2056 15 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124724 ft
Poland

Hi!

I have the short question to all owners of DJI products, especially Mavic Air owners.
I got my Mavic AIR (btw insane piece of tech!), however, I'm pretty sure that my box has been open before.
Question:
1. Was your box in foil? My one was not and the box can be easily opened from the bottom without cutting seal.
2. Can you look on photos and comment if it might be that new item could have such signs of "usage"?

I could skip that as Mavic was not activated before, however at this price-point as a customer you expect brand new never opened box.
Just want to know how your new drones were looking!

Thanks in advance for any comment.

20181017_164759._ali.jpg
20181021_094416_ali.jpg
20181017_183026_ali_2.jpg
20181017_170322_2.jpg
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi PiotrekD, we're sorry about your issue on your Mavic Air. I tried to use your email and I can't seem to find any order information from DJI Online Store. May I know where it was purchased? Also upon checking the serial number, the unit was activated on 10/18/2018. Have you reported the issue prior this thread?
2018-11-6
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Thank you, Diana, very much for the answer,

I've bought it via Aliexpress, shipped from EU warehouse. So no issue reported directly to DJI as it is not up to you.

My main question is about a film/foil on the box, is it standard for DJI product?
As far I can see even the refurbished products boxes are covered/sealed by foil/film.

Thanks a lot for the answer.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PiotrekD Posted at 11-6 23:03
Thank you, Diana, very much for the answer,

I've bought it via Aliexpress, shipped from EU warehouse. So no issue reported directly to DJI as it is not up to you.

Well technically, if you purchase any DJI products that is new or refurbished, the box must be sealed. May I know if there is any technical issues on the drone?
2018-11-7
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

I'm not sure if this is a drone issue or environment problem, however, I got Aircraft Disconnected two times in the row.

Second time caught here:

Already reported that but don't have the reply from support yet.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PiotrekD Posted at 11-7 10:36
I'm not sure if this is a drone issue or environment problem, however, I got Aircraft Disconnected two times in the row.

Second time caught here:

Hi PiotrekD, this issue could be related to the environment, please do more tests in different places with less radio interference. Besides, please make sure the firmware of the aircraft and RC all have been updated to the latest version and then link them again. Then, the position of the RC antenna is also very important. Please check the screenshot below. GTScreenshot_20181108_121247.png
The activation account of your drone is the same with your Forum account, the drone should be brand-new and no worries, please make sure the flight performance is fine, if the issue persists, please keep us updated.
2018-11-7
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks a lot for all the information,
Yes, the drone was activated by me and I even bought DJ Care Refresh for it but still, the seller should communicate open box and signs on the item.

About disconnection, I've read a lot about this and already did firmware refresh via DJI Assistant 2 (refresh, as the drone, has been already updated by DJI GO 4 app), but is it possible to do same for RC?
I can't see remote controller under DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks

2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PiotrekD Posted at 11-7 23:20
Thanks a lot for all the information,
Yes, the drone was activated by me and I even bought DJ Care Refresh for it but still, the seller should communicate open box and signs on the item.

PiotrekD, did you verify with your reseller about the package? The drone was not activated before, it should be fine.
The firmware of RC can also be refreshed via DJI Assistant 2, please refer to the video below from 1:27.

2018-11-8
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Hi,
Hi again,

I have one more question,
It is the EU version, the seller claims to be the authorized reseller, it also claims that the drone has EU warranty.
- Is it really under EU warranty?
- In case I need to use DJI Care Refresh I've already bought, is a repair center for this drone in EU or China?

Thanks
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hello there, to answer your questions.

1. Upon checking in our system, drone's serial number is under HongKong.
2. DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. So if you purchased DJI Care Refresh in EU and would like to use it, you will be needing to provide the proof of purchase of the drone in order to escalate the issue to request a claim for your drone with different region.
2018-11-11
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks,
I'm really surprised that the EU version is under Hong Kong,
Anyway, can you please explain to me what does exactly mean:
So if you purchased DJI Care Refresh in EU and would like to use it, you will be needing to provide the proof of purchase of the drone in order to escalate the issue to request a claim for your drone with a different region.

You mean proof of purchase from HongKong? Or proof of purchase from Aliexpress?
There was no popup or warning or anything when I was buying DJI Care Refresh with region set to Poland, now I'm bit confused about all that situation.  
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PiotrekD Posted at 11-11 14:25
Thanks,
I'm really surprised that the EU version is under Hong Kong,
Anyway, can you please explain to me what does exactly mean:

Sorry about the confusion. Since you purchased it from AliExpress, a screenshot of the invoice or receipt from the dealer will do. It can be used as a proper documentation that you have purchased it online within Europe but the drone version is HongKong. This will help you to any issues may occur on claiming a replacement using DJI Care plan in future if needed.
2018-11-11
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks a lot, this is the highest level of support I ever experienced

Last question,
Will screenshot from AliExpress: "My orders", plus screenshot from "Order Details" (including  Order number, Logistic Information, and Payment details - all with my personal data ) will be ok in that case too?

Thanks,
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PiotrekD Posted at 11-12 02:30
Thanks a lot, this is the highest level of support I ever experienced

Last question,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your kind words, PiotrekD. Yes, as long as the image will provide us the order number, unit information, tracking number and the payment details.
2018-11-12
Use props
PiotrekD
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks,
My last concern "unit information" do we need a serial number here? Or model, version, and color will be enough?

2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PiotrekD Posted at 11-12 07:33
Thanks,
My last concern "unit information" do we need a serial number here? Or model, version, and color will be enough?

Yes, the information of the drone such us the Model and Serial Numbers.
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules