WHAT IS or WILL HAPPEN to PROMISED features?
12Next >
4156 47 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am still wondering what is or will happen to promised features... I am SURE WAYPOINTS 2 is mentioned in the Owners Guide, also called Manual... and there were also promises to add the feature "precise landing" (which I do call "precise take off")

How nice it would be to hear from DJI... the DJI GO 4 APP was updated the day before yesterday, but still... no waypoints 2... also the latest DJI Mavic 2 PRO firmware does not show the waypoints they advertised with...

Oh oh ohhhhh…

Happy flying!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-5
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

All the hype, and no delivery, is exactly why I am still keeping my purse strings closed.
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we will get them how quick is the million dollar question, I know that with Mavic Pro they were still adding features 18 months after its release.
I’m expecting waypoints will be in next FW and hopefully for those who are looking for PL , but I don’t think dji will give any dates for this FW update.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello CanonMax. I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the follow up. Please check our website www.dji.com for updates and rest assured that I will be sending this thread to our R&D team for further updates on the said product. Thank you for your patience and support.
2018-11-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Multi-million dollar questions are -
Why DJI did not deliver on features that they promoted in Big-Wow event AFTER having delayed MP2 announcement / release?
Why a few continue to shrug-off DJI failing to deliver?

2018-11-5
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-5 08:04
Because some of us are patient & realize the Mavic 2 is new.   The Mavic Pro did not have Precision Landing out of the gate & features were still being added more than a year after its initial release.

Waiting shouldn't be the norm. Would you buy a car or a house with missing promised features with no timeline on when they would be delivered?

DJI has failed to meet expectations with their "Coming Soon" tags on those features.
I think most of us are trying to figure out what "Coming Soon" means.

Granted, it has only been a month or so but if we have to wait 18 months, I can predict people will not be so eager to jump on the wagon at the next release.

If we had dates, we wouldn't be so frustrated.

2018-11-5
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Avi8tor0 Posted at 11-5 09:42
Waiting shouldn't be the norm. Would you buy a car or a house with missing promised features with no timeline on when they would be delivered?

DJI has failed to meet expectations with their "Coming Soon" tags on those features.

I agree, and disagree.
I agree in the part that, like indeed if you buy a car and  you should nog have to wait for the steering or lights to be developed after you have buyed it.
Disagree in the part that you have an awesome drone, and the extras you want/expect are extras. They are not necessary,  and it is better that they take some time so it will work right, right from the beginning
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Avi8tor0 Posted at 11-5 09:42
Waiting shouldn't be the norm. Would you buy a car or a house with missing promised features with no timeline on when they would be delivered?

DJI has failed to meet expectations with their "Coming Soon" tags on those features.

Don’t think it will be 18 months, I think only thing promised on release was waypoints for hyperlapse which I would imagine should come with next FW (Hopfully), I also believe we will see more improvements that weren’t promised, if you have ever purchased a Camera you may also know that many features now come with future FW updates, you also would own a phone and this also improves with updates , I think it’s a tech thing these days.
This can be a two way thing, would you like if improved tech is added to you craft were possible and this is exactly what was done over time with Mavic Pro , which has made this the great craft it is today.
2018-11-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Because some of us are patient & realize the Mavic 2 is new.   The Mavic Pro did not have Precision Landing out of the gate & features were still being added more than a year after its initial release.

Sure, but Mavic 2 isn't a whole new bird.  Mavic 2 is follow on to Mavic Pro with some Mavic Air features tossed in.  Minus one compass.   The logic and process flow of precision landing has already been worked out.  Should have been a case of migrating.
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You do have waypoints unlimited on GS PRO, so missions can be set out and carried out.
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-5 17:45
You do have waypoints unlimited on GS PRO, so missions can be set out and carried out.

2018-11-5
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Let's escalate this to ........The Higher Team!!!

DUN_DUN_DUN.jpg
2018-11-5
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

If someone bought the Mavic 2 specifically for these features and later found out that they are not yet present, I can understand the frustration. But if that's not the case, then really people, get out there and enjoy your ACs. There's a ton of features and endless possibilities these machines offer. Just have some fun with them and stop whining.
2018-11-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-5 23:32
Precision Landing is a nice feature to have, but it is something I seldom take advantage of so waiting isn't a major concern to me.  I always land manually.

Most of time, by preference I takeoff and land manually.  However, there have been few times I went with RTH / Precision landing by choice, and one case by auto-triggered RTH / Precision landing.

In one auto-triggered case, I was flying in an area where semi-Precision landing would have been fine.  Still, great relief to see your drone land within inches of its take off point, after R.C. was disconnected for too long.
2018-11-6
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

thats just normal behavior at DJI. We'll get these promised features in time, but not yet and not tomorrow - give them time to test and secure the functionality to be 100% working instead of releasing it under pressure and make our birds go on an unwanted trip. We as customers can't always say that the firmware updates bring bugs and crashes and then cry over DJI because they take time to test and improve the functoinality
2018-11-7
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This reminds me of the situation with the Apple Final Cut Pro X  (FCPX)  that when launched had few features but over the following 18 months had all of them introduced.  In one way it is "testing"  They release the base software and it gets stress tested by a lot of users, then they add features one at a time.   This is not to say they are using the users to test the aircraft. I am sure they are testing them in house but when you add in many thousands of random testers you stress test the system.    The safest thing is to them add one new feature at a time.  As long as these upgrades are free I don't mind this.

The alternative is a MUCH longer development cycle and you wait a bit longer (a year or more?) for a drone with all the features.
2018-11-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

"Coming Soon " really should have called  Coming Sometime ... its already been released 3 months and nothing has been added ....  lies ..
2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sky Donkey Posted at 11-7 13:24
"Coming Soon " really should have called  Coming Sometime ... its already been released 3 months and nothing has been added ....  lies ..

Waypoints for GS has been added, what is it your missing ?
2018-11-7
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sky Donkey Posted at 11-7 13:24

so what , in days, is the difference between "soon" and "sometime"?    Testing  aviation SW is not a trivial task.  
2018-11-7
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I do understand that the Mavic Pro may have added promise features after release.  You need to keep in mind however, people who are on this forum come from different countries and cultures, where delivering features after release, which were promised before release, is either against the law or ethically wrong. I know that in Australia that DJI’s behavior, in this manner, is illegal and they could be fined millions of dollars for false advertising.
2018-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will not be buying it until the features are available - put it that way!
2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UNsyncED Posted at 11-7 16:45
I do understand that the Mavic Pro may have added promise features after release.  You need to keep in mine however, people who are on this forum come from different countries and cultures, where delivering features after release, which were promised before release, is either against the law or ethically wrong. I know that in Australia that DJI’s behavior, in this manner, is illegal and they could be fined millions of dollars for false advertising.

I think only thing I can think of that was in the advertising before release or on day one of release that’s missing now is the ability to store hyperlapse waypoints, some improvements were made in last FW.
We now have waypoints in GS.
One thing that wasn’t in initial release was precision Landing and I’m sure with all the publicity regarding this, those who purchased after release date would have been aware of this.
Now dji on this board have promised it with a future update, so it should come, I’m sure if this was just a flick of a switch we would already have this, but probably best to get this right first.
So M2P is missing one thing M2Z is up to date.
2018-11-8
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Precision Landing is a nice feature to have, but it is something I seldom take advantage of so waiting isn't a major concern to me.  I always land manually.

It's important when you need RTH in an emengency in an unwelcome environment. I often take off from a small flat patch surrounded by rockes sticking out of the ground - 20cm left or righ and you say good-bye to the props. You'd also want to land in the middle of the helipad if it's placed on half a meter of snow...
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

for precise landing... yes in the mavic pro we have a checkbox on every auto takeoff for that option which raises the craft higher.. but in the spark.. we have precise landing but no precise takeoff.. you have to do it by taking off... then manually flying straight up to 10m/30ft pause and fly off... not saying it will work but try taking off and flying straight up .. do a RTH and see if the green precision landing banner comes up on decent..  with the spark.. precise landing is almost a necessity if you take off in tight places as landing just with gps is a 5+meter proposition sometimes.. I have had it land more than 20 ft from T/O position
2018-11-8
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

BumblerBee Posted at 11-8 06:02
It's important when you need RTH in an emengency in an unwelcome environment. I often take off from a small flat patch surrounded by rockes sticking out of the ground - 20cm left or righ and you say good-bye to the props. You'd also want to land in the middle of the helipad if it's placed on half a meter of snow...

how about letting it RTH and than do the landing manually?
2018-11-8
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 14:03

I don't remember the Waypoints 2 advertised with the Mavic 2 Pro launch requiring the puchase of an iPad for functionality. The impression was that Waypoints 2 wouldn't cost any additional money or require additional hardware.

GS Pro requires the purchase and use of an iPad, so Waypoints 2 will cost me approximately $500 to use and I'll lose the ability to use my CrystalSky which is much brighter in sunlight than an iPad.
2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zatx Posted at 11-8 11:05
I don't remember the Waypoints 2 advertised with the Mavic 2 Pro launch requiring the puchase of an iPad for functionality. The impression was that Waypoints 2 wouldn't cost any additional money or require additional hardware.

GS Pro requires the purchase and use of an iPad, so Waypoints 2 will cost me approximately $500 to use and I'll lose the ability to use my CrystalSky which is much brighter in sunlight than an iPad.

That’s the one I couldn’t think of waypoints 2, so maybe we will see this in future FW updates, I for one would rather use a dedicated app litchi for waypoints it’s far better than dji have ever come up with and it’s pretty cheap and works across all devices and I don’t think waypoints 2 will match up to litchi.
2018-11-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 11:29
That’s the one I couldn’t think of waypoints 2, so maybe we will see this in future FW updates, I for one would rather use a dedicated app litchi for waypoints it’s far better than dji have ever come up with and it’s pretty cheap and works across all devices and I don’t think waypoints 2 will match up to litchi.

There is also the functionality of the M2 and Goggles RE working together (Dual-Band), which is why I purchased the M2.
2018-11-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you really want waypoints, fly with litchi.  It’s a better overall experience.  Otherwise, be patient and when it’s safe and ready... it will be released.  Simple as that.
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UNsyncED Posted at 11-8 21:36
There is also the functionality of the M2 and Goggles RE working together (Dual-Band), which is why I purchased the M2.

Yeah again forgot this one don’t use goggles so my bad, hopefully soon.
2018-11-9
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-9 06:46
If you really want waypoints, fly with litchi.  It’s a better overall experience.  Otherwise, be patient and when it’s safe and ready... it will be released.  Simple as that.

Thank you Mr. Oracle... of course I do own Litchi and Litchi Vue and Litchi for Osmo… good products, but I would love when all those ways of flying were present in the DJO GO 4 app...
I LOVE my Flight Records hehe

Take Care!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-11
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 14:03

I installed and tested GSpro 2.0 with my Mavic 2pro.
I had connection to the mavic Video picture was there,
but NO CONNECTION to set waypoints!
So I asked Dji about that and they answered Mavic 2 pro is not yet compatible...
You say ist works, have you tested it ?
2018-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Heavenone Posted at 11-12 05:37
I installed and tested GSpro 2.0 with my Mavic 2pro.
I had connection to the mavic Video picture was there,
but NO CONNECTION to set waypoints!

Not to sure if you read post #12 , this came with last iOS update. I haven’t yet tested on M2 but have with P4Pro and it works fine, I also will refer you to link above, GS and it’s compatibility come in second half of the video.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=172071
2018-11-12
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 05:45
Not to sure if you read post #12 , this came with last iOS update. I haven’t yet tested on M2 but have with P4Pro and it works fine, I also will refer you to link above, GS and it’s compatibility come in second half of the video.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=172071

Ah GREAT! Thanks for this Ifo!
I thougt i read it somewhere that gs pro is compatible to Mavic 2.....
But with my Mavic 2 pro it do not work yet...perhaps I try to install it once more!
2018-11-12
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Habe nun GS pro 2.0 auf Ipad gelöscht, neu installiert, nun funktioniert es.
Bei besserem Weter mal im Flug testen.
2018-11-12
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Heavenone Posted at 11-12 07:17
Habe nun GS pro 2.0 auf Ipad gelöscht, neu installiert, nun funktioniert es.
Bei besserem Weter mal im Flug testen.

Have GS pro 2.0 on my ipad deleted and installed new.
Now it works...but not tested in flight because bad weather.
2018-11-12
Use props
liketofly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315561 ft
Austria

Yea....

and still no Android app....
2018-11-12
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

I always land manually too, but the one time your controller disconnects for your aircraft, you'll want Precision Landing. Otherwise, you may be chasing your Mavic 2 into the lake or road.
2018-11-12
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Canada

DJI is very busy with the M2 Enterprise and don't have time for its customers who bought the M2P.... its all about $.
2018-11-12
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Canada

My mavic 2 pro is very accurate when it comes to return to home landing, I always take off from my home driveway and when i press return to home button, it lands on the driveway, but not my driveway, my neighbour's driveway....!
2018-11-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules