2052 12 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpalamaro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using the Phantom 4 Pro controller (integrated display) and still am disappointed in bright sunlight, inability to see the screen, even with  hood. I saw the DJI CrystalSky 7.85 Ultrabright Monitor and read on this forum the brightness factor/2000 whatevers. Obviously this controller has DJI Go loaded, part of controller.
My other controller, I've been using the Nexus 7, ugh, can't see a darn thing in bright sunlight, and wonder next. Does the DJI CrystalSkyUltra bright have capability to load DJI Go?

Sorry, I'm a newbie and what you folks can answer in seconds may take me weeks, or never? Thanks in advance.

2018-11-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

From DJI website.
https://www.dji.com/crystalsky

Supports DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and DJI Pilot.

Pilot? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2018-11-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jp,

AS RHP indicated, the CrystalSky display series run all the DJI apps (with the possible exception of GS Pro).  With your 5.5 inch display integrated in your P4 Pro + (plus) there is an adjustment to increase and decrease the brightness.  Look for it and use it to see if the brightness improves.  Let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-7
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-7 00:59
Aloha jp,

AS RHP indicated, the CrystalSky display series run all the DJI apps (with the possible exception of GS Pro).  With your 5.5 inch display integrated in your P4 Pro + (plus) there is an adjustment to increase and decrease the brightness.  Look for it and use it to see if the brightness improves.  Let us know how it goes.

I have scoured the menus and cannot find a brightness adjustment anywhere. I'm not the greatest at finding things but I have persevered on this as I spent a lot of money on this Pro controller for its display and while it's measurably better than my Nexus 7 on the standard controller, in bright FL sunlight it's still very difficult to fly/see, esp. in FPV. I'm about to tilt for almost $1,000 for the 7.5 Ultrabright and would rather put the money on a Mavic II Zoom LOL
I'd consider the lesser priced 5.5 inch, can't remember the designation, but not the Ultrabright but DJI asserts in its advertising it's fine in bright sunlight, but suspect it might be a warmed up version or outboard version of the display on the Pro controller I already have.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Welcome to DJI forum and than you for your inquiry. The DJI CrystalSky 7.85" supports both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 applications. For additional information about the DJI CrystalSky I will be posting a link where you can learn more about the DJI CrystalSky. I hope this can help you and thank you for your support.
2018-11-7
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-7 07:07
Hello. Welcome to DJI forum and than you for your inquiry. The DJI CrystalSky 7.85" supports both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 applications. For additional information about the DJI CrystalSky I will be posting a link where you can learn more about the DJI CrystalSky. I hope this can help you and thank you for your support.

No need as prior replies have helped clear up the uncertainty of DJI's advertising and all is clear regarding this display.

My latest question, perhaps in the wrong forum as it's a bit OT, but a member asserted there's a display setting on the Phantom Pro integrated display controller, and I cannot find it and wonder if I may stay on this thread for info on that?
2018-11-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jpalamaro Posted at 11-7 06:50
I have scoured the menus and cannot find a brightness adjustment anywhere. I'm not the greatest at finding things but I have persevered on this as I spent a lot of money on this Pro controller for its display and while it's measurably better than my Nexus 7 on the standard controller, in bright FL sunlight it's still very difficult to fly/see, esp. in FPV. I'm about to tilt for almost $1,000 for the 7.5 Ultrabright and would rather put the money on a Mavic II Zoom LOL
I'd consider the lesser priced 5.5 inch, can't remember the designation, but not the Ultrabright but DJI asserts in its advertising it's fine in bright sunlight, but suspect it might be a warmed up version or outboard version of the display on the Pro controller I already have.

Aloha jp,

Your P4 Pro + (plus) has the same maximum brightness as my 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness.  The brightness levels are adjustable.  There are two ways to access the brightness adjustment options.  

First, the abbreviation for the brightness adjustment is called "SRE";

Second, there is a Quick Settings option, and;

Third, there is a "Settings" option.

You will have to try to find these two option versions on your own since I do not have a P4 Pro + (plus) to figure it out.  But they will look related since the P4 Pro + (plus) display is the basic screen for the 5.5 inch CrystalSky.  Below are two screenshots of the two settings options.

The SRE settings are circled or surrounded with yellow lines.  The white dots indicate how bright the setting is.  The slider is a settings option that will also change the number of dots whited.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-7
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-7 17:11
Aloha jp,

Your P4 Pro + (plus) has the same maximum brightness as my 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness.  The brightness levels are adjustable.  There are two ways to access the brightness adjustment options.  

I have once again dived deep into the the menus and have found neither the SRE nor palette and nowhere is there a slider bar in an of the menus for brightness. In fact my current version DJI Go looks nothing like your pic, but appreciate your efforts very much.
2018-11-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jpalamaro Posted at 11-7 17:51
I have once again dived deep into the the menus and have found neither the SRE nor palette and nowhere is there a slider bar in an of the menus for brightness. In fact my current version DJI Go looks nothing like your pic, but appreciate your efforts very much.

Aloha jp,

There is no reason to dive deep anywhere.  These two screens are the "Splash" screen when we turn on the CrystalSky monitors and the "Home" screen for the CrystalSky.  Each one comes on when we press a button.

If you go past the first screens displayed when you turn on the P4 Pro + (plus), you have gone too far.  Have you read the manual for the built in display?  All I can get is the same manual for the P4 Pro that I have and it does not deal with your display brightness issue (maybe because we do not have the built in display).  Look for the SRE in your opening screens.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-7
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-7 18:24
Aloha jp,

There is no reason to dive deep anywhere.  These two screens are the "Splash" screen when we turn on the CrystalSky monitors and the "Home" screen for the CrystalSky.  Each one comes on when we press a button.

Read a manual? LOL, but I owe you big time in that your commitment to keeping this thread alive had me believing there was a solution, albeit, no SRE nor palette, etc. However, thru just plain dumb luck, and your comment about the variability on the splash screen, I luckily swiped down from the top of the screen (works in all screen) and a drop down graphical menu shows unit VOLUME and BRIGHTNESS. I'm excited because the default brightness was set at 60% and I'm sure at 100% its readability in bright sun will be stupendous. PLUS, YOU LIKELY SAVED ME ALMOST A GRAND AS WAS ABOUT TO PURCHASE THE 7.X ULTRABRIGHT. Thanks again for you help and commitment.
2018-11-7
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I have the Crystal Sky 7.85" model. It IS easy to see in any conditions. The downside is it seems sluggish and lacks the horsepower to display the video feed when using Intelligent Flight modes, and live streaming always comes out chopped up. A ten minute flight results in a 20 second stream that appears to have been cut-edited. It simply lacks the CPU power to handle more than one function. In hot weather, it crashes or stops responding often. Cold weather, seems fine. Haven't had any crashes of Go 4 lately, but it's been in the 20s and 30s here.
2018-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-29 12:13
I have the Crystal Sky 7.85" model. It IS easy to see in any conditions. The downside is it seems sluggish and lacks the horsepower to display the video feed when using Intelligent Flight modes, and live streaming always comes out chopped up. A ten minute flight results in a 20 second stream that appears to have been cut-edited. It simply lacks the CPU power to handle more than one function. In hot weather, it crashes or stops responding often. Cold weather, seems fine. Haven't had any crashes of Go 4 lately, but it's been in the 20s and 30s here.

Aloha Mark,

Do you think your problem could be due to OccuSync?  My friend has a P4 Pro Obsidian and uses the CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra and has no problems.  The company he works for has two Ultras and a Matrice 100 running on DJI GO.  That combination was very similar to your description.  Those Ultras were bright but had a terrible display.

Once we put his Parabolics from his Obsidian and my Parabolics from my P4 Pro on to his two remote controllers and the Ultras, they worked much, much better.  Big improvement!  He is going to buy two sets of Parabolics for the company now.

Considering how inexpensive the Parabolics are ($10-$20), you might want to order some for yourself.  I got some small ones for my Mavic Air and it improved the performance of the Mavic Air 100%.

Hope this helps!  Happy Holidays!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-29
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Before I got the Crystal Sky, I tried to use a Samsung tablet, but all I got was a picture breaking up with green and grey digital blocks. When I used a faster device (a smart phone), the display was perfect==just too small and dim to use in daylight. But perfect transmission.

The Crystal Sky doesn't have image transmission problems unless it's doing more than one task, such as displaying the video AND streaming on the internet, or displaying video AND using Intelligent Flight mode.

The symptoms look like insufficient signal, but I found out there were due to insufficient processing power.
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules