Two Questions
777 4 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

1) Only having home wifi on the tablet, does this require me to download a map for my flight location before I go out there. If so, how do I do that exactly?

2) In GPS mode, when people have their P3 in forward motion, if the left stick is at neutral, will the bird maintain altitude or will it gradually descend unless throttle is applied? In other words, do you have to apply more throttle to maintain altitude?  (this latter is the behavior of the "Phantom-like" quadcopter in the simulator RealFlight).

2015-6-2
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Move the map to the location where you'll be flying and zoom in to the level you'd like to view when flying. Make sure to enable the setting in the DJI Pilot application to cache the maps. Otherwise, the cache might be randomly cleared at some point.

2) The bird will maintain altitude in all modes. If and/or when DJI adds manual mode, you'll then have to apply constant throttle via the left stick to stay in the air. Manual mode is a feature in the P2V+ and older Phantoms.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-2
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I have noticed that if you are flying close to the ground, you need to watch the height.  With GPS and even the additional VPS, the Phantom can at times vary in altitude a bit while trying to only fly at a fixed altitude.  I suspect it does this also at higher altitudes, it's just not noticeable.  I would never try to hover just above a tall tree (or any tree).  I also keep my left hand fingers on the throttle if I am making close ground strafing maneuvers.
2015-6-2
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Higher than 1 meter it will hold its position and altitude if your off the sticks..  Hold altitude if your only moving the right stick and hold its position if your only touching the left stick..  It basically flies itself and your stick inputs are just telling it what to do, not how to do it
2015-6-2
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-3 10:52
Higher than 1 meter it will hold its position and altitude if your off the sticks..  Hold altitude i ...

Thank you guys.

PhantomHelp, I believe I have successfully cached the map for the flight area. However, I can't find what you are referring to within the app for an area that might "randomly clear the cache." All I can see is something about calibrating for China...which I don't think I want to do.

Also, I've set an RTH altitude of 50 ( presume it is meters...and I won't have to reset it again when I fly,..though I will check just in case). Does that sound like a reasonable altitude?
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules