Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GH5 2.4 Firmware Lense Attachment Failure
3959 6 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FelixFilms
lvl.1
United States

As soon as I updated the GH5 firmware to 2.4 from 2.3, when USB-C cable is attached to Ronin-S upon turning on the camera saids:"Lens attachement failed.  Please make sure the lens is attached correctly."  
The camera becomes unusable.

The only fix for this is if I dettach the cable before turning on the camera, then re-attach the cable.  The lens will work after this.

BUT, it shouldn't be this way.  DJI please fix this.

Anyone else notice this issue?
I updated to the latest September 2018 firmware for the Ronin-S to try to resolve this.  No fix.

2018-11-6
Use props
FelixFilms
lvl.1
United States

2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FelixFilms, we're sorry for the troubles. This has been forwarded to our engineers for check and review, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-11-7
Use props
fansa04fdfe1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109616 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-11-7 02:06
Hi FelixFilms, we're sorry for the troubles. This has been forwarded to our engineers for check and review, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thank you!

I am having the same issue. Has there been any fix for this?
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa04fdfe1 Posted at 2-9 22:24
I am having the same issue. Has there been any fix for this?

Sorry for the late response. For the Lense Attachment Failure, you may detach the lens from the camera body and gently wipe the contacts on the lens and the camera body using a dry cotton swab.
Attach the lens, turn this unit on again to see whether it helps.
2019-2-18
Use props
Capt. Bob
lvl.1
United States

This problem still exists with GH5 and has nothing to do with the lens contacts.  You can simply turn on the camera first, then plug in the connecting USB-C cord and all works ok.  The problem shows up when the cord is plugged in first, then camera powered on.  I'm on the latest Ronin S firmware, as well as current on the GH5 firmware at version 2.6.  It's easily and consistently reproduced with all three of my GH5's.
2020-7-15
Use props
attaboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76841 ft
Canada

Same here. Brand new GH5 + RSC2 updated firmware = lens attachment failure. Like said above nothing to do with contacts.
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules