Having miserable issues with phantom 4
1044 11 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackshot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456634 ft
United States

Where to start... It wont connect to my iphone 6S, I cant download DJI assistant, the Phantom will not update its driver, and calibration failed BADLY. I hsve exhausted all options to the point where now I only have a $750 bag of useless crap.My phone has no idea the P4 is there. Doesnt even register being plugged into the controller.
The Assistant is an infinite loophole of redownloading the same link to nowhere that doesnt even work to link itself.
I tried every method of calibration and connections available. NO AVAIL.
Anybody able to help with even a single one of thesse things?

2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How long have you had it, was it bought new?

Did it ever work?

Do you have the correct Go app loaded on your phone?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. I understand that you are having an issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device and try to check if the DJI Go 4 application will be able to detect the drone. Thank you.
2018-11-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe time for a complete reset and go from scratch.
2018-11-6
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

I don't know anything about iphones, but in some android devices you need to go into developer options and set the usb in order to communicate with the controller.
Did you reboot your phone, and the controller in correct order, that's another thing you may have to do in order to have communication between devices.
also have you watched any tutorials by dji or others?

2018-11-6
Use props
Blackshot
lvl.1
United States

hello all. @RedHotPoker I got it fresh from the box a few days ago. @dji stephen I uninstalled the app on my phone AND tablet I just purchased. Even my Galaxy tab A wont find it. I tried all the forums and recommendations people have given. Even set the controller and P4 to factory.  @tree  I am still rummaging through videos like a fat kid in a cookie storm.  
2018-11-6
Use props
Blackshot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-6 06:19
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. I understand that you are having an issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device and try to check if the DJI Go 4 application will be able to detect the drone. Thank you.

I have wiped my phone and Galaxy Tab A to try and link.  Even with a factory reset P4 and controller, neither device sees the UAV
2018-11-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Blackshot Posted at 11-6 14:25
I have wiped my phone and Galaxy Tab A to try and link.  Even with a factory reset P4 and controller, neither device sees the UAV

First thing is to try replacing the cable that you connect between the RC control unit and the phone or tablet. Often the cables are are just for charging and don't work with externbal devices.
2018-11-6
Use props
Blackshot
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-6 14:48
First thing is to try replacing the cable that you connect between the RC control unit and the phone or tablet. Often the cables are are just for charging and don't work with externbal devices.

I GOT IT!!!!!! (on accident) I connected my galaxy to the controller with its provided data cord. then I turned on the controller. Then after they booted up, I turned on my P4.
Have to do it in this order each time or there is no connection.
2018-11-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, start up sequence is also important.

Glad you have figured it out. Now go fly.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Blackshot Posted at 11-6 14:23
hello all. @RedHotPoker I got it fresh from the box a few days ago. @dji stephen I uninstalled the app on my phone AND tablet I just purchased. Even my Galaxy tab A wont find it. I tried all the forums and recommendations people have given. Even set the controller and P4 to factory.  @tree  I am still rummaging through videos like a fat kid in a cookie storm.

Happy days are here again... hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Blackshot Posted at 11-6 15:48
I GOT IT!!!!!! (on accident) I connected my galaxy to the controller with its provided data cord. then I turned on the controller. Then after they booted up, I turned on my P4.
Have to do it in this order each time or there is no connection.

Hi Blackshot, I'm glad that you were able to find a solution on the issue. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules