1424 15 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like DJI has shot themselves in the foot...once again!

With the latest firmware it's not possible to go below 1/30th shutter speed.

Without this capability the hyperlapse function is next to useless!!

If anyone is running the current firmware and has found a work-around...please let us all know!!!

and....Hello...DJI!!

Can you fix this in the next update???????

2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As the optical measurement technology used by the Mavic 2 requires continuous image information, so if the shutter speed is too low the video bitrate will stop, causing the visual measurement to fail, therefore the minimum shutter speed is limited to 1/30.

We will continue to optimize the shutter threshold to ensure your flight experience, please pay attention to the firmware update. Thank you.
2018-11-6
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 16:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As the optical measurement technology used by the Mavic 2 requires continuous image information, so if the shutter speed is too low the video bitrate will stop, causing the visual measurement to fail, therefore the minimum shutter speed is limited to 1/30.

We will continue to optimize the shutter threshold to ensure your flight experience, please pay attention to the firmware update. Thank you.

In the previous firmware it WAS possible to set lower shutter speeds.

However, if the user updated to the 'current' firmware it is NOT possible to lower shutter speeds.

1. So what actually took place that made it necessary for DJI to 'DOWNGRADE' the performance of the Hyperlapse flight mode?

2. Will this change and the capability to lower the shutter speed below 1/30th be made possible with future firmware updates?  (or will DJI take away other user functionalities!?)

Frankly, I'm encouraged to go back to the previous firmware.
2018-11-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 16:22

This is absolutely not true. I still use Hyperlapse with around ¼ second shutter speed using a workaround and it computes perfectly every time. I’ve done A LOT of Hyperlapse this way.

This blind regurgitated bad info keeps spreading! So please just let us EASILY adjust the camera settings in that mode.
2018-11-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 11-6 17:32

However, if the user updated to the 'current' firmware it is NOT possible to lower shutter speeds.

Setup 5D left/right to shutter speed. Use that to adjust your Hyperlapse in Manual (M) mode.
2018-11-6
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-6 17:45
Setup 5D left/right to shutter speed. Use that to adjust your Hyperlapse in Manual (M) mode.

I recall your workaround in a different thread. I have been working late and haven’t had an opportunity to try your workaround.  I am sure it works.
2018-11-6
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 11-6 18:10
I recall your workaround in a different thread. I have been working late and haven’t had an opportunity to try your workaround.  I am sure it works.

This 'workaround' does not workaround with the Mavic Pro 2.

The 5D option of adjusting iso/shutter was available in the original Mavic Pro.

Not an option in the MP2/zoom.
2018-11-6
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 11-6 18:24
This 'workaround' does not workaround with the Mavic Pro 2.

The 5D option of adjusting iso/shutter was available in the original Mavic Pro.

Note to DJI

Perhaps when you 'add' functionality with subsequent firmware updates...

You should notify users of the 'subtracted' functionalities you've decided to take away from users!
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 11-6 17:32

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We do apologize for the sudden changes in the latest firmware, specifically on the Hyper-lapse mode. I will inform our team if we could possibly provide an option to change the shutter speed again on the Hyper-Lapse. I'll be raising your feedback to the right department. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-7
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 08:45
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We do apologize for the sudden changes in the latest firmware, specifically on the Hyper-lapse mode. I will inform our team if we could possibly provide an option to change the shutter speed again on the Hyper-Lapse. I'll be raising your feedback to the right department. Thank you for the support.

I appreciate and applaud your acknowledgement.

Now lets get those engineers to fix the problem!

2018-11-7
Use props
jonastheg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3574386 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-6 17:45

only works on ios
2018-11-7
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

does not work on IOS...at least not with the current firmware.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 11-7 09:46
I appreciate and applaud your acknowledgement.

Now lets get those engineers to fix the problem!

Thanks for your understanding. I've forwarded the suggestion and feedback with our team for further help. I would recommend paying attention to our website as well for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-8
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 11-7 17:29
does not work on IOS...at least not with the current firmware.

Works just fine on my iPad 2018 running the latest IOS.  Took it right down to 1/4 sec. today.
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_YyKQDv48bKmf
New
Flight distance : 9035 ft
Canada

I am running latest firmware update with Android and can confirm that I am not able to control the shutter speed with the 5D button configuration. Very dissapointing as I used to use hyperlapse at night all the time before updating. Has anyone successfully rolled back the firmware to previous versions?
2018-11-8
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YyKQDv48bKmf Posted at 11-8 15:47
I am running latest firmware update with Android and can confirm that I am not able to control the shutter speed with the 5D button configuration. Very dissapointing as I used to use hyperlapse at night all the time before updating. Has anyone successfully rolled back the firmware to previous versions?

Yes, I rolled back yesterday and as a result can easily select slower shutter speeds.

Very happy about that.

Make sure you roll back the controller as well.
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules