Used drones for sale section
2254 35 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

It seems as if a couple of people are selling their drones. Could admin maybe add a Classified section, for people wanting to sell drones, and related accessories that are no longer used?

Could be a good way to get some excess stuff sold, or swapped.
Ideas?

Single SelectVote, Total 37 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

81.08% (30)
18.92% (7)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-11-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good suggestion - safer to buy from people on here you may know a little
2018-11-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sound like a good idea.
2018-11-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great idea, thanks for sharing
2018-11-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

agreed - it is a good idea
2018-11-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good idea. Has been brought up here many times before but never materialized. Mods aren't having it I guess. They'll probably send you a link directly to their store.
2018-11-5
Use props
Ben Spain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139688 ft
Spain

Would be a nice to have, thanks for sharing
2018-11-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-5 04:16
Good suggestion - safer to buy from people on here you may know a little

I agree with you - although it may be requiring DJI to assume some level of responsibility?
2018-11-5
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Great idea, hope they will create one
2018-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I agree it will be nice to buy from guys on here,
2018-11-5
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Excellent idea, but am not sure that DJI will like this
2018-11-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 11-5 06:55
I agree with you - although it may be requiring DJI to assume some level of responsibility?

Yeah - they'll probably need to vet the sellers and will no doubt charge a commission fee
2018-11-5
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

Just my two cents, I would never buy a used drone without inspecting in person and flight testing it.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this suggestion to us. I will forward your suggestion to our R&D department for future request. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-5
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Maybe DJI can put a disclaimer on the sales. Like some of the other sites and forums? Classifieds should have many images of the original product and a full fescription.

This could help some people sell  and some to find a good deal. Filters for instance, some buy the whole kit, to only use one or two. Could sell the ones not in use for a few bucks.

Buyers could be guests that browse the forum, maybe see a good deal on a drone, be interested.

Obviously if you want to inspect the goods, you could only look around at things for sale in your area, country.

We have a very nice photography forum in South Africa, with a good and trustworthy classified service. Got many a excellent lens or accessory there over the years.
You get to know the members, some better than others. Not foolproof, but nothing in life is.

2018-11-5
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI could maybe put a nice disclaimer on. Saying you should never trust fools, don't buy from South Africans, Jada jada jada. Whatever need to be said to cover their you know whats.

Also, this will not be a retail shop etc, they will only supply the platform, data, area to advertise their used products that their customers want to sell privately.
2018-11-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Agreed !!
2018-11-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-5 09:07
Yeah - they'll probably need to vet the sellers and will no doubt charge a commission fee

If that was implemented it would work out to be the same end cost as if DJI was buying back your old devices.
2018-11-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 11-5 11:26
DJI could maybe put a nice disclaimer on. Saying you should never trust fools, don't buy from South Africans, Jada jada jada. Whatever need to be said to cover their you know whats.

Also, this will not be a retail shop etc, they will only supply the platform, data, area to advertise their used products that their customers want to sell privately.

I like the idea, unfortunately do not think DJI has any plans to implement such a platform. Take a look at automotive OEMs, they don't advertise their used cars or offer to show customers' cars for sale. Invariably, the final margin would be the same when we finally listed our drones as what DJI offers for buyback of old devices, the market supposedly is efficient so there really wouldn't be much to gain than the current offers.
2018-11-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

they cant even get the "SEARCH" function to work properly on here...
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for suggestion! We will consider about it.   
Any suggestions are welcome!
2018-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How so? they are not buying through DJI.
2018-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 11-5 17:57
they cant even get the "SEARCH" function to work properly on here...

And your point is?
2018-11-5
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I like the idea.
2018-11-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the problem is, if there was a SALE section, it would bring in scammers and con artists that would show up just to take peoples money and NOT send them any equipment. To combat this DJI would have to start a validation system to keep the rifraf out and then we're talking more time, money, workers, etc. Bottom line, it would be a hassel, take more resources, draw in scammers, and in the end it would only cut into their sales. So yeah, I'm against it. Just my two cents.

PLUS, DJI has a buyback system. Why would they want people to go around the system they put in place?
2018-11-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 11-5 16:11
If that was implemented it would work out to be the same end cost as if DJI was buying back your old devices.

I guess so - which is a no then
2018-11-5
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Agree with you me too. I think it's a good idea.
2018-11-6
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

Sounds like a good idea to me
2018-11-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-5 18:52
How so? they are not buying through DJI.

There is an open unstructured secondary market.
2018-11-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-5 23:46
I guess so - which is a no then

There is an unsophisticated open market that is only competitive for DJI drones that are still under warranty. The variability for buyers isn't worth the cost and risk when you can buy refurbished.

The only scenario in which there could be a feasible deal is someone who purchased their drone, flew it many times, then crashed it, has DJI Care Refresh and gets a new replacement. The person can sell the never flown new replacement drone in the open market, but for less than what DJI currently sells the drone refurbished.

Example: Mavic Pro - Sells for $999 then the cost for Care Refresh $99 and $79 for replacement, or approx. $1,180. The realistic cost to fly the Mavic Pro (if you sold the new replacement for $749) would be $430. That works out to be 43% of the cost to buy a new Mavic Pro, or 57% of the cost of what you sold the replacement Mavic Pro.

At the end of day no matter how you look at the deal - it is expensive to own a Mavic Pro....
2018-11-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 11-6 15:24
There is an unsophisticated open market that is only competitive for DJI drones that are still under warranty. The variability for buyers isn't worth the cost and risk when you can buy refurbished.

The only scenario in which there could be a feasible deal is someone who purchased their drone, flew it many times, then crashed it, has DJI Care Refresh and gets a new replacement. The person can sell the never flown new replacement drone in the open market, but for less than what DJI currently sells the drone refurbished.

I wish they would add the refurb section to the UK on line store. Some great deals on there.
2018-11-6
Use props
lvr123
lvl.2
Canada

https://DroneTrader.com has a pretty good moderated classifieds system for used and broken drones that seems to keep spam to a minimum. US and Canada only though...
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_28QJZNPq3Sg4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31211 ft

India

Nice idea. Dji should create a section so that users can sell their drones or accessories. By creating another section all needs of users will be fullfilled here on dji forum
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

djiuser_28QJZNPq3Sg4 Posted at 11-9 07:23
Nice idea. Dji should create a section so that users can sell their drones or accessories. By creating another section all needs of users will be fullfilled here on dji forum

yep... the bean counters at DJI would love the idea of running a used market place on a site they pay to host to undercut their sales... marketing should have thought of that years ago....

sorry .. the door was open... had to take the shot....
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_Ns8NuQOY4KxO
New

Myanmar

If you are finding drones to buy or sell, Then Drone Sales Australia is a leading drone classified site here you can find a best DJI drone sales, services, training, operators jobs hire Australia.
2019-3-20
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Last thing I would want to do I buy a used drone
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules