Flipped drone on its top
806 8 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scanman50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18563 ft
United States

Also I flipped it over on the blades and finally got it to shut down. I cleaned it very good and then changed all propellors because one was beat up. I waited a couple of days and then took it  out to fly it today . I always take the drone up to about 5 feet off the ground and let it hover. Today when i let it hover it would drift to the right about two feet and then it would drop about 2 feet and then rise again.Then iI took it right about 10ft and let it hover and once again it would float back right a couple of feet. I landed it until i can get some feedback as to why it wont stay in place while hovering.

Thank you

2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Phantom 3 Standard. Can you please try to calibrate your IMU and compass? Also, please make sure that your firmware is updated to the latest version. Thank you.
2018-11-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What ´s with the motors ? Do that all rotate smooth? All sensors as the compass and IMU,barometer and gyroskope,are they ok.?
Maybe the IMU must be re calibrated on an even place.
2018-11-6
Use props
Scanman50
lvl.2
United States

Peterx Posted at 11-6 14:51
What ´s with the motors ? Do that all rotate smooth? All sensors as the compass and IMU,barometer and gyroskope,are they ok.?
Maybe the IMU must be re calibrated on an even place.

How do you calibrate the barometer and gyroscope? I know how to calibrate the IMU.

Thank you
2018-11-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Scanman50 Posted at 11-6 20:45
How do you calibrate the barometer and gyroscope? I know how to calibrate the IMU.

Thank you

You don’t. Haha

If there isn’t a calibration section for it in the app, it doesn’t happen.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker
2018-11-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

The Gyro and baro should calibrate it self but the IMU you must do if your copter does not hover in place +- 0,5 meter  The Gyro is only for holding the copters x and y axis in level and the baro for hold the copters altitude during hover. The IMU does use all sensors inclusive data from GPS receiver of the copter and calculate the movement difference.
2018-11-7
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Very good prctice to hover at 5 feet long enough to check stability and control.  While hovering have you observed the GPS signal and number of satelites on your display?  Have you checked that the S1 switch is in the "Up" position to have flight mode P-GPS activated?
2018-11-7
Use props
Scanman50
lvl.2
United States

Peterx Posted at 11-7 02:04
The Gyro and baro should calibrate it self but the IMU you must do if your copter does not hover in place +- 0,5 meter  The Gyro is only for holding the copters x and y axis in level and the baro for hold the copters altitude during hover. The IMU does use all sensors inclusive data from GPS receiver of the copter and calculate the movement difference.

Thank you for the quick response. Great info and I will do that today.

Thanks

Jerry
2018-11-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Check the position of the S1 as Jack said. Then check the number of logged GPS sats,bellow 6 the copter will drift with the wind. Try to fly an exorcise in ATTI mode (S1 middle position) and you´ll avoid many problems with holding the position during hover.
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules