Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MG-1S 50m height limitation
1067 4 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richardcoo
Flight distance : 8816 ft
New Zealand

Hi everyone,

Most of my spraying work is on hillsides using hericides of various types with adjuvants and wetting agents targetting brush weeds. Most hills average 150m, many are higher. The 50m height limitation is proving to be a real issue for me, as access to these hills is usually from the bottom only. As you can imaging I have no issues if I'm flying down onto the work area. I don't fly out from the hillsides more than 25-50m, hense the activities are considered "shielded" activities.

Has anyone on the Agras forum done any work with the SDK program or developed a work around for the 50m height limitation?
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi richardcoo, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly contact the local dealers and update the firmware to the latest beta firmware. In the beta firmware, the terrain prediction will be available, you may fly as long as the distance between the drone and ground is equal or less than 30 meters no matter where you take off. The maximum height is 120 meters. Hope this helps.
2018-11-7
Use props
richardcoo
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 11-7 02:41
Hi richardcoo, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly contact the local dealers and update the firmware to the latest beta firmware. In the beta firmware, the terrain prediction will be available, you may fly as long as the distance between the drone and ground is equal or less than 30 meters no matter where you take off. The maximum height is 120 meters. Hope this helps.

Thanks Susan, sounds promising. What's the firmware version?
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

richardcoo Posted at 11-7 12:08
Thanks Susan, sounds promising. What's the firmware version?

Hi richardcoo, the firmware version has been sent to you via PM, please check, thank you.
2018-11-8
Use props
richardcoo
New Zealand

Susan/Mindy, I was working in hilly areas today. Updated my Agras to 3.5.0.0 and the RC is running firmware 2.3.0.0. The 50m heigh limitation remains, even when I attempt to climb up a steady hill gradient 10m above the surface. I'm flying manually in "F" and "P" modes. Suggestions to get the 30m above ground level max 120m function working?
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules