire 2 Advanced, but with it being 4 years old...i'd be so ticked if the I3, or something else from DJI, came out to best it. This will be the last serious drone purchase for like the next 5 years.  Are there any new rumours or info on this?? Thanks

Yes, thats what I would like to now as well. Not sure if it makes sense to wait for I3 or just buy I2 this year.
2021-2-21
Use props
wellington_drone
lvl.2
Canada

GeorgMoeller Posted at 2-21 15:48
Yes, thats what I would like to now as well. Not sure if it makes sense to wait for I3 or just buy I2 this year.

It's frustrating when you're trying to advance your business.
2021-2-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

wellington_drone Posted at 2-21 17:37
It's frustrating when you're trying to advance your business.

Just out of my curiosity ... What features better than already offered by Inspire 2 you're looking for?
2021-2-22
Use props
wellington_drone
lvl.2
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-22 13:10
Just out of my curiosity ... What features better than already offered by Inspire 2 you're looking for?

Age related...a 4 year old drone is likely to have an upgrade.  To invest over $10,000 into a 4 year old Inspire 2, just to see an I3 out this year or next, would really upset me.  It would be my last major drone purchase for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not a fan of the 21 minute flight time on the I2.  The I3 is likely going to have better flight time, increased range reliability and other features I2 owners have asked for in an I3.  Those comments by I2 owners have also made me hesitant in getting the I2 so late in the game.  Yes, an I3 will have its own issues, every new drone will have problems and kinks to work out.  I can handle risking getting Mavic drones, but not for such a high priced Inspire.  If DJI stated right now the I2 is as good as its going to get....you want better go to the higher end drone Line costing 10's of thousands, I'd get the I2 NOW.  
2021-2-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

wellington_drone Posted at 2-22 18:52
Age related...a 4 year old drone is likely to have an upgrade.  To invest over $10,000 into a 4 year old Inspire 2, just to see an I3 out this year or next, would really upset me.  It would be my last major drone purchase for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not a fan of the 21 minute flight time on the I2.  The I3 is likely going to have better flight time, increased range reliability and other features I2 owners have asked for in an I3.  Those comments by I2 owners have also made me hesitant in getting the I2 so late in the game.  Yes, an I3 will have its own issues, every new drone will have problems and kinks to work out.  I can handle risking getting Mavic drones, but not for such a high priced Inspire.  If DJI stated right now the I2 is as good as its going to get....you want better go to the higher end drone Line costing 10's of thousands, I'd get the I2 NOW.

I see your point ... I'm as close to everything Inspire related as anybody who is dealing with this platform on semi-pro level since day one. And I can tell you what every molecule in my brain is telling me: Inspire is as good as she's going to get. That's it! The reason for this is simple: there's not enough of us to support further research and development. If anything, anything at all better than Inspire 2, it will be an offspring from Enterprise class with quadrupled price tag. IMHO, naturally.
2021-2-22
Use props
Scott MF
lvl.2
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-22 20:57
I see your point ... I'm as close to everything Inspire related as anybody who is dealing with this platform on semi-pro level since day one. And I can tell you what every molecule in my brain is telling me: Inspire is as good as she's going to get. That's it! The reason for this is simple: there's not enough of us to support further research and development. If anything, anything at all better than Inspire 2, it will be an offspring from Enterprise class with quadrupled price tag. IMHO, naturally.

Glad to hear that from an Inspire owner!  I honestly don't know how DJI could make it better, other than flight time.  The lens are interchangeable...options out there.  Its a solid build.  It has ADS-B....I don't need to fly it 4 miles away.  The drone will be "new" at purchase so I could last 4 to 5 years as my primary drone.  Are there any issues at the moment with the I2?
2021-2-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Scott MF Posted at 2-23 09:36
Glad to hear that from an Inspire owner!  I honestly don't know how DJI could make it better, other than flight time.  The lens are interchangeable...options out there.  Its a solid build.  It has ADS-B....I don't need to fly it 4 miles away.  The drone will be "new" at purchase so I could last 4 to 5 years as my primary drone.  Are there any issues at the moment with the I2?

If you clearly understand the purpose of Inspire 2 and don't expect miracles no drone is capable to deliver, this is the most affordable action filming machine on the market. Far from perfection, but the price is a key factor here. Inspire has issue holding hovering position steady enough to replace a camera tripod. Some specimens will wobble more obviously, most will wobble less, none is rock solid. But - to be fair - a drone is not designed to replace a dolly, tripod, crane or cable cam. It's a device for aerial imagery, period. She's going to be good at it for next 5 years ...
2021-2-23
Use props
Scott MF
lvl.2
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-23 12:24
If you clearly understand the purpose of Inspire 2 and don't expect miracles no drone is capable to deliver, this is the most affordable action filming machine on the market. Far from perfection, but the price is a key factor here. Inspire has issue holding hovering position steady enough to replace a camera tripod. Some specimens will wobble more obviously, most will wobble less, none is rock solid. But - to be fair - a drone is not designed to replace a dolly, tripod, crane or cable cam. It's a device for aerial imagery, period. She's going to be good at it for next 5 years ...

Well said.  Thank you so much!
2021-2-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker posted this thread in November 2018 ... Sadly I totally missed His departure ... A longtime Phantom forum contributor and fascinating individual whom I had the opportunity to meet personally. Charlie's calming, naively innocent, sometimes awkward and bizarre comments were always entertaining. RIP, Brother Charlie ...
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules